Black
    1999 Trans Am Ram Air

Traded 99 WS6 for Grand Prix GXP, need mods websites

I've been researching on this website for several years now for info. and mods for our 99 and 01 Trans Am's my wife and I have owned. We recently traded our 99 WS6 for a more family type ride with the most power and sporty ride that Pontaic had to offer which was the GXP. I would like to know where any Grand Prix websites are to help me with it like this website has helped me through the years with my Firebirds. Thanks, Tracy

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

http://www.grandprix.net/ best one I found so far

www.clubgp.com

If you go there put your thick skin on.

05 Ducati 999
    06 Mazdaspeed6

pfyc.com is also a pretty good site, there is also zzperformance.com

Hey let me know how you like the GXP. I have been wanting to get one & trade the GTO off, I need a 4 door now! I have been debating between the GXP & the trailblazer
    2008 Lincoln MKZ - AWD
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Wifes car
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Sold
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6 - Sold

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Keep the GTO!!! I just bought 2006 Grand Prix and love it, but i would trade it for a GTO anyday.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

how is the GP GXP, doesn't it have the 303hp. 5.3? just wondering how it pulls and what 1/4 mile time are like, thanks

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ram Air

We really like the GP alot. My wife is the driver 80% of the time and she likes it equally to her 2001 Trans Am she used to have. Haven't regreted trading for the first time yet, it's been almost 3 months. We needed the 4-door for hauling our daughter around. The GP has a lot of power but the pull on the steering at WOT is a B*TCH being front wheel drive. You have to hold it with both hands. The side windows are kinda small, it's tight to get in and out of, but most sedans are. Overall out of 10 I would say it gets a 9. It a very fun car to drive. I don't have any track times. It also has a fairly stiff ride, but hey gotta love paying extra for that tuned suspension. We were looking between the GP GXP, Acura TL, & Mazda 6. Still think we made the right choice for our taste but the Acura TL had some of the best ratings in Consumer Reports Auto Issue.

liquid silver
    '06 Grand Prix GXP

Fastest 1/4 time for a stock GXP I have read of is 13.685 but generally it is a high 13/low 14 sec car. The LS4 makes excellent torque for a sedan, 323lbs. at only around 4K. Not much aftermarket for it yet, sounds like headers may be coming, about all else is a tune.
    Last edited by xg8op13; 07-06-2006 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Keep the GTO!!! I just bought 2006 Grand Prix and love it, but i would trade it for a GTO anyday.
    I would like to, but we are having our first kid & I don't want to hassle with getting it in & out of the back! I think one of my friends might buy the GTO in a month or so, b/c they just closed on a house, but if he don't I am going to keep it for a while!!

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ram Air

For what it's worth, we also have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe and it's by far the best thing to haul the kids around in, in my opinion. My wife and I are on the tall side and it's easy to get ourselves and the kids in and out of. But it's not cost effective with 14-15 MPG for a lot of folks. The GP works ok but you have a low roof and not much room between the front and back seats for getting kids into car seats. For anyone puchasing a GP for using with kids, I would suggest trying one out for the weekend and practice getting yourself and your kids in and out of it a few times and see how it works for you. That's what we did. Used it for hauling groceries and such just as if it was our everyday car. It's not perfect but it has a lot to offer and makes up for the few drawbacks.
    Last edited by 99WS6inNC; 07-10-2006 at 06:24 PM.

Thread Information