Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Impounded

tally how many f-body accidents by people in here

not to be negative here, but how many times do i hear about people getting their f-bodies totalled or messed up. i dont think it has to do with the car itself because a lot of it isn't the driver's fault like the post above about the deer. but it's just amazing how many accidents happy in these cars. i just thought i start a thread about it because it's something i notice and dont understand wtf is up with it.

i myself had some bad luck less than a month after i bought it new someone backed up into my door. not a serious accident but being so new it sucked.
    Last edited by SLIM_DURST; 01-31-2006 at 08:48 AM.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

None in my Camaro, in my beater Ranger though...

mine hydroplaned one day on the way to work. i wasnt even on the gas at all and all of a sudden i was spinning towards oncoming traffic. luckily it spun back the other way and i ended up in a ditch with about 3 ft of water and cushioned the impact. No body damage at all but as i was sitting there realizing what had just happened, about 6 inches of water filled the floorboard and i ended up having to climb out of the window. to make it worse i got a damn ticket for "too fast for conditions" even though i was only going 50 in a 60 zone

Black
    00 SS Vert#0540/ 14 GMC

totalled my 98 Z in 01

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I got hit in the rear once in my 90 firebird that was in 91. It was just a little bump and it buffed out. I did sell a 74 T/
    A to a friend of mine and in a week he totaled it. Said he slid off the road and ran into a tree backwards about 70 .Just goes to show the power those old school T/As had .

Black
    97 z28

I was driving down the road, and a truck pulled out in front of me, and I swerved into a yard and hit a stop sign in my 97 Z, not a big deal, just replaced the front clip.

red/black
    98 T/A

i hit a deer at about 45 mph, at about 5 grand with headers, no cats and an open borla, stupid deer!

1BadWS613
    Other than the accedent this weekend, I have had pretty good luck though I did have some guy back into me this summer with his tailgate down and had to replace the spoiler, bumper cover and the passenger side tail light. And In my 90 RS I was following a semi and one of its tires blew out and ripped off my front ground FX. Oh and someone scraped my rear quarter in my WS6 this fall too. Come to think of it maybe I havent had that great of luck after all. CRAP THIS SUCKS!!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

the t/a was my daily driver until this: drove from cincinnati to pittsburgh for thanksgiving. that was the longest 7.5 hours EVER [normally takes me 4.25 or so] anyway, as i'm winding through the mountains in washington pa my rear lost traction over black ice and i bouned the driver's rear quarter off a gaurd rail. it's actually getting fixed this weekend. No other cars involved, i continued driving for another 40 miles to home and inspected

Black
    99 SS

never wrecked any car, or ever been hit, but im sure my day will come

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

this dumb bitch taking a left on green without the arrow almost caused my car to be totalled, i was coming towards them and this one guy did a left on green about 50 feet ahead of me then this stupid bitch follows him and doesnt even*look my way, luckly she saw me after she started turning and she stopped, i was cruzin the speed limit with one hand on the wheel and avioded her by <1foot the speedyness of my reactions supprised the hell outa me

i was able to see her face as we got near, she looked scared as shit as i did as well probably.

very close call though, at least it wasnt my fault
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

mostly its all the other people that can't drive, and you gotta realize that there are really dumb people out there that dont look before they turn, but as they turn.

i always anticipate every move of every driver around*me, i see someone with their blinker on, it doesnt mean shit unless they are getting in the appropriate lane etc... i'm always expecting rapid lane changes / people cutting me off at busy intersections with many lanes

all this stupid shit that we have to look out for to protect our coveted LS1's, its deff. worth it

NBM
    '99 Z28

I got rear ended sitting at a red light in my v6 camaro. The dumbass said the light was green and I just randomly stopped. Meanwhile I was stopped for about 10 sec before he hit me. The lady behind him said the light was red and it was his fault. I hit a deer in my Z all I got on it was a lil deer shit, some hair and stalled it. I was lucky.

I agree we gotta watch the idiots around us almost got the side of my z taken off today by some lady in a saturn who wanted to be in my lane. No blinker or nothin just came over runnin me off the rd and making me salm the brakes. Then she has the nerve to flip me off and brake check me.
    Last edited by Z28Camaro010; 02-01-2006 at 01:05 PM.

badass67
    Knock on wood (head)

NONE!

Ugly but well hung, A-10 SS#1531's Avatar
    1998 Camaro SS M6 Hardtop

81 Z28, totalled. Turned left under a green arrow and a guy in an S-10 ran the red light and hit me.

94 Z28, never wrecked.

98 SS, put in ditch, not totalled. Took car to the dealer to get the fuel pump replaced. Service Tech took my car for a ride (joy ride) after replacing the pump. He lost control of the car. He spun the tires in second gear and slid into the ditch. He brushed a fence with the back of the car and the shrubs in the ditch scratched up the paint all over. No structural damage, just cosmetic. The whole car had to get re-painted. This happened a month after I bought the car (used).

Last year I was at a yield sign and the guy in front of me took off. I looked into incoming traffic, saw that it was clear and took off-right into the guy who had, for some reason decided to stop at the very end of the ramp. I was still accelerating when I hit him. Bonehead. My fault too.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SS#1531

98 SS, put in ditch, not totalled. Took car to the dealer to get the fuel pump replaced. Service Tech took my car for a ride (joy ride) after replacing the pump. He lost control of the car. He spun the tires in second gear and slid into the ditch. He brushed a fence with the back of the car and the shrubs in the ditch scratched up the paint all over. No structural damage, just cosmetic. The whole car had to get re-painted. This happened a month after I bought the car (used).

i would go on a murder spree if that happened to me

Black
    97 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    i would go on a murder spree if that happened to me

My buddy's dad had a c4 vette when we were in high school, he took it to best buy to get a new cdplayer put in, they took it for a joyride and bombed his transmission

Black
    99 SS

did he sue there ass i hope?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

SS#1531....dude, i would kill them. Same with Best Buy. I'm glad that the shop Boner and I take our cars to is an LS1-only shop. No boneheads there, they know how wicked these cars can be and don't need to "test them" like some jag-off Dealership or worse yet, fucking BEST BUY?! seriously, what the hell does best buy need to drive a car for?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information