Thread: Stereos

Blue

Stereos

So i have my 5 year old stereo system that i have hooked to my tv for great sound,i go and look today and all the new stereo systems dont have the red and white outlets for the aux video,whats up with that,i asked why they are made like that at best buy and the guy goes i dunno lol.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Most are going to HDMI inputs/outputs and digitial optical for hi-def and upscaling.

RCA style inputs and such are outdated tech.

I don't think you can buy a tube TV anymore.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by tornado View Post
    So i have my 5 year old stereo system that i have hooked to my tv for great sound,i go and look today and all the new stereo systems dont have the red and white outlets for the aux video,whats up with that,i asked why they are made like that at best buy and the guy goes i dunno lol.
    www.onkyousa.com

you can thank me later

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

either you were looking at some cheap pos recievers(wal mart kind) or the super low end recievers (theater in a box kind). Another reason you might not have seen them for the aux video is that some recievers put the aux(monitor) video connection near the center of the back of the reciever and then put the audio (red/white) in a different location. Makes it a real pita if you have all three wires together.. Go with a good yamaha,onkyo,denon,or pioneer and you should be good to go. Oh as for the sound quality you really should be looking to hook everything up with the optical connector or hdmi.

Blue

Quote Originally Posted by LS1WS6 View Post
    either you were looking at some cheap pos recievers(wal mart kind) or the super low end recievers (theater in a box kind). Another reason you might not have seen them for the aux video is that some recievers put the aux(monitor) video connection near the center of the back of the reciever and then put the audio (red/white) in a different location. Makes it a real pita if you have all three wires together.. Go with a good yamaha,onkyo,denon,or pioneer and you should be good to go. Oh as for the sound quality you really should be looking to hook everything up with the optical connector or hdmi.
    There was no red/white in the back anywhere,i went to walmart,bestbuy,circuit city. No luck

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

There was no red/white in the back anywhere,i went to walmart,bestbuy,circuit city. No luck
    ok wait when you say stereo system do you mean thoes shelf type boom boxes and not a reciever, hell my cheap ass surround sound for my bedroom (sony system paid 99 bucks brand new) has them.. I think you need to take some pics of said recievers..

Black
    2000 Pontiac Formula

Bullshit, all receivers still have Audio In/Outs on them. HDMI, is a new thing and it will start to take over the market, but not yet, then something else will be better. You're just looking at a cheap ass HTU(Home Theater Unit). They have basically no audio input, except for a Aux Input, and that's it.

Blue

The units im looking at has the main box and then 2 speakers not attched to the unit,its not a boom box where u can carry it around

Blue

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Does it have an input for a MP3 player?

Blue

yesssssssss

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Then you can get an adaptor that goes from the 3.5 mm jack to rca. Like this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1114639085343

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

yea that basically cheap ass stuff which is why your having a hard time finding one with the inputs. Now you can hook it up through the mp3 input with the rca>3.5mm cable and it would work. How much is that thing, you would be much better off (espically hooking up a tv to it) to get a HTIB--home theater in box- which will give you a few inputs and a hell of a better sound and can be had for the same price. The sony unit it got (i don't like sony but for the bedroom tv/xbox i didn't care too much) it had the reciever,all the surround sound speakers,sub woofer and all the hook ups and i got it for 99 bucks brand new. It has digital inputs (which you need for surround sound,an aux input and an mp3 input) Im must say im very impressed with the sound that comes out of this thing and the sub woffer is actually pretty good. Now the living room system i have blows away the bedroom system but i bought everything seperate, the reciever cost 400 bucks and comes with nothing.. Why waste your time on that shelf system??

Blue

Well i have a sharp system now,just like the pic,hell its 6 years old and they have the red/white adapters. The new 1's dont. I cant use that deal from best buy there is nothing in teh back to plug themn into.

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

so why dont you get a home theater in box then?

Thread Information