Thread: Sprint

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Sprint

So...I have had my current cell phone for about two years now. It's on it last leg and will only work when it wants. I go down to the Sprint store today and find out that I only have 6 day's left in my contract. I figure that since I only have 6 days left, I could upgrade to a new phone and sign a new contract. I was really interested in the Palm Pre and the wife wanted to updrade to the Blackberry Curve. Well...they basically told us to go pound sand and we would have to come back next week when our contract was up. I'm like seriously? This is how you treat customers that have been with you for 8 years? I mean....it's 6 freakin day's!

So now, I'm seriously considering leaving Sprint. This isn't the first time they screwed us. We were supposedly getting a $100 rebate with purchase of our last phones. When we never received it by mail, my wife called Sprint to check on it. They told us that the Sprint rep (in the store) must have lied to us and that rebates were not available with our phones. Of course they wouldn't do anything about it. Has anyone had this experience with Sprint? I did read this today:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...hame-2009.aspx

I guess it explains it all.

Sorry...just had to vent.
    Last edited by SINISTER-TA; 07-24-2009 at 06:52 PM.

White
    I've heard good things about Verizon. I probably will end up switching to them when the Storm2 comes out later this year.

YELLOW
    2005 GTO

Yea that happened to my buddy not too long ago he told them he was going to cancel his service and switch to verizon if they didnt give him the rebate for a new phone since he was eligible and the representative paniced i guess and called the manager. Well the manager told him he'd get his rebate and he did so he got a new phone. Hope that helps.

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Just found this website dedicated to Sprint horror stories. It's great:

http://www.sprint-really-sucks.com/Home.aspx

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Here's something I learned today...don't go to the company store. Go to a retailer (i.e. Best Buy).

Today, I bought my iphone and got off my parents' plan and onto my own. I first went to the AT&T store and the dude basically told me that to do this I'd either have to cancel the parents' plan and start over with a new #, or if I did separate myself from their plan it would extent the contract by 1yr (which meant 1yr that I couldn't upgrade to a new phone). I left pissed off.

Later that day I drove past Best Buy, and on a hunch I decided to walk in and talk to the cell phone people in there. Told the girl what I wanted to do. 20 minutes later I'm on my own plan, off my parents', and have a new iphone in my hand.

According to the girl, it's the companies' reps' jobs to keep money flowing in from plans and keep paperwork down...which meant talking me into staying the way I was. A stable income for the company. However, she's a Best Buy salesperson, not a cell phone company rep...it's her job to sell phones. She doesn't give a shit about giving someone at AT&T or whoever a headache as long as she can empty her shelves.

YELLOW
    2005 GTO

Sweet ^^ i didn't know that i'll be sure to keep that in mind since i'm about to do the same here very soon.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Go with Verizon. Been with them before they were Verizon 1988.

They have let me renew early.

Black
    '98 Z28

Verizon has some nice new phones out. I like the PDAs mostly. However, you have to get a $30 data plan with any new pda purchase, which sucks. You can get the Samsung I760 which is the last phone available from Verizon that doesn't require the data package. It has wifi capability, so accessing the internet is easy and free. I'm pretty sure this isn't isolated to Verizon only. After having a pda phone, I'll never go back to a regular one.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Verizon is overrated and overpriced in my opinion. I switched off sprint a year and a half ago...no issues with sprint at all, just thought the grass was greener on the other side ya know. Bottom line...you get more for your money with sprint. Sprint coverage in san diego has been excellent for me, so has verizon. So basically why pay more (with verizon).

Oh and the palm pre for sprint customers is a really trick phone. Only phone on the market that allows you to run more than one application at a time. Look for more follow up phones from palm using the pre basic design.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

FYI....If you buy a phone at Best Buy, the rebate is BUILT IN to the price! Meaning, if the phone is $299 with a $100 mail in rebate at Sprint, the SAME PHONE will be on sale at Best Buy for $199! It's the only place I buy new cell phones! I've been with Sprint for 9 years and I HATE their customer service! Anyway, hope this helps. Check with Best Buy. Alot of times you can upgrade there when you can't at the Sprint store. Alot of good and bad stories with the new Pre. Chck here:
    http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106
    Last edited by nitrox28; 07-24-2009 at 08:51 PM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

My first cell phone was in 1983. They all sucked then and they suck harder/longer now.
    Just smaller phones. Way smaller. But they all suck.

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    My first cell phone was in 1983. They all sucked then and they suck harder/longer now.
    Just smaller phones. Way smaller. But they all suck.
    For once Sarge...I'll have to agree with you.

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by nitrox28 View Post
    FYI....If you buy a phone at Best Buy, the rebate is BUILT IN to the price! Meaning, if the phone is $299 with a $100 mail in rebate at Sprint, the SAME PHONE will be on sale at Best Buy for $199! It's the only place I buy new cell phones! I've been with Sprint for 9 years and I HATE their customer service! Anyway, hope this helps. Check with Best Buy. Alot of times you can upgrade there when you can't at the Sprint store. Alot of good and bad stories with the new Pre. Chck here:
    I checked out Best Buy and you are absolutely correct. Thanks for the info!

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

The old motorola brick phones were great. Could throw it against the wall and nothing would happen to it.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by nitrox28 View Post
    exactly!!!

I have had sprint for 5 years now with no issues. Every year to 2 years I upgrade my phone, while still in my contract. All of my upgrades have been purchases through Best Buy, not sprint stores. sprints customer service sucks ass, but their network is great!!!

I bought the Palm Pre the day it came out, Best Buy cell phone customer service is great and helpfull where as every cell phone store tries to upsell you or talk you into a crappy phone.

the Palm Pre has been a great phone....

sprint customer rebates:
    -after one year = $75
    -after one 2 years = $150

sprint also has the fastest and most mature G3 network

my only complaints on the Palm Pre....
    -not many apps yet, just like the i-phone, any time a new OS comes out it takes 6 month to a year for more apps to be available. I-phone was short on apps for about a year. The Palm pre will run all of the classic palm apps and does have great new apps.

-micro usb cover (battery charging and data transfer) is a tight fit can be a pain pulling out.

These complaints dont even come close to hindering what the phone is about:
    -running multiple apps (awesome)
    -speed and performance (awesome)
    -unobtrusive notifications (awesome)
    -card menus (awesome.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I've got Nextel/Sprint and Verizon. My husband keeps his Nextel because most he works with use Nextel, so it's just a convenience for work thing. I ditched Nextel about 8 years ago and have been with Verizon ever since. I had similar issues with Nextel/Spint.

All carriers will make you wait the days out till your contract ends to upgrade at a discount though. It's when your contract ends that they will make offers to keep you

I personally like to buy phones from other stores or even ebay. I like being without a contract

white
    2000 Z28

the only thing i miss from sprint are the speeds. but i cant have a phone where i dont get service anywhere i go. my own house included. so the speed compromise was easily made going to verizon for the blackberry storm. but to samsungs credit my a920 lasted over 3 years before anything went wrong with it, and it took one hell of a beating.

Thread Information