View Poll Results: Are Steroids cheating?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Steroids is cheating to obtain your goals.

12 57.14%
  • No, Steroids is just like building muscle the natural way.

9 42.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red
    2001 ws6

Steroid Use Continued

So lets continue this argument.

Poll is flawed. Lousy second choice. Who would choose it?

By the way...

Signaling for help from others is a declaration of a failed victory without reinforcements.

Shall we discuss war strategy tactics as well?

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

i did,steroids is cheating, but its works, NOT so much the natural way

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Alright dumbass, I was staying out of this, but since you fail so horribly at debating, I've got to get involved.

Whether or not you are using steroids to accomplish your OWN goals or compete with other people is the question at hand. Believe it or not, you can't actually cheat yourself. You know what you are getting in to, you have your own reasons, and you have your own goals you are attempting to accomplish.

On the other hand, if you are using them in a competitive nature, then, since they DO give an advantage, they are cheating. The only reason they are cheating is since they are banned, and many people will abide by the rules simply because they are there. Steroids in and of themselves are not bad, or evil, or cheating, or whatever other propaganda you've been bought up to believe. They are as much "cheating" as are other suppliments such as creatine, and protein, and anything else that doesn't come from food. Why? Because thats not building your muscles naturally. You are helping your body along using a substance. Where do you draw the line? Ah, I forgot, you already have, with your eyes closed waving a stick in the air muttering about evil cheaters and witches and such, all the way around steroids. Why don't we just take this all the way to salem while we are at it?

Oh, and I voted option 2 simply to spite your narrow minded views. K tnx.

Here Here.

It still takes a lot of work to use that shit right. I mean, it does have some risks. Enough for me to stay away! However, if you take the necessary precautions and are prepared for it (whatever that means to YOU), then go right ahead. Know that youre still gonna have to work out, eat, and adjust certain workout parameters.

For instance, those muscle heads you read about in Muscle & Fitness that have these high volume/high frequency workouts work...for THEM. Roids enables you to recover faster so your frequency can be increased. Not to mention, you can do more (duh), so volume must increase as well. A natural bodybuilder (the rest of us) will certainly overtrain doing THEIR workouts. Our bodies cannot recover fast enough to elicit expected results just cuz Jay Cutler said to do arms twice a week.

What does all that mean? It simply means you arent exactly taking the 'easy' way out. There is still some commitment, if not more, cuz if if you lose balance in your cautious choices, there is a higher fall at hand.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

People that dont even lift often judge a bodybuilders lifestyle cause they minimize the work they do into it just being attributed to steroid use. I got news for ya guys, if you think the only difference between you and greats like Rich Gaspari, Jay Cutler, and Ronnie Coleman is roids, you got your head so far up your ass you can't see the light of day. I dare you to take on even just one session of their workouts, on roids or off it. THe way this poll is worded, it totally suggests that you just take steroids and do nothing else.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    People that dont even lift often judge a bodybuilders lifestyle cause they minimize the work they do into it just being attributed to steroid use. I got news for ya guys, if you think the only difference between you and greats like Rich Gaspari, Jay Cutler, and Ronnie Coleman is roids, you got your head so far up your ass you can't see the light of day. I dare you to take on even just one session of their workouts, on roids or off it. THe way this poll is worded, it totally suggests that you just take steroids and do nothing else.
    Is it possible to do that...gain muscle without lifting? Kinda like bulls...they're all muscle and don't do shit. Maybe injecting bull testosterone or the bulls growth hormone?

Hmph. Thats like buying a ZO6 just to drive it like a Suzuki Swift.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Im just sick of people arguing a topic they dont know anything about.

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

oh no not this crap again.. Hey OP sill waiting on your proof that the body can only use so much protein at one time. Oh thats right i gave you links to debunk that bs but you just blew it off cause YOU HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS. And now you want to talk about roids bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

As far as cheating that all depends on what your doing. If a sport deems it illegal to be using them and and you use them anyway thats cheating. The whole reason its cheating if for the fact that they allow your body to build more muscle which in turn will make you stronger and faster than thoes who do not take them. So in turn that would push the issue that everyone would have to take them in order to just keep up with the competion.

