Thread: surgery

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

surgery

i get to go and get reconstruction surgery on my knee tomorrow tore my acl last year and just getting it done now. hope it goes well. hopefully get some good drugs to keep the pain away. get to sit in my bed do fuck all and play ps3 & read ls1. anyone else have this surgery?

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

haha Well good luck man! Hopefully wont be too painful. I had a huge tear in my laybrum in my shoulder. Popped it out 7 times, had surgery 3 months ago. I loved the drugs haha

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I just had the ACL surgery last August, it wasn't that bad. Sitting around watching tv, playing video games and that kind of stuff got old pretty quick when it was the only thing i could really do.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Sis tore acl+miniscus on my dirtbike, she couldn't do sheeeeet for a very long time

NBM
    99 TA

I just got done with my ortho rotation and plan on going into the field. They doing arthoscopically Im assuming? Good luck with the recovery and make sure to take the PT seriously...saw several patients who didn't want to rehab bc of pain and caused more issues due to contractures.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I've never had it done but you should be alright unless you're having it done in Manitoba.......oh shit........nevermind.

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

You going to Physical therapy? what procedure are they doing, hamstring graft, patellar tendon graft, or a cadaver tendon graft?

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I've never had it done but you should be alright unless you're having it done in Manitoba.......oh shit........nevermind.
    well at least it was free to have it done they did some kind of reconstruction surgery believe they they took it from behind the leg that tendon or w/e it is. i got a spinal and was awake for some of it but was scrathing my face to much so she put me to sleep lol i didn't care i wanted to sleep anyways so i was frozen from the waist down and couldn't fell my di** for quite a few hours. the real pain came in the morning but i can tolerate it pretty good got pain medication t3 and some other stuff. and for icing it i got a cooler that pumps ice water around the knee it keeps it consistently cold which helps a lot and is very nice. so i'll sit in my bed reading on ls1 and playing the ps3 should be fun not making money though but i should have a trans am hopefully in 2 months or 3 months i am hoping than i will be happy

'05 Harley - 21k m
    '98 Z28 black - 69k mi

I manufacture orthopedic implants for a living.
    Knee replacement parts, shoulders, hips, ankles, spine etc etc etc

I hope it goes well.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

I had my ACL done almost nine years ago... Cadaver graft. Recovery was far worse than expected for me but I was in my 40s at the time... A slip and fall three weeks after the surgery in an airport didn't help either...

Painkillers are your friend and hopefully you did everything you could to strengthen your leg before the procedure because it will be very week afterward.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by brendan.9 View Post
    well at least it was free to have it done they did some kind of reconstruction surgery believe they they took it from behind the leg that tendon or w/e it is. i got a spinal and was awake for some of it but was scrathing my face to much so she put me to sleep lol i didn't care i wanted to sleep anyways so i was frozen from the waist down and couldn't fell my di** for quite a few hours. the real pain came in the morning but i can tolerate it pretty good got pain medication t3 and some other stuff. and for icing it i got a cooler that pumps ice water around the knee it keeps it consistently cold which helps a lot and is very nice. so i'll sit in my bed reading on ls1 and playing the ps3 should be fun not making money though but i should have a trans am hopefully in 2 months or 3 months i am hoping than i will be happy
    Don't be a dumbass, increased taxes pay for the "free" healthcare. Good luck with your recovery

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

No surgery but I broke my knee cap a few years ago. Just sat in bed for 2-3 months working on my post counts on various boards.

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

Quote Originally Posted by brendan.9 View Post
    if they took the tendon from behind the leg then its a hamstring graft. That ACL reconstruction surgery doesn't take as long to heel, still have to be mindful 4-6 weeks out because the graft is at its weakest. Also watch for infection, ya don't want to go in for surgery again. hope everything goes well.

Thread Information