Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

some peopel are just plain assholes

so I raced this guy a few weeks ago when I was having some trouble with my car misfiring (was just a spark plug thank god) and we ran side by side neither person pulling on the first run and then he went on the seccond honk on the 2nd run and i pulled on him the whole way. the person in the car with me said that's what happened and all and he had his wife in the car who is just a bitch anyways.
    so today me and one of my friends were talking about how much the 3.73's are gonna help over the 2.73's that I had when I ran him and all in my 1/8. since mine ran 8.6-8.8 on street tires and 8.3-8.4 on dr's we thought that it would be around 8.5 on street tires and 8.2 on dr's. we were also talking about if I were to race the person I was talking about in the top thing again with the gears and I said flat out that there is no way he would be able to be me now as my car sits and it would be even worse for him with me having new gears. so the guy I was talking to told him I said that for some reason and just now he called me and was like you saying your car is a low 8's car. that is bullshit because my car runs 9 flat and I smoked you. I hung up on him after that. Now he does have a quick import. 9 flat with a 200sx with nitrous is pretty good, but he did not smoke me and my car was running like shit that night anyways. I just sent the number he called from a txt from my gf's phone with a pic of the timeslip from when I ran on dr's before and had a 8.32 with a 1.79 60'. he replied a few minutes later saying there is no way that was my car. i am not even responding. that dude is just being a dumbass asshole.
    on a side note he told the other person we were talking about running my car against and he called me up to ask what all I had done to it since we ran. he was pretty cool. he drives a 2005 mustang gt with a pretty nice heads and cam setup and 4.10 gears.. when we ran he pulled a car and a half on me from 20 to 120 with me pulling on him at the end. when i told him the gearing and all I was putting on he said right away if we ran that same race that I would smoke him. I don't think I would smoke him with it, but I know I wouldn't be losing bad like last time.
    I just hate how some people are assholes about that stuff. I have half the amount of money in my car that he does and my car runs faster. i think he is just pissed off about it and jealous that he wasted his money on a 200sx.

Ahh to be young and vulnerable to shitty shit.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

not to be mean, but do you have a back up vehicle? i know your girl is preggo and your wanting to make a good living for each other but do you think racing your car and putting 3.73's in there is the wisest thing to do? i mean, i had 2.73's in my ta and put 3.42's in it and that ate up some gas mileage. and especially with gas the way it is, i'm just saying ya might need to think about saving as much as you can to help out when your child arrives.

Red
    '01 Silverado

thats a import driver for you

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Some people get all pissy when they lose...aka douchebags

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    not to be mean, but do you have a back up vehicle? i know your girl is preggo and your wanting to make a good living for each other but do you think racing your car and putting 3.73's in there is the wisest thing to do? i mean, i had 2.73's in my ta and put 3.42's in it and that ate up some gas mileage. and especially with gas the way it is, i'm just saying ya might need to think about saving as much as you can to help out when your child arrives.
    we drive around in her car and we work at the same place. her lexus is the main one that gets driven. my car will only be seeing maybe 100 miles a week at the most. when my mom tore up my differential i had to decide what I was gonna do on gearing and even my dad (who is an accountant that saves every penny) said to gear it for fun if it's not gonna get driven much. I wasn't even gonna mess with it anymore if it weren't for my mom going and doing donuts in it to show off to my little brother and his friend. I don't let her drive my car anymore. she said she wanted to drive it for gas mileage for a few days while I can't drive(she drives a 2003 f150 lariet with a 3 inch lift it gets 12 on the highway). I am also planning on buying a porsche 944 or a early 90's lotus as a daily driver in the fall. I have my 74 porsche I can fall back on if I need to, but i really don't see the need to drive anything aside from the lexus and maybe every once in a while my camaro. porsche is a perfect sunday afternoon or nice date night car. camaro is just a screamer anyways. lol. I love driving that thing. I think both of my cars right now though are drivers cars. neither of them are just good drive everyday cars. lol.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

damn dude, take it like a grain of salt and dont worry about it. race him and whoop that ass

