Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Undercover Racing Sting Thwarts local Racers!!

I thought this was halarious. This happend in my hometown. A spot that had been blown up for atleast 2 years and these idiots go out with 20+ cars and race it. Check it out, interesting and entertaining read!! Check out both links. At the bottom is a link to the thread on a local message board that some of the guys involved posted in.. Funny stuff!!!

Here is the article

More than a dozen police cruiser lights lit up I-564 Friday night as state and Norfolk police closed in a group of street racers near the Naval base.

Police say young drivers in fast cars had turned I-564 into their motor speedway. Police caught nine high speed street racers in a rolling road block. The drivers stand to loose both their licenses and their cars.

Police have been monitoring the racing for several weeks, clocking drivers traveling in excess of 150 miles per hour, so fast, they couldn't even catch them.

"As soon as they'd come three the terminal, a couple of the cars would slow down and hold traffic back and the other four or five whoever was racing at the time would line up and beep the horn and that was the go signal and they would take off," said State police 1st Sgt. Chris Hawkins.

Drivers caught in the roadblock were charged with organized racing on a public highway. Police confiscated their cars and their passengers were charged with aiding and abetting an organized race.

State police say this parking lot off Little Creek Road served as the spot to congregate. Police charged 17 more drivers here for having illegal equipment on their cars.

Police say they'd rather have to call a parent to pick a child up than have to call a parent to tell them something much worse. "It doesn't take much when you're running side by side with a car and loose control. If you do, especially with the small cars it would just totally demolish those cars and the people in them is not much chance of survival at that speed," Hawkins said.

It will be up to a judge to determine if those involved will loose their cars for good.

Here is the link to the message board where a few members on the board that were involved posted.
    http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130116

great let rapist and robbers run free while we take peoples cars from them

sure street racing is not very intelligent, but something tells me that if police were not able to take peoples property and sell it and use the revenue to purchase un-needed toys with that the amount of time devoted to some "crimes" would go WAY down

sadly we cannot take anything from a rapist a robber or a murderer or make them WORK ON CHAIN GANGS to pay for their crimes, but we can grab the car of some speeders......shows why people hate cops now more than ever....they are a joke

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

All Im going to really say about that is stupid is as stupid does. These guys were just stupid for doing what they were doing, where they were doing it. You would have to live in the area to understand.

blue
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

There are better places to race than an interstate. It's a shame these cops don't have something better to do than mess with kids and their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    All Im going to really say about that is stupid is as stupid does. These guys were just stupid for doing what they were doing, where they were doing it. You would have to live in the area to understand.
    they do the same stupid crap in Dallas.....freeway racing is gay anyway

and i agree 100% if you know the penelty and still to it tough luck....but in the end it is all a waste....the cops care nothing about "saving" those kids or anyone they might smash into on the freeway

they just want the money that comes "unincumbered" from selling their property

same with the "drug war" they care nothing about the people....they want to take their stuff and buy "cop toys" with it....that they can run around and play with instead of solving crimes

how come a rapist or a murderer does not forfit 100% of their assets when convicted....well because leftist shitbags would cry and scream....and the cops don't have enough guts to go against them

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Its probably more for the good ole pat on the back from higher ups. A sucessfull cop is a cop that busts alot of criminals, hands out alot of tickets..ect ect.

badass67
    Cops in a now in situation with you guys.
    If they bust them, they are being asses.

If they don't and someone dies due to a wreck casued by racing, the cops are not doing their jobs and you guys bitch.

The law says no racing. The cops have to enforce the law.
    Stupid ass kids break the law, they should pay.
    The penalty is high to try and curb the idiots from doing it.

Instead of bitching and crying, why not do something to make it better and come up with a solution.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by badass67
    Instead of bitching and crying, why not do something to make it better and come up with a solution.
    We tried in my town. The cops and city hall were bitching and bitching about the street racing, but when the local car clubs, businesses, cruise committee, and damn near anyone with a car proposed a solution, the city and police station shit all over it.

Oh, and all we proposed to do was open a weekend strip, with strict safety rules, on one of the three airstrips in the area. Two are completely abandoned, but kept in good shape for the hobby fliers, and are privately owned. Talks were underway with both abandoned strips and a deal was all but signed with one. A small admission was to be charged to pay for insurance and such, but it was not okayed by the city because of noise, traffic, and safety "problems". Thing is that they were both way out in the boonies and barely within the cities control (I'm talking sliver of land and questionable control). Complete bullshit

NBM
    '00 Z28

First off, I do not condone racing on the highways. I don't condone street racing either. However, I have participated in one or two competitions of speed.

