98 Z28 M6

speeding ticket ?

Hey I got a speeding ticket today. It is my first one, I was doing 80 in a 65. I know it is dumb, I was late for class and got out of work late. I know the laws are different but should I bother taking it to court and fighting it/asking for a no points ticket or just pay it and say forget it? Any help or tips?

Also if there is a better section for this please move it. I wasn't sure where to post.

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

IMO, going to court and asking for a probationary period for zero points is a fine option, as long as you admit/know you were wrong. I'm not a big fan of people that do it just to skate the system though and think they did nothing wrong.

white/black
    2000 z28

I did that on my first ticket, just go in ask to speak to the prosecutor and see if it would be possible to get it reduced to off your record, usually includes a 6 month to year probation period in that county though. so you'd have to keep your nose clean for a while.
    --Justin

98 Formula
    06 duramax

it wouldn't hurt to try. The upside is they might reduce it and your insurance company won't rape you with a broom handle. The worst case is you'll have to pay the ticket and get raped by your insurance company which is where you're at right now.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

YES its worth it goin to court.......if u just mail it in guilty theyll give u whatever pointst he ticket is worth......almost ALWAYS gets reduced in court......taking a defensive driving classs or having the recept for one can also helpu a great deal in court.....some judges demand it before they will lower your sentence

always fight it! at the very least it will get reduced

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Go to the hearing and before the trial ask to speak to the Cop. Ask for a lesser fine! It worked for me a couple of times!

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

Quote Originally Posted by intheclouds1977 View Post
    IMO, going to court and asking for a probationary period for zero points is a fine option, as long as you admit/know you were wrong. I'm not a big fan of people that do it just to skate the system though and think they did nothing wrong.
    yup, like intheclouds said it worth a try going to court..especially if you havent had a previous record..judges and prosecutors love to see you cry and say you know what you did wrong...after you get a break burnout in the courthouse parking lot

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

befriend lawdog... he will put the judge in a head lock while fighting with a silver back gorilla and tell the judge to let you go or he will get beat to death with the gorilla...

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    befriend lawdog... he will put the judge in a head lock while fighting with a silver back gorilla and tell the judge to let you go or he will get beat to death with the gorilla...
    lawdog is still legendary crime fighter.

Online only though...

Black
    99 Z28

if it's your first one, you go and talk to the judge or prosecutor depending on the size of your town. You ask them for a deferred sentence. It's like 6 months of probation. If you go 6 months with no ticket, then you get let off. If you get another ticket, you get both tickets. Usually, you have to pay a fine in the form of a "contribution" to something like DARE or Victim's fund or something like that. If ya don't have money for a fine, they'd probably let you volunteer for a good cause. I've gotten out of several tickets this way.

If you ask for that, you don't give any kind of bullshit stories. You say, "yep, I did it and I got caught". The stories that you put around it will just make it stupid to them.

HTH and let us know what you end up doing and what you get.

Thread Information