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by bige97 View Post
    thats a import driver for you
    yeah. I hang out at the same lot as him on the weekend too. I was being nice about it when we ran before and said nice run we need to do it again sometime. even then he was an asshole and was like you're just gonna get beat again what's the point. It was kinda motivation to go buy the nitrous kit I was wanting to even the playing field and smoke his ass, but I didn't. my fiance kept me from it.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    damn dude, take it like a grain of salt and dont worry about it. race him and whoop that ass
    I think I am going to, but this time I am not gonna even let it be close.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn Jimmybling---you run 8's in the 1/4 and your 17? What kinda job you got? I spent all my money on the car and havn't had any extra for enough mods to do 8's since I was your age. Of course I did buy a bike in the meantime but still thats only 4k.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

lexus's, porshe's, and a camaro......so is your mullet pronounced mulle'? like the french? nah i'm messing with ya

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn Jimmybling---you run 8's in the 1/4 and your 17? What kinda job you got? I spent all my money on the car and havn't had any extra for enough mods to do 8's since I was your age. Of course I did buy a bike in the meantime but still thats only 4k.
    1/8 mile track noobsauce.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    my mom going and doing donuts in it to show off to my little brother and his friend.
    Your mom is awesome

white
    94 camaro z28

I just worked out how much my anual income is and it came out to 34000 a year. I work full time as an orthotic tech speciallizing in foot orthosis. I started as a regualar tech and I have moved my way up at work. I have a kid on the way though so I think that will drain almost all of it. I get to keep my cars though. because I am not moving out though and just taking the attic(a full 1800square foot apartment) I will be able to keep all the cars maintained and get a daily driver in the fall. when prices drop. I was gonna buy a bike instead of a dd then the baby thing came up so it was like ok I don't need to take that risk.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

that was 1/8 mile. i dont think your gonna get 8's in quarter with that gearing unless you just wanna try so much harder. that's not even the limited slip diff. i know and it sucked when i had mine. cool thing though jimmy, when i put the new gears in, half throttle when it shifted to second, it made for some wicked tire chirpage which i didnt expect. but i also had lt's, full 3 in. exhaust, lt4 hot cam and heads, and nitrous so i don't know if you'll get the same results or what else ya got done to your car. but good luck with it man, let us know how that extra kick feels.

white
    94 camaro z28

lexus's, porshe's, and a camaro......so is your mullet pronounced mulle'? like the french? nah i'm messing with ya
    Yeah it is. you can check out my myspace though if you want. Haven't updated shit on it in forever, but you can tell about how I live from it. I have an exhaust sound video on there too. add me if you want to (this goes out to anyone on this site)

www.myspace.com/jimmybling

white
    94 camaro z28

that was 1/8 mile. i dont think your gonna get 8's in quarter with that gearing unless you just wanna try so much harder. that's not even the limited slip diff. i know and it sucked when i had mine. cool thing though jimmy, when i put the new gears in, half throttle when it shifted to second, it made for some wicked tire chirpage which i didnt expect. but i also had lt's, full 3 in. exhaust, lt4 hot cam and heads, and nitrous so i don't know if you'll get the same results or what else ya got done to your car. but good luck with it man, let us know how that extra kick feels.
    I will. I have basically that without the cam. I have tsp duals on the way to hook up to my long tubes. I don't like the lm1 it's just too raspy. I want nitrous but fiance won't let me. she will come around when our kid is a little older, but now I think I am happy without it. as long as she doesn't take my cars or guitar I am happy.

white
    94 camaro z28

oh yeah. I have a stage 2 built transmission that already chirps at half throttle. full throttle it kicks out quite a bit.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    oh yeah. I have a stage 2 built transmission that already chirps at half throttle. full throttle it kicks out quite a bit.
    very nice! that make a sexy time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information