Red
    2000 Camaro SS

student discounts

so i have decided, along with some of my friends, that performance car part places should give out college student discounts. I'm tired of not being able to do anything to my car cause I'm poor. hey if any sponsor see this, thats my great marketing strategy idea, given to you for free. lol. anyone agree with me?

Black
    '99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 00camaro16 View Post
    so i have decided, along with some of my friends, that performance car part places should give out college student discounts. I'm tired of not being able to do anything to my car cause I'm poor. hey if any sponsor see this, thats my great marketing strategy idea, given to you for free. lol. anyone agree with me?
    1. stay in school
    2. don't get a degree that ends in -ology (excludes biology)
    3. ???
    4. profit
    5. buy go-fast parts
    Last edited by Tonik; 03-30-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

1) lol yup will do, only 2 more years left, well then on the my masters
    2) Getting my degree in International Business
    3) Have fun while here (thought i would throw that one in, it is college)
    4) sure as h*ll hope i make a profit lol
    5) wish i could get them now.

lol
    Chris

2000 Camaro SS - ported BBK throttle body, ls6 intake, granatelli MAF, yank 3,500 stall torque converter, Texas Speed Torquer 3 cam, hedmann headers and y-pipe, slp intake lid, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, gasket matched heads, dyno tuned, built trans, UMI 3-point SFC. 11.58sec

Black
    '99 SS

1) lol yup will do, only 2 more years left, well then on the my masters
    2) Getting my degree in International Business
    3) Have fun while here (thought i would throw that one in, it is college)
    4) sure as h*ll hope i make a profit lol
    5) wish i could get them now.

lol
    I've had to make sacrifices for the sake of paying tuition... like (among other things) taking my 18's off and putting stockers back on. I can't afford 260+ for a single tire anymore. (295/35/18)

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    I've had to make sacrifices for the sake of paying tuition... like (among other things) taking my 18's off and putting stockers back on. I can't afford 260+ for a single tire anymore. (295/35/18)

im with ya, i had to buy walmart tires for mine. same size as yours actually.
    Last edited by 00camaro16; 03-30-2010 at 09:23 PM.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

1. Apply for federal student loans for a couple grand greater than you need for tuition
    2. Spend the couple grand indiscriminately on alcohol, contraceptives, and other needless wants
    3. Repeat for each next consecutive year of school, while basking in the glee of the fact that the larger portion of the interest rate of the first loan doesn't kick in for at least another four years or so, thanks to the federal subsidy.

Financial responSIBILITY FOR THE WIN FUCK YEAH LETS GET DRUNK

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    1. Apply for federal student loans for a couple grand greater than you need for tuition
    2. Spend the couple grand indiscriminately on alcohol, contraceptives, and other needless wants
    3. Repeat for each next consecutive year of school, while basking in the glee of the fact that the larger portion of the interest rate of the first loan doesn't kick in for at least another four years or so, thanks to the federal subsidy.

I thought of this when I was in my senior year

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    I thought of this when I was in my senior year
    My ex-girlfriends roommate/best-friend has a scholarship (a fucking miracle in its own right), but last year proceeded to take out a federal loan for the max amount, purely to spend on $500 purses and expensive clothes and slut tools and other bullshit.

I asked her if she knew that doing that was a federal felony, and she gave me a lolwut expression and said something along the lines of "lulz whatev, I'm cute tee hee, like my new purse? its Coach!"

On a separate occasion at the time, I further inquired to my ex about it, and she said that the roommate/bestfriend barely got the loan, because she nearly missed the deadline because she didn't know she needed to take the online loan fundamentals class + quiz, didn't know she needed to sign the promissory note, and didn't seem to realize that the money would eventually have to be paid back.

My reaction to that was bertstare.jpg, , Seinfeldshadenough.gif

It scares me to think of this girl entering the 'real' world. Although, after experiencing this sort of behavior first-hand (A level of stupidity I didn't even think was possible), it actually made me much less surprised at the current debt problems many Americans face.

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

+infinity, I hate having to wait an entire semester just to barely save up for one go fast part which I don't even end up buying cuz I end up having to pay for some stupid maintenance/repair cost instead. It's like an infinite circle of fail

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post

And this is your plan to get your car running?

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    +infinity, I hate having to wait an entire semester just to barely save up for one go fast part which I don't even end up buying cuz I end up having to pay for some stupid maintenance/repair cost instead. It's like an infinite circle of fail

+double infinity. I have been stuck in that same cycle since I got my first car in high school. Try to save up for a cat-back exhaust? Sorry. Instead, replace engine due to oil leak and bent rod. Try again to save up for cat back exhaust? Nope, . Instead, replace entire front suspension due to CV joints rusting apart. Try to save up for new engine. One more time, . Instead, buy 4 new tires and replace brake pads.

My wallet --><-- My dd car's maintenance problems

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

no... that would raise the cost for non students...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post

Why get my car running when I can just buy a new car with the loan money!! yyyyeeeeaaaahhhh!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    no... that would raise the cost for non students...
    This.

Because I sure as shit hope I'm a non-student for a fuck-ton longer amount of time than I am a student.

Inb4 some joker comes in and says some philosophical bs like "but iroc we're all continuous students of life hurr durrr"

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by KnightmareWS6 View Post

+double infinity. I have been stuck in that same cycle since I got my first car in high school. Try to save up for a cat-back exhaust? Sorry. Instead, replace engine due to oil leak and bent rod. Try again to save up for cat back exhaust? Nope, . Instead, replace entire front suspension due to CV joints rusting apart. Try to save up for new engine. One more time, . Instead, buy 4 new tires and replace brake pads.

My wallet --><-- My dd car's maintenance problems
    ^this has happened to me so many times (tranny mount,suspension,tires,brakes,sensors....etc) a few weeks ago though I thought I had finally broken the cycle when I got enough $$$ to buy the gears I'd been looking at for a year. get the parts, drop car off at shop, come back to pick it up only to be told I'd been sold the wrong gears and the retailer has a no return policywhen will the torment end???

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

ok, so expanding on my big market plan here. this is why i believe companies should give college student discounts. who is going to be buying their products in the future, yea thats us. now is the time that you can get loyal customers. its a fact that companies don't make most of their profits from random customers, its from the loyal ones that come back time after time. this is when companies can pulls us in and as long as they have good service can keep us for the long hall. if a company plans to last they have to being marketing to the younger generation while keeping the older generation customers. lol any ways that my way of trying to convince people. im pretty sure i would go to a company just cause they offered me a discount for being in college. lol, yup...

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

ok, so expanding on my big market plan here. this is why i believe companies should give college student discounts. who is going to be buying their products in the future, yea thats us. now is the time that you can get loyal customers. its a fact that companies don't make most of their profits from random customers, its from the loyal ones that come back time after time. this is when companies can pulls us in and as long as they have good service can keep us for the long hall. if a company plans to last they have to being marketing to the younger generation while keeping the older generation customers. lol any ways that my way of trying to convince people. im pretty sure i would go to a company just cause they offered me a discount for being in college. lol, yup...
    well stated, plus going back to the subject up performance parts think about who the main chunk of customers are for these types of things...that's right the younger generation. A majority of which are in college. IMO I think it would be a great marketing strategy and could def. do alot of good for such a company. hell I know I'd go to them lol

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post

Can't borrow that much money from the fed...

Thread Information