Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

ticket in a different county

Anyone know if there's any sort of appeals process you can do without actually showing up in thehir court, or lawyers you can get? Last week I drove a couple hundred miles back to school, and halfway there I got a ticket in the middle of nowhere. I feel so stupid about it too, another driver had come down the road flashing his high beams to warn us about a speed trap ahead. Just turned off I90 where the speed limit was 70, onto SR-26 where the limit was 60... so got hit for 70 in a 60, in the left lane of the highway in the middle of nowhere. It was literally just another long roadway through some hills, without a town, building, or any signs of civilization or other human life in sight.

But apparently this section of the highway just overlaps into the jurisdiction of a tiny town of Ephrata Washington, population 6,000, and they had their entire police force abandon town to stake out a small section of the highway. 6 cruisers pulled over EVERYONE who passed through the area. Literally. There were 8 cars on the side of the road getting tickets as I got pulled over, then every car which tried to travel down the highway (3 cars) as I was waiting to get written up got pulled over and ticketed too. Obviously this is revenue generation they had timed with the opening of the universities to screw the students as they drove back to school. I don't want Ephrata to get a dime of my money. I wouldn't mind paying a ticket lawyer a fee greater than what the ticket would be as long as the small town doesnt get any of it. Anybody know anything about using lawyers in cases like this?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

na i think you're screwed with the ticket, cops SUCK

there are a couple cops on this forum believe it or not, hopefullly they will chime in

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

If it is in their jurisdiction you will have to pay it .. There is a town right down the road from me Riverside. Who used to give out speeding tickets on I-20, which is not in their jurisdiction, only county and state troopers can. I asked the Sheriff , a family friend, if I had to pay it . He said no, the state was always getting onto Riverside for doing it ..

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

I fought a ticket using a traffic lawyer before and it was great! I wanted to fight it but I was going to school in virginia but got the ticket in florida. I looked in the phone book and found a lawyer that charged pretty much the same as the fine but I wasn't required to go to court and he took care of the ticket and it never ended up on my driving record or anything. also If he didn't win then I didn't pay.

Thread Information