Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver
    1999 Camaro SS

Thinking of moving to DFW, Questions..?

Okay I am a SQL Server DBA and have family in DFW but I am not familiar with DFW.

How do people like living there and how is it working in the IT industry there?

Thanks for any info.

2001 Camaro SS Red M6
    never worked in the it industry but i loved it when i lived there

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

we need more californians in Texas. we dont already have 10924809184091283213892-391248124213 of them. come on over.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    we need more californians in Texas. we dont already have 10924809184091283213892-391248124213 of them. come on over.
    I heard they are renaming Travis County California county. But hey, my dad was a LA to DFW convert, so I guess I won't talk too much shit.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fun View Post
    Okay I am a SQL Server DBA and have family in DFW but I am not familiar with DFW.

How do people like living there and how is it working in the IT industry there?

Thanks for any info.
    Be prepared to be amazed at the cheap price of a house, gas, food, etc. Nice weather like you're used to as well. Plenty of stuff to do, and if not you are 4 hours from Austin/San Antonio or Houston. I liked my stay in the DFW area. I would suggest living in the North Richland Hills/Hurst/Keller/Colleyville area.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

not a bad place to live, no state tax in Texas. Dallas is good. Don't know about Fort Worth. People can't drive worth a shit in the rain/sonw/ice. Lot's of $40,000, millionaires if you can catch my drift. good night life. UT Longhiorn shit everywhere, same w/messycans...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

been thinking about this move myself...either that or back home to Tulsa

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

come on down ZAP!!! shit move here and you get to meet ShelbySS, DJvaly, and me for starters, plus you move farther away from TSS. it's win win man...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I would rather have my eyeballs removed with a spoon and hot molten lead be pured in my eyesockets than live in DFW. I would rather french kiss Bill Parcells while whacking off Terrel Owens on national TV at halftime of the SuperBowl than live in DFW. I would rather drive a pink Toyota Camry with a I Love Hillary bumper sticker on it while wearing a bright pink evening gown and a matching handbag than live in fucking DFW. I would rather quit smoking Marlboros drinking Shiner Bock and only smoke Virginia Slims and sip wine coolers than live in DFW. I was born and raised in DFW and dedicated the first 16 years of my life to getting the Fuck out of DFW and that was a long long time ago. Today it is much worse.
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I would rather have my eyeballs removed with a spoon and hot molten lead be pured in my eyesockets than live in DFW. I would rather french kiss Bill Parcells while whacking off Terrel Owens on national TV at halftime of the SuperBowl than live in DFW. I would rather drive a pink Toyota Camry with a I Love Hillary bumper sticker on it while wearing a bright pink evening gown and a matching handbag than live in fucking DFW. I would rather quit smoking Marlboros drinking Shiner Bock and only smoke Virginia Slims and sip wine coolers than live in DFW. I was born and raised in DFW and dedicated the first 16 years of my life to getting the Fuck out of DFW and that was a long long time ago. Today it is much worse.
    Damn, tell us how you really feel. I guess if you own your own land the city kind of sucks. Hopefully I will have my own land in hill country some day...........

Silver
    1999 Camaro SS

Thanks for the replies!

Well Sarge why exactly do you feel that way? There must be more to that story!

BTW I am from Seattle originally but was in the marine corps and so eventually wound up here and went to school, etc...

As I mentioned I have family in DFW (Midlothian) and that has to be a consideration as well. I would probably live near DFW closer to my family.

p.s. Is Elmer Boggs still around??

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

gotta love this mans honesty

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Thanks for the replies!

Well Sarge why exactly do you feel that way? There must be more to that story!

BTW I am from Seattle originally but was in the marine corps and so eventually wound up here and went to school, etc...

As I mentioned I have family in DFW (Midlothian) and that has to be a consideration as well. I would probably live near DFW closer to my family.

p.s. Is Elmer Boggs still around??
    One big ass cemented cesspool of shit for brains who failed in another area of the country and moved there. Wall to wall people and cars.
    Lost its orginal identity that made it unique to begin with and is now just a bunch of strip malls and shitheads trying to get to work and back. IT market is saturated there. Try Tyler/Longview or Austin/San Antonio for a much much better quality of life and a better job market for SQL dudes.

Silver
    1999 Camaro SS

Hmmmm that is interesting. Why do you say the IT market is saturated? Is doesn't look that way from the job sites. Thanks for the tip on the other areas, but as i said, family is a consideration also.
    I will look at the other areas as well anyway.

Many places nowadays are loosing their original identity. Here is a tip for you. Try to help the new identity be something you might like because it is coming anyway.

My home site is http://www.sextonplace.com and i have a 4 year old boy now. The main picture has a date on it.

Ron

Silver
    1999 Camaro SS

p.s. I am a Microsoft SQL Server Prodution DBA. Some of the other areas may be more Oracle. I don't have anything against Oracle or DB2 or Sybase for that matter. Just that my main experience since my mainframe assembler days is Microsoft SQL Server 4.21a to 2005.

gray
    07 duramax

or Austin/San Antonio for a much much better quality of life and a better job market for SQL dudes.

no! austin is shitty too. dont come here no matter what.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    no! austin is shitty too. dont come here no matter what.
    Not Dripping Springs! I own 250 acres just west of DS on 290 towards Johnson City. Havent done anything with it yet. Austin is 30 minutes.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Hmmmm that is interesting. Why do you say the IT market is saturated? Is doesn't look that way from the job sites. Thanks for the tip on the other areas, but as i said, family is a consideration also.
    I will look at the other areas as well anyway.

Many places nowadays are loosing their original identity. Here is a tip for you. Try to help the new identity be something you might like because it is coming anyway.

My home site is http://www.sextonplace.com and i have a 4 year old boy now. The main picture has a date on it.

Ron
    Huh? Try to help the new identity? OK. I'll drive around honking my horn flipping folks off and throwing trash out my window. I'll mug you as you come out of the store and steal your car. I'll send my grandkids to the DFW area schools so they can graduate and still not know how to read. There I helped DFW's "new" identity.
    Here...Austin and San Antonio are in the top ten safest cities....look at the top ten most dangerous cities. http://www.morganquitno.com/cit07pop.htm#CITIES
    scroll down to cities over 500,000......... buy a gun.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Not Dripping Springs! I own 250 acres just west of DS on 290 towards Johnson City. Havent done anything with it yet. Austin is 30 minutes.
    Wanna sell a few acres? 250 is a LOT. We may take over 30 acres (relatives own it) a little west of here someday, but I don't like this flat coastal plain shit. I want to move an hour or so west at least.

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 91Z28 View Post
    Wanna sell a few acres? 250 is a LOT. We may take over 30 acres (relatives own it) a little west of here someday, but I don't like this flat coastal plain shit. I want to move an hour or so west at least.

kiss ass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information