Ill help you out and since this is a car forum i will put it in a way that you can even understand it ha

Look at racing, just about any kind of racing from stock car,drag,bike etc. They all have rules of some kind reguarding what you can and can not do to the motor (parts you can have and the ones you cant) If your in a drag racing event and the rules state no power adder (ex nos) and the guy next to you has a hidden system thats cheating. If the rules state anything goes well would you still call it cheating since you dont run nitrous?

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

O here we go again.

AKIRA has some good advice and seems very knowledgeable...

It also sounds like he is smart enough not to use them.

I may not be an expert on the topic, i may not know as much as others, but i can say i have NEVER seen anyone sucessfully take them without side effects.

It's your body, go nuts.

That's all i'll add to this thread.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

I've never used steroids, and probably never will.

Having said that, using steroids is NOT "cheating".

First, steroids affect different people in different ways. Just like anything else in bodybuilding, it all comes down to genetics.

Second, those who use steroids still have to work their asses off and follow near-flawless diets including adequate rest to get results.

Steroid use may allow one to gain condition they otherwise couldn't achieve, but it isn't "cheating". You still have to do a lot of hard work, and the gains don't always stay.

Saying steroid use is "cheating" is akin to saying eating protein is "cheating" compared to not doing so, or sleeping ten hours a night is "cheating" compared to only six hours, or taking creatine or supplements is "cheating" compared to an all-natural diet.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i just started lifting... i won't take roids cause i already got a bad temper as it is... last thing i need is to make it worse...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    Alright dumbass, I was staying out of this, but since you fail so horribly at debating, I've got to get involved.

Whether or not you are using steroids to accomplish your OWN goals or compete with other people is the question at hand. Believe it or not, you can't actually cheat yourself. You know what you are getting in to, you have your own reasons, and you have your own goals you are attempting to accomplish.

On the other hand, if you are using them in a competitive nature, then, since they DO give an advantage, they are cheating. The only reason they are cheating is since they are banned, and many people will abide by the rules simply because they are there. Steroids in and of themselves are not bad, or evil, or cheating, or whatever other propaganda you've been bought up to believe. They are as much "cheating" as are other suppliments such as creatine, and protein, and anything else that doesn't come from food. Why? Because thats not building your muscles naturally. You are helping your body along using a substance. Where do you draw the line? Ah, I forgot, you already have, with your eyes closed waving a stick in the air muttering about evil cheaters and witches and such, all the way around steroids. Why don't we just take this all the way to salem while we are at it?

This,
    Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Here Here.

It still takes a lot of work to use that shit right. I mean, it does have some risks. Enough for me to stay away! However, if you take the necessary precautions and are prepared for it (whatever that means to YOU), then go right ahead. Know that youre still gonna have to work out, eat, and adjust certain workout parameters.

For instance, those muscle heads you read about in Muscle & Fitness that have these high volume/high frequency workouts work...for THEM. Roids enables you to recover faster so your frequency can be increased. Not to mention, you can do more (duh), so volume must increase as well. A natural bodybuilder (the rest of us) will certainly overtrain doing THEIR workouts. Our bodies cannot recover fast enough to elicit expected results just cuz Jay Cutler said to do arms twice a week.

What does all that mean? It simply means you arent exactly taking the 'easy' way out. There is still some commitment, if not more, cuz if if you lose balance in your cautious choices, there is a higher fall at hand.
    and this,
    Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    and this,
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1WS6 View Post
    oh no not this crap again.. Hey OP sill waiting on your proof that the body can only use so much protein at one time. Oh thats right i gave you links to debunk that bs but you just blew it off cause YOU HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS. And now you want to talk about roids bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

As far as cheating that all depends on what your doing. If a sport deems it illegal to be using them and and you use them anyway thats cheating. The whole reason its cheating if for the fact that they allow your body to build more muscle which in turn will make you stronger and faster than thoes who do not take them. So in turn that would push the issue that everyone would have to take them in order to just keep up with the competion.

Ill help you out and since this is a car forum i will put it in a way that you can even understand it ha

Look at racing, just about any kind of racing from stock car,drag,bike etc. They all have rules of some kind reguarding what you can and can not do to the motor (parts you can have and the ones you cant) If your in a drag racing event and the rules state no power adder (ex nos) and the guy next to you has a hidden system thats cheating. If the rules state anything goes well would you still call it cheating since you dont run nitrous?
    and this,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    I've never used steroids, and probably never will.