I have written letters to my city, county and state officials recommending locations for those who want to race to be able to do so. They've done it in California (can't remember where) and had a fair amount of success with it. It does get racers off the street, and, if set up properly, it could yeild the local government more revenue than simply trying to bust a handful of racers. They, however, wont go for it. They stick by the line of "racing is illegal." Which to me translates to "We're not going to sanction it because we don't want to get involved. We'd rather ticket you if we bust you. Please don't kill anyone."

The fact is, as long as you have cars, bikes, or any vehicle that moves, there will be competitions. People will race no matter what. Either you give them a spot to do it, or you have to deal with people doing it on your streets and highways. Do what is safest for all involved. Give us a place to race. There isn't a drag strip around me for at least 150 miles. Not exactly what I've got in mind while cruising on a Friday or Saturday night.

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by INandOUTBurger
    great let rapist and robbers run free while we take peoples cars from them

sure street racing is not very intelligent, but something tells me that if police were not able to take peoples property and sell it and use the revenue to purchase un-needed toys with that the amount of time devoted to some "crimes" would go WAY down

sadly we cannot take anything from a rapist a robber or a murderer or make them WORK ON CHAIN GANGS to pay for their crimes, but we can grab the car of some speeders......shows why people hate cops now more than ever....they are a joke
    you come off as pretty ignorant. You really think the cops sat around and go...hmm..well...we could arrest this murder or rapist, but we won't benefit from it...so lets get those street racer. No...they don't you fucking moron...they get political pressure from the parents that have lost kids because of street racing...not to mention the complaints from other motorists. Also, about crimes going way down..if you knew anything about what you are talking about..you'd know that most of a cops job is going to crimes taking place...not preventing them from happening..they're not ucking mind readers. Only people who hates cops are ignorant ass people like yourself...just wait to the day that you need them..liek if you get in a car accident..or your mom gets raped...just wait...you'll change your tune one day..or end up and jail.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
    you come off as pretty ignorant. You really think the cops sat around and go...hmm..well...we could arrest this murder or rapist, but we won't benefit from it...so lets get those street racer. No...they don't you fucking moron...they get political pressure from the parents that have lost kids because of street racing...not to mention the complaints from other motorists. Also, about crimes going way down..if you knew anything about what you are talking about..you'd know that most of a cops job is going to crimes taking place...not preventing them from happening..they're not ucking mind readers. Only people who hates cops are ignorant ass people like yourself...just wait to the day that you need them..liek if you get in a car accident..or your mom gets raped...just wait...you'll change your tune one day..or end up and jail.
    if i get in a car accident all i need them for is to take a report.....if my mom got raped....then it is too late for the cops to be there when they were needed

never said i hate cops...and as for parents complaining about their kids dying in street races how about clueing them into the harsh reality that if THEY WERE BETTER PARENTS and keep a check on what their kids were doing with their time and the money their parents give them then maybe their kids would still be alive

and yes i do think cops sit around and think up ways to increase their revenue while preventing "crimes" that are far less severe than other real crimes....hince places like Plano, Texas taking peoples ricers one weekend then going out in those ricers the next weekend and reving on people to see if they can bait them into a race and then take their car as well

kinda funny they have a web site the cops can go check out their activities on.i think street racing is insane,anyone caught should loose their car and serve jail time.i don't think its any different than drinking while driving.i've seen people do some whacko things while driving WITHOUT racing.can you imagine whacko ricer the fast and the furious wannabe's racing while your mother or sister driving home from grandmas get in the way?if i see ANY street racing i always take licence numbers down,pictures if i have a camera with me and call it in.I know we have fast cars and its fun to drive them fast.but racing is for the TRACK ONLY!

by the way i don't really like cops too much because i feel they pick on the wrong people because of dicheads who do street race.i constantly get followed in the ta for no reason other than the cop thinks EVERYONE who owns a fast car is the fast and the furious.where are these cops when some peckerhead is following me @ 2 ft because i'm driving the speed limit?probably eatting a jelly donut.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA
    kinda funny they have a web site the cops can go check out their activities on.i think street racing is insane,anyone caught should loose their car and serve jail time.i don't think its any different than drinking while driving.i've seen people do some whacko things while driving WITHOUT racing.can you imagine whacko ricer the fast and the furious wannabe's racing while your mother or sister driving home from grandmas get in the way?if i see ANY street racing i always take licence numbers down,pictures if i have a camera with me and call it in.I know we have fast cars and its fun to drive them fast.but racing is for the TRACK ONLY!

