Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Angry Someone hit me yesterday

Ive had my T/A for 3 days and i was sitting at the gas station waiting for my friend to come out and this guy in an avalanche backed right into the back of my car. His hitch went right through the rear bumper. There was at least a truck length between us and he tried to tell me i was to close and my car is too low?! I flipped out, grabbed the guy and my friend pulled me off. Needless to say he was a dick about it. I got all his info though and am going to fill out a police report today.

The good part is that there was a chip in the bumper from the guy before me and now it will get fixed. The paint on the car is also aftermarket(its a very metallic orange that is like 4 different colors) so that alone is going to be very expensive. Its just very upsetting that ive had the car 3 days and this ass had to hit me then proceed to try and blame it on me. Ill get some pictures up soon.

Thanks. Ryan
    Last edited by Ryans99LS1; 09-21-2007 at 12:17 PM.

Silver
    1998 Ram Air T/A

Ryan, I know you are upset but I would be very careful about some statements you are making on a public forum. They could come back to bite you in the end. Don't know the laws in your area but it would have been nice to have the police come out and make a report on the spot. Some people don't even care about themselves, much less anybody elses property. Hell, I even leave notes on people's cars if I happen to even accidentally scratch them. Good luck with this snapperhead...

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Be glad you at least know who hit you. My old car was hit at least 6 times in the parking lot... all minor bumps but pissed me off to no end. Best thing is get a police report ASAP and then start talking with his insurance company, but don't agree to anything until you have had time to think it over and get your own independent apprasals.

SOM
    99 Trans Am

LAWS6 your right, i deleted that part I was just furious.

Bad news is he doesnt have insurance but is willing to pay out of his pocket to get this cleaned up and not have to go to court because i have all the info on this guy and many pictures of both vehicles. He supposedly picked up insurance today but i dont care as long as i get the check to get it fixed.

The estimate is $1328 mainly because of the paint.

Thanks for letting me vent guys.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

PEOPLE NEED TO WATCH THE FUCK OUT!!!!! that's 4 lsX's in a month that have gotten slammed...

Silver
    1998 Ram Air T/A

Quote Originally Posted by WheresmyLS1 View Post
    LAWS6 your right, i deleted that part I was just furious.

Bad news is he doesnt have insurance but is willing to pay out of his pocket to get this cleaned up and not have to go to court because i have all the info on this guy and many pictures of both vehicles. He supposedly picked up insurance today but i dont care as long as i get the check to get it fixed.

The estimate is $1328 mainly because of the paint.

Thanks for letting me vent guys.
    Let me see... poor judgement in backing, no insurance and a bad attitude.
    Survey says, COMMON A$$HOLE! Good luck with this guy. I hope all goes well and you get your car fixed.

NBM
    99 TA

No insurance? I would have had him arrested right there! I don't know how laws differ from place to place but where i am, no insurance = HUGE ticket, vehicle impounded and possible arrest if involved in an accident.

I fuckin hate people!

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Hahaha yeah. Does anyone have any idea how much restraint it took to hold me back from knocking the guy out? I mean i grabbed the guy and my buddy pulled me back but its SO aggravating having your car get hit 3 days after you own it!

Oh yeah and i didnt find out till today that he didnt have insurance. He gave me his card like he was covered then my mom called today and they said he wasnt on their policy anymore and meanwhile he called my dad saying he wasnt covered and is just going to pay out of his pocket.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

That sucks about your T/A...too many people out there with big trucks that can't drive them

Make sure he's not trying to stall for whatever reason...if the dude doesn't even have money for insurance how's he gonna pay out of pocket? I'd fill out a police report just in case...i'd also start looking into the small claims process because it'll probably go that way.

On second thought you might want to avoid the police because you did grab the guy...i'm sure he could press charges for assault and battery.

brown/tan
    71 skylark/02 bonneville

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    No insurance? I would have had him arrested right there! I don't know how laws differ from place to place but where i am, no insurance = HUGE ticket, vehicle impounded and possible arrest if involved in an accident.

I fuckin hate people!
    i got in an accident with no insurance and i just had to go to court and they gave me an sr22.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

always call the police right away..........u will be lucky to get any money

SOM
    99 Trans Am

I did call the police right away. They wouldnt respond because it was on private property and no one was hurt. The police report was filed the next day.

And yeah i agree. i think it will be going to small claims court.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    PEOPLE NEED TO WATCH THE FUCK OUT!!!!! that's 4 lsX's in a month that have gotten slammed...
    You think it a conspiracy? Ford must be paying someone, they probably hate the fact that the lsx as old as it is, it is still better than the new sh!t they are putting out.

LSx--->Ford

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

my car got backed into by my neighbor in her truck. luckily she didn't have a trailor hitch. my paint on my bumper got all fucked. I think the bumper is cracked too. she's paying for it all to get fixed.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I did call the police right away. They wouldnt respond because it was on private property and no one was hurt. The police report was filed the next day.

And yeah i agree. i think it will be going to small claims court.

police wouldnt come thats messed up....u should be good since u got a police report

SOM
    99 Trans Am

So now the guy wont answer our phone calls. Time to take him to court!

Ill be driving by his house and if his truck is there then im going to call the police and have him arrested for still driving without insurance. Our insurance company ran his info last night, he's still not covered. This burnout needs to be put away.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

So now the guy wont answer our phone calls. Time to take him to court!

Ill be driving by his house and if his truck is there then im going to call the police and have him arrested for still driving without insurance. Our insurance company ran his info last night, he's still not covered. This burnout needs to be put away.
    Yup...sounds like the typical douche that drives without insurance. The only way you might see some money is through the courts...but even then you can't get blood out of a turnip. Just keep going at him and maybe they'll garnish his wages if he has a job.

BTW I don't think driving without insurance is a arrestable offense...pretty sure it's a big fine and possible impounding of the car The police won't do anything anyway...unless they happen to pull him over someday.

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

so follow him,bump into him and call the cops.

Black
    2005 GTO

I did't read everyones post but seriously it should be automatic jail time and a huge fine if you can't prove you have insurance, period no exceptions. It really pisses me off cause people without insurance are what makes my insurance so damn much. I really hate people without insurance, I say you and your buddies go by his house one nite and trash his truck(just don't get caught) then take him to court to get your car fixed+ court cost. /rant

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

should have told the cops on the phone the guy was driving uninsured.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information