Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Impounded
    gmcheviac

Stupid mechanical moments

I was just cranking my truck with my new distributor in just to check if I had oil pressure. I also have the spark plugs out because the cylinders had fuel and water in them (bad intake gaskets+carb removal). The liquid I heard was from my open fuel line filling up my new distributer... Post up some of yours

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

i've dumped oil in without putting the drain plug in once or twice

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Nice. I can smell all the shit that seeped past the rings in my fresh oil on the dipstick badly (fuel, carb cleaner, mineral spirits)<-carb removal and mounting surface cleaning. And I could give a fuck really. It'll be a relief that it'll sit till february for a new motor if it pops or severely leaks. I'll just pull the motor and part it, then wait... I'm pretty sure it's the original truck motor so high nickel 4 bolt block and factory forged crank should bring a little money.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I changed a coil pack on my grand am and I was trying to start it after and it wouldn't start. I was kind of a noob and after a few starts, i fried the starter

black
    2002 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    did that one felt like a moron

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    did that once too.... just claim you were "flushing" the motor, lmao

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Back in the day (80's) I had a 68 Nova that I raced. After losing a race on Saturday night I decided to go with a bigger stall. Roll it into the garage that night, put it up on jackstands and proceed to remove the tranny. Get the converter on the tranny and start putting the tranny back in the car. Got it mostly in but was tired and fell asleep under the car. (Note: garage door faces east) I wake up with the sun shining in my eyes. Jerk my head up and hit the cross member with my forehead. Jerked it back down and whacked the back of my head on the concrete. I saw tweety birds and stars for a bit after that.

2011 Prius

Lol, at the person above.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by chuck4345 View Post
    did that one felt like a moron
    Engrish?
    And no. Shit happens.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

He forgot the c I believe, wasn't calling you a moron

Orange, red, white
    1967,68,97,2000 Camaros

I was building my '68 and my buddy and I had just finished setting the motor/trans and filling fluids, connecting everything. Front clip and doors were still off the car. I wanted to hear it run so hopped in and after it bumped over a few times it fired to life. Open headers and big-block chevy. My buddy tells me to back it out of the garage so I pull the shifter into reverse as the foot on the brake is steadily dropping to the floorboard and the car lurched back. I slapped it back into drive as I was about to hit his impala and the car jumped back forward. I was going back into the garage when I found neutral and the two of us were flintstone braking as it was rolling toward the '69. Oh, and by the way, the seats weren't in it yet, it was the good old milk crate. He was laughin' his ass off but I know he was shittin' bricks when it jumped towards his car.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

was doing oil change and business on our powerstroke, took of fuel filter and came back up and got sidetracked before putting the new one on.... then i went to start it.... wow what a mess...

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

I halfway removed the steering rack from my former 01 SS so I could get to the lower control arm hardware before I realized all I had to do was turn the steering wheel the other direction...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

installing a Strange Dana S60 in my camaro and I set the pinion angle in the oposite direction. drove the car, felt it vibrate bad, laughed and said dumbass, pulled back into the garage and fixed it.

besides that, just sometimes forgetting which way to turn a bolt/nut to un-fasten

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    was doing oil change and business on our powerstroke, took of fuel filter and came back up and got sidetracked before putting the new one on.... then i went to start it.... wow what a mess...
    Wow, that's a stout pump too. How far did it spread?

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

I have several that aren't mine
    1. Car has no engine no trans and is getting winched onto the flat bed. Our tow truck driver is in the car "steering" it onto the bed. He steps on the brakes and of course nothing happens. Smashes out the back window in the cab and buckles the back panel. After all is said and done he says to the boss "But I put the parking brake on"
    2. Same guy is towing a car from our other shop back to this shop. Car is all finished ready for the customer to pick up. He has just finished washing the car in and out. We also clean the engine compartments. He forgets to relatch the hood. Car gets to this shop he drove about 8 miles with the car on the bed. When it got her the hood had flipped back onto the car. Broke the windsheild, bent the hinges and hood, bent both fenders in, dented the roof, and ripped out the grille.
    He still works here
    My one really smart moment. I had just bought my formula. Was trying to figure out why it wouldn't run. So I am poking around find the distributor is just sitting inside the hood, put that back, notice the fan isn't connected cause of melted wires, cut them back and hardwire the fan, notice a few other things hanging loose. Get everything all nice and neat again and figure the car should fire up now. Crank it over and still won't start. I'm sitting there scratching my head in the driveway. Dad comes out and says does the car have any gas in it? I hop back in and say "yeah guage says it has half a tank" well...... $40 in regular gas later and the car was running

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

after a brake pad change i forgot to pump my brakes... went down the street and almost didn't stop for a red light...

getting finished an oil change i realised that i forgot to put the pan plug back in... oil every where...

taking out my alternator i didn't disconect my battery (not a good idea to rush when you're working on your car) and got shocked pretty good...

White
    1999 Transam WS6

/waits for iroc with his thirdgen

black
    2002 trans am ws6

[QUOTE=tep98ws6;2195372]Engrish?
    And no. Shit happens.[/QUOTE
    i didnt read what i typed I meant to say I did that and I felt like a moron

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

oh... i also spilled my beer while working on my brothers impala... it started dripping on him while he was under the car and went to jump up and bashed his head on the trans...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information