by the way i don't really like cops too much because i feel they pick on the wrong people because of dicheads who do street race.i constantly get followed in the ta for no reason other than the cop thinks EVERYONE who owns a fast car is the fast and the furious.where are these cops when some peckerhead is following me @ 2 ft because i'm driving the speed limit?probably eatting a jelly donut.
    So im guessing you have never in your life raced a car illegally on the street?

if you mean a quick stomp on it with noone around? yes.a all out race to 120+ HELL NO!

have any idea how quick a car can get loose and kill people under WOT?locally we had a 99TA racing a mustang,the TA went over the guardrail down a 30ft drop into the southbound lanes turning a 11 yerold boy into a INSTANT quadriplegic.they estimate the ta was going about 90 as it went over the guide rail.if you want a link to see this mess i can probably find the newspaper article.this guy WAS a reg on this forum.ask him how he likes his jail time and fines.i don't think he has to worry about owning another car or enjoying his life knowing he turned a 11 yearolds life into SHIT!

i also have a friend that killed his best buddy after they went to a nascar race at pocono raceway in his tricked out pro street truck.they were racing a corvette,lost control,hit a van that was on its way home after a enjoyable day at the races.killed his buddy and two people in the van.that little race cost 3 lives,4 years in jail,10 years probation and a hell of alot of money we all pay the insurance companies to settle wrongful death actionsthat go into the MILLIONS.yep MILLIONS we all pay so some dumb FK can go get loose on the street and hurt someone in his car.

i've owned some of the nastiest cars ever built for the street,a 68 barracuda form S etc but i canhonestly say i've never gone from 0-120+ side by side with another performance car racing.BECAUSE I RESPECT OTHERS LIVES AND MINE TOO!

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

If those guys lose their cars, I hope the judge's house burns down with his family in it.

The looting of private property by a government entitiy is far worse than street racing.
    Last edited by jking; 03-05-2006 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jking
    If those guys lose their cars, I hope the judge's house burns down with his family in it.

The looting of private property by a government entitiy is far worse than street racing.
    i hope you're joking.

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

i hope you're joking.

Not at all.

Private property rights are one of the basic concepts this country was founded on.

They must be respected at all cost.

It goes way beyond some fucktard judge or local lawmakers who feel they are above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by jking
    Not at all.

Private property rights are one of the basic concepts this country was founded on.

They must be respected at all cost.

It goes way beyond some fucktard judge or local lawmakers who feel they are above the law.
    laws are there to help protect those that want a safe highway.i think its just to expect those that cause the laws to be writen to pay the bills example if you speed and get caught you pay a fine.if you get caught with drugs in a car you loose it,if you get caught with drugs in a house you loose it.this makes complete sense that when you cause trouble in our society YOU pay for it.NOT we pay for your poor judgement.i love fast cars,i love safe rides in cars.i HATE street racers!i think they ruin the fun of performance cars for everyone.i believe if you are caught in a real down and dirty street race you risk everyone's life around you AND YOU MUST PAY!

i'll tell you another thing my insurance agent told me.i called about insurance BEFORE i bought a new fbody.my agent warned me NOT to buy a ram air TA,he said because of street racing the ram air TA's are crashed so often that the insurance company considers all ram air TA's high risk regardless of your age or record in my area.so i had to settle for a reg TA because of a few dumb azzes that can't use their heads.
    Last edited by YoMommasTA; 03-05-2006 at 07:21 PM.

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

laws are there to help protect those that want a safe highway.i think its just to expect those that cause the laws to be writen to pay the bills example if you speed and get caught you pay a fine.if you get caught with drugs in a car you loose it,if you get caught with drugs in a house you loose it.this makes complete sense that when you cause trouble in our society YOU pay for it.NOT we pay for your poor judgement.i love fast cars,i love safe rides in cars.i HATE street racers!i think they ruin the fun of performance cars for everyone.i believe if you are caught in a real down and dirty street race you risk everyone's life around you AND YOU MUST PAY!

I'm not arguing that we shouldn't have laws ensuring a safe highway.

Paying with money or jail time is legal.

Siezing private property is illegal and should not be tolerated.

You have the freedom to move to China where they have no respect for property rights if you don't like it.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

i'm sorry but that doesn't work,taking away their toys hurts more and WORKS.tell that 11 yearold if the state had taken away his fathers ta he would still be able to walk and enjoy life.i'll bet he would say...why didn't they....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information