Having said that, using steroids is NOT "cheating".

First, steroids affect different people in different ways. Just like anything else in bodybuilding, it all comes down to genetics.

Second, those who use steroids still have to work their asses off and follow near-flawless diets including adequate rest to get results.

Steroid use may allow one to gain condition they otherwise couldn't achieve, but it isn't "cheating". You still have to do a lot of hard work, and the gains don't always stay.

Saying steroid use is "cheating" is akin to saying eating protein is "cheating" compared to not doing so, or sleeping ten hours a night is "cheating" compared to only six hours, or taking creatine or supplements is "cheating" compared to an all-natural diet.
    and this.

These people know what they're talking about.

Without context this poll is pointless. How far do you want to take it? My cat was on steroids to battle his severe asthma. What exactly was he "cheating" at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i just started lifting... i won't take roids cause i already got a bad temper as it is... last thing i need is to make it worse...
    There is no evidence that steroid use causes aggression. It's assumed that those who take steroids are aggressive because the type of person who exhibits that sort of behavior is generally more predisposed to try something like steroids.

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

There is no evidence that steroid use causes aggression. It's assumed that those who take steroids are aggressive because the type of person who exhibits that sort of behavior is generally more predisposed to try something like steroids.[/QUOTE]

Don't be so quick on that. Roids do increase your aggressiveness and for some people (spaz for exampe) wouldnt tolerate it too well since he is an already aggressive person. On the other hand its not like they say, your not just going to flip out for no reason and start beating everyone,kill your wife kind of thing. Thats the good old media pumping that myth bs out there. If your already aggressive roids will kick it up a notch, if your the adv joe you just might curse more when the wrench slips off the bolt your trying to tighten and you smash your nuckles. Oh and i have no idea how i know this

Red
    2001 ws6

So your saying roid rage is made up???? Testosterone increases doesnt make people want to slam other peoples heads around??? Just for saying roid rage isnt a proven thing, you are ignorant.

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post

Where is protein found???
    Answer: In almost everything you eat naturally.

Where is creatine found???
    Answer: In almost everything you eat naturally.

Where are steroids found???
    Answer: I dont think you can naturally eat a needle. Sorry.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Really, all of those subtypes of creatine are in pletiful supply in our foods? Well shit, they why don't you tell me what food I need to be eating instead of spending tons of $$$ on that shit.

And no fuckin shit protein is found in everything, but not anything like the amounts you think you can saturate the body with.

Alright smart guy, if thats the path you want to go down, I suppose your don't believe in taking any medications do you? You refuse antibiotics because they arent something you injest naturally so that would be cheating? Advil? You think its cheating to use drugs on your headaches and fevers? What about caffine? Well shit, thats like cheating at college since it lets you stay up longer then without it.

Dude, the ramifications of you relation are earth shattering! Quickly, we much start investigations to see who use caffine in college and revoke their degrees which were earned through unethical chemical supplimenting!

Wait a second, as sarcastic as that was meant to sound, that actually is an excellent anology. How is drinking coffee and soda to help you stay awake and: Do better in school, do better in the workplace, have more energy to do anything.... different then taking steriods to help you: have more energy to work out, and gain more muscle mass. (among other things, I know, I'm simplifing it)

I don't see much of a difference personally. Caffine lets us chemically boost our productivity in certain things, and steriods let us chemically boost our productivity in others. You still have to work your ass off even if you are using caffine to stay awake, just like you have to work your ass off to build muscles if you are using steriods.

Or are you just a pussy about needles or something?

And no, increased testosterone levels do not automaticly make you more agressive. They increase the chance that you will become more agressive. Thats like saying caffine will give you are heart attack because its raises your pulse. Hey, raising your pulse does make it more likely you will have a heart attack, medically proven fact right there omgz its a conspiracy
    Last edited by B34M3R; 09-20-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Red
    2001 ws6

Creatine can be found in alomst ANYTHING. That burger you eat. The steak you eat. The veggies you eat. The fish you eat. The bread you eat. I can go on for a long time buddy. And once again, you dont make any sense. Coffee?? I believe thats made from coffee beans, grown naturally. HAHAHAHA Owned. Once again. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information