"A small town called none of your god damn

Silver
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Thank You for your service.

thank you fellow armed forces members.
    Please try to thank any service member who serve during any war. Specially members of hated wars. They didn't recieve the warm welcome we do now at airports, so at least give them a thank u

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Happy Veterans Day

Always support our Veterans!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Happy Veterans Day

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
    --John Stewart Mill--

Nuclear Cat Will End All LS1Powerhouse's Avatar
    Edwardsville, IL (So. IL Univ. of Edwardsville)

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

Thank You Veterans

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

ttt

Thank you !!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Thank you for my freedom to raise my family as I see fit, and for everyone to have their own opinion and have the freedom to express it.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

thank you past and present service members. walk tall today...we're all proud of you. present...arms!

LPM
    2000 Camaro SS

Thumbs up

Received in e-mail today from Scott Settlemire:

Good afternoon, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends..........

This is not a 'Camaro' or "Firebird" post per se -- but today is a very special day -- and I wanted to share this with you.

My apologies if you do not agree................

It hasn’t been a pleasant time here in Detroit. All one has to do is open a newspaper or turn the TV or radio to a news station……

The economy is in turmoil…..and while the elections are over, we have a long way to ‘heal.’ (…..this is the most polarizing election I can ever remember…)

Long hours.
    Short Tempers.
    Everyone thinks they have a solution.
    Not a lot of patience.

– It’s gonna be a long, cold, dark winter in the Motor City.

So there I was on Sunday – I’d gotten home from yet another long business trip….the flight was endlessly delayed …. Security at the gate emptied my briefcase and asked me 10 thousand questions.
    (well……..ok, 9,965 questions…)
    – The shuttle was late – traffic was tied up…….and I finally made it to ‘home, sweet home.’

…………..and I sat down in the sunroom and happened to turn on the Television to PBS…

……… and there was Ken Burns’ epic “The War”……….

……..and I watched….

…….and I wept…….

……………and I remembered the terrible price that people such as my Father and my uncles and my Grandfathers and millions of others paid………

………so I could complain about my inconvenience………..and I could sit in my warm home……in a free country ……with so many many blessings………….and I felt so ashamed for even thinking that what I’d been thru that day was ‘an inconvenience……’

We must – especially in these times – stop to remember that TODAY …is a very special day:

“…………in the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.”

It’s crucial that we NEVER FORGET what people have given up – and continue to give up -- for us to live with the freedoms we enjoy.

I don’t mean to minimize the pain that many are going thru as we watch our economy stumble – and people lose their jobs – and their homes – and their hopes.

But many of us – me included – need to remind ourselves of just how fortunate we are to live in these United States.

Is our Nation perfect?

No. There isn’t on this earth any ‘perfect’ place……

..but when we look back at how our Grandparents – and THEIR parents – and THEIR parents – and THEIR parents have lived – and what they experienced, we must realize – and never forget -- that we have the best standard of living the world has ever known.

Don’t believe me? Walk into any Supermarket or Drug Store – and tell me we don’t have unbelievable bounty.

Still don’t believe me? Go ask someone in their 80s or 90s what it was like to live thru the Depression or World War II…….and know that even then, their lives were easier than life 300 years ago………..

In the later years of my Grandmother’s life, she spoke of how difficult life could sometimes be in the early part of the 20th century….and yet she knew that she had a better life – and an easier life –even being a young widow from World War I – than her mother or her grandmother. She was thankful for everything. She knew serenity. And she was a happy soul.

How did we get this bounty?

……..by men and women giving of their lives so that we could enjoy freedom – and have the standard of living that we enjoy.

Our latest election shows that there is hope that any citizen, no matter what race or creed, can become one of the leaders of the free world. And yet that very fact is lost on so many ………

And so today, being “Veterans Day”—

--also known at one time as “Armistice Day” (…..it was in the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month…)”

….it is so important that we stop to remember – and say a prayer for those who gave their lives - and those who gave of their lives……..

….and to say a prayer that those who are currently serving -- that they may return to us safely.

Please – pick up the phone and call – or send a note – to a Veteran you know.

Tell them ‘Thank you” for all they’ve done. (We can never thank them enough..)

Let them know that America cares.

When you see one of our men or women serving in the Armed Services, stop and thank them.

Freedom is not free.

We must never forget………..

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

God bless all of the men and women who have been brave enough to serve our country.. -Jason

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

Thank all veterans and their families for their sacrifices god bless america

Thread Information