Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Today is the most humiliating day of my life

I'm gonna bring everyone up to speed here. I've been driving my dad's 2001 Durango since I've been saving up money to buy another F-body, its been tough considering the Durango sucks and swallows my money in gas consumption, but at least I'm in a decent vehicle thats getting to work and back. Here comes Monday night. On the way home from my girlfriends house I was just saying to myself, "This is a really nice car for a Dodge." and then the temperature gauge jumps to the right causing the check gauges light to demand my attention by beeping and flashing red. We all know flashing red means we've just fucked up. Luckily for me this happened right before I turned in my driveway so I didn't need a tow. I open the hood and the radiator fluid is burning into a white cloud all over the car port. Rather then get angry I walk inside, tell my dad, and go to bed.

The next morning my parents and I pile into the Jeep and head to work. This is fine, no arguing happening, everyone is just pissed they are up driving around at 6:30 in the morning. Work flys by and I get a ride home from a coworker only to realize that I had left my keys in the house. My job is 8-5 and I sat in my front lawn from 5:30 till 7 waiting for someone to come home. During the wait my chair broke so I fell through it planting my ass on the ground. This leaves our entire outter deck set from J-mart with 1 chair. Now, my girlfriend says I can borrow her car for work on Wednesday (today) and I agree because I figure my mom works down the road from me she can drop me off and pick me up. My plan backfired because she hitched a ride early with my dad before I was up, leaving me to drive the bright yellow VW beetle all by myself. Little flower and all. During my ride to work I could sense the people around me laughing at me, pointing, calling their friends and saying "Hey this queer next to me is driving a bright yellow beetle!"
    Oh well, I push through the expedition of driving to work and arrive 30 minutes early.

What made today so hard is my boss is an ex Iron worker. He is a man, all about getting pussy, drinking beer, smoking filterless anything, and not very punctual. Except he was punctually early today. And he stepped out of his car as I pulled up. I couldn't even look at him in the eye because I knew I would truly loose my man card for life. After about an hour of hearing what a "shit pusher" I was I went to my office. During lunch I parked in the back of the building where no cars were in order to avoid much more laughing. As I'm getting out a black C5 vette pulls up next to me and woman steps out. A very attractive woman. And I'm in a beetle. A bright yellow beetle. Now I sit here with 30 minutes left until I must face the beetle again. Not even its 5 speed shifter and turbo can save it from making any man who sits in it look as if they just let other men throw dick inside them.

I hate today.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Make a paper bag mask so no one will identify you. Shoulda done it to begin with. You can still salvage the ride home this way though.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

So this J-mart... is that like the Jewish K mart or something?

Silver
    2005 Toyota Corolla (DD)

Two Augusts ago I was on a work assignment in California for a month.

Guess what my rental car was? Yup, a bright yellow automatic beetle. The worst part is I used to live there, so I actually knew people.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

thought a red cobalt sedan with the wing aswell as rogues were embarrassing, damn

under your avatar you need to change 1996 Brokestang GT
    White to brokeback mountain beetle yellow

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    I'm gonna bring everyone up to speed here. I've been driving my dad's 2001 Durango since I've been saving up money to buy another F-body, its been tough considering the Durango sucks and swallows my money in gas consumption, but at least I'm in a decent vehicle thats getting to work and back. Here comes Monday night. On the way home from my girlfriends house I was just saying to myself, "This is a really nice car for a Dodge." and then the temperature gauge jumps to the right causing the check gauges light to demand my attention by beeping and flashing red. We all know flashing red means we've just fucked up. Luckily for me this happened right before I turned in my driveway so I didn't need a tow. I open the hood and the radiator fluid is burning into a white cloud all over the car port. Rather then get angry I walk inside, tell my dad, and go to bed.

The next morning my parents and I pile into the Jeep and head to work. This is fine, no arguing happening, everyone is just pissed they are up driving around at 6:30 in the morning. Work flys by and I get a ride home from a coworker only to realize that I had left my keys in the house. My job is 8-5 and I sat in my front lawn from 5:30 till 7 waiting for someone to come home. During the wait my chair broke so I fell through it planting my ass on the ground. This leaves our entire outter deck set from J-mart with 1 chair. Now, my girlfriend says I can borrow her car for work on Wednesday (today) and I agree because I figure my mom works down the road from me she can drop me off and pick me up. My plan backfired because she hitched a ride early with my dad before I was up, leaving me to drive the bright yellow VW beetle all by myself. Little flower and all. During my ride to work I could sense the people around me laughing at me, pointing, calling their friends and saying "Hey this queer next to me is driving a bright yellow beetle!"
    Oh well, I push through the expedition of driving to work and arrive 30 minutes early.

What made today so hard is my boss is an ex Iron worker. He is a man, all about getting pussy, drinking beer, smoking filterless anything, and not very punctual. Except he was punctually early today. And he stepped out of his car as I pulled up. I couldn't even look at him in the eye because I knew I would truly loose my man card for life. After about an hour of hearing what a "shit pusher" I was I went to my office. During lunch I parked in the back of the building where no cars were in order to avoid much more laughing. As I'm getting out a black C5 vette pulls up next to me and woman steps out. A very attractive woman. And I'm in a beetle. A bright yellow beetle. Now I sit here with 30 minutes left until I must face the beetle again. Not even its 5 speed shifter and turbo can save it from making any man who sits in it look as if they just let other men throw dick inside them.

I hate today.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

so so sorry.....

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

That sucks, very bad man. Fix the GT, do a full PI conversion, make it look good. You'll be alright.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Wow, you sure did have a tough day. *Sarcasm intended*

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I can empathize about the Durango. When I was DD my 3rd gen everytime I said (hell, thought) something nice about it it proceeded to break my spirit and break something, always in a very conspicuous and embarrassing way.

The yellow New Beetle, well, I just can't help you there.

Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post

I hate today.
    Man, after work you drive that piss yellow insect to the nearest Liquor store and get something to help you forget today. It'll be 'aight! Then get your girl and make her make You forget driving her piss yellow insect.

Black
    99 Z-28

My girlfreiend had a bright yellow bettle! I too felt that my man hood was suspect when I drove that pos.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

That's OK... i drove a silver V6 automatic 2004 Mustang for a few minutes once. Couldn't walk straight for a week.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Most humiliating day of your life huh?

you ain't seen shit yet.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Keep working and saving. I think that one of those F-bods i found you is going for 4K now. He really wants to get a Vette bad.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

of V Dub?

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

"Its my gfs car, my vettes in the shop"

Yep.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Most humiliating day of your life huh?

you ain't seen shit yet.
    True DAT! Wait til you get to be my age. Then you'll know (and probably have experienced) true humilation. Driving a yellow New beetle is mild in comparision...

<--- Made Sr Citizen this year. Lot's 'o wisdom therefore (read: lot's 'o accumulated humilation)...

These days I know not so much what to do as what not to do...
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 05-19-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    True DAT! Wait til you get to be my age. Then you'll know (and probably have experienced) true humilation. Driving a yellow New beetle is mild in comparision...

<--- Made Sr Citizen this year. Lot's 'o wisdom therefore (read: lot's 'o accumulated humilation)...

These days I know not so much what to do as what not to do...
    Okay okay as of yet its the most humiliating day. My girlfriend offered to let me drive it again today and I declined lol. Its one thing when shes in it because people can at least make the assumption its not mine. But when I am riding alone there is only one assumption that can be made.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information