Silver
    2002 WS6

Tire pressure monitor, and lazy ass people

So, if you didn't know after the '06 model years, all SUV's are required to have a tire pressure monitoring system on it. Just another thing because people can't think for themselves!

I'm a Land Rover tech, and if I have to set someones tire pressures to factory specs one more time I'm going to lose it!

How fucking lazy are you, that you'll bring your car into the dealer...just because your tires are a little bit low??

after a few months the pressures will drop...fill them back up dumb ass!!!

ok...needed to vent. lazy fucktards
    2002 WS6 aka "Mr.Brownstone"

My car is my heroin

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

man the two jeep cherokees at my work already had that fuckin sensor go off, so i go and put air in all the tires and the fuckin light still didn't go off! I took it to the dealer and it was the spare tire. JESUS CHRIST! seriously WFT you need a tire pressure sensor in there for. Anyway so the light was off when i left the stealership and the next day it was back on. The sensor was defective so i had to take it all the way back over there and wait again. it is annoying i feel you. i wouldn't want to have to deal with that shit either....

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

What, you expect me to bend over and put the air hose on the tire myself?

Why would I buy an expensive car, just so I could put air in it.

Hell, I do not even put gas in my car, and if the Oil light comes on, I just buy a new car.

--- Just acting like one of those rich morons. I have no problem putting air in my own tires, hell, I have my own compressor.

Silver
    2002 WS6

that just about right, sadly enough

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I'm coming to terms with driving a third gen. I'm just going to run them until they're flat and then buy a new car.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    I'm coming to terms with driving a third gen. I'm just going to run them until they're flat and then buy a new car.
    record that shit on video, u should enter it in a burnout competition at the gm nationals or something...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I'm a dealership tech as well, spent 5 yrs at ford where this was an ongoing problem and its becoming more of the same at hyundai. People freak out over the light and bring it in and waste my time everytime it comes on. part of it is jus to normal pressure drop, the other part is that people love to jus fill their tires to what they think "looks" good and not what the fucking tire gauge they should be using says. Sometimes they have the legitimate flat tire. Part of this problem is the manufacturers fault in making the system have to be reset with a procedure. But for the love of christ people, read your fucking owners manual. it doesnt sound like a big deal, but when you are a flat rate tech and you have to stop what your doing to help some yahoo that doesnt ever buy anything with their damn tpms light, it gets very irritating. some people throw fits over it.

Ps. this is a federal mandate on ALL cars and suvs 2007+. why the government thinks this system is such a good fucking idea is beyond me. cars had been going for 104 yrs without them.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by 02ultraZ View Post
    I took it to the dealer and it was the spare tire. seriously WFT you need a tire pressure sensor in there for.

Because people don't keep their spare inflated and when they need the spare it is flat. That's why.

ALRIGHT NOW wont u listen

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

dude! im a tech at a honda dealer, we have these fuck wads come in A L L the time because there right rear tire is at 31psi when it should be at 35!! O M F G!!!!! PEOPLE!..seriously!! and the new 08 accords..to set the tire sensors you have to lower the tires to 14psi, back to 40psi and back down to 32 psi!!!! W T F! these are brand new and ive already had to deal with atleast 4 of them, i had 3 oddessys today alone, and 1 ridgeline for tire pressure!! this cold weather is zapping AP and making these people flip there lids!! dumbasses!!!

Thread Information