Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

So I'm about to finish my degree and...

..it turns out A.S. degree's are completely worthless everywhere. 2 classes away from it and I get my resume back from employers stating I need a bachelors to even qualify for a position. So there was two years pissed away, along with the money. So for anyone out there pursuing your A.S. might want to think twice.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Sell drugs. Education is over rated.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Sell drugs. Education is over rated.
    It is over rated! Too many people out there with Educations now. I'm gonna go back to selling Cornhole games on Ebay to pay for my next round of classes >.>

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

well, all it means now is that you only have 2 years to go for your bachelors. i messed around community college for 3 years, and had 68 credit hours transfer over to my BA program, lol. how bad can having 2 degrees look on a resume?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by chiller2484 View Post
    well, all it means now is that you only have 2 years to go for your bachelors. i messed around community college for 3 years, and had 68 credit hours transfer over to my BA program, lol. how bad can having 2 degrees look on a resume?
    Na my A.S. is in Building Construction it only transfers to UF or UNF and I can't afford to move away and go to school. Plus a Bachelors in Applied Sciences is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.

Black
    '99 SS

Most people can get their Bachelors... go for your masters. Seriously... It isn't THAT much more school.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    Most people can get their Bachelors... go for your masters. Seriously... It isn't THAT much more school.
    It is when its 100% out of pocket..

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

World needs ditch diggers also you know.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yeah I gotta take care of the one on the right though and get myself another LS1 one day so I need a degree

[IMG][/IMG]

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

become a cop, i think thats only a 2 yr? or work in like radiology as the xray tech guy, or run General Motors

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Are you trying to say Rick Wagoner isn't edumacated?

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    or run General Motors

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

xray is 4 years.

2 year AS degree and 2 year xray program.

So technically its a AAS degree. Associate with Applied Science.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

If I ran GM I'd tell the Union to suck my white ass. Then I'd X out everything but Chevy for a while until things picked up. And offer new ZR-1's to LS1.com for a special rate of $1.00

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

There was a time when just using your hands was a good thing. And getting a good paying job was more a matter of what you could do with them. Most higher paying jobs today require a degree of some sort. Even if the job they are doing is simple. Not that getting a college degree is a bad thing. But I always love how some folks with college degrees dont know who the first president was or even why they voted for a particular candidate. Such as what has happened with our current president. College students where asked by a particular news organization, "why are you voting for Obama?" Answer: "cause we need change!". News person: "What change do you think he will bring?" Answer: "change we need!". News person: "Yes, but what kind of change?" Answer: "well I gotta go, no comment." (as they went on chanting, "Obama!","Obama!")
    Gotta love that some of these total idiots will be getting highly payed to be stupid. I think the problem is more employers want employees with degrees to do average joe jobs. Jobs that once required a 2 yr degree will want 4 yr degrees and so on. ( refer to OP). Eventually the simplest jobs will require some sort of degree which is good for the liberal colleges but not good for the average joe and those who cant afford college, and I think in some of our lifetimes we will see 2 year degrees and tech schooling go the way of the dodo bird aswell. Leaveing the poor and so called "uneducated" nothing in the way of viable employment.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    There was a time when just using your hands was a good thing. And getting a good paying job was more a matter of what you could do with them. Most higher paying jobs today require a degree of some sort. Even if the job they are doing is simple. Not that getting a college degree is a bad thing. But I always love how some folks with college degrees dont know who the first president was or even why they voted for a particular candidate. Such as what has happened with our current president. College students where asked by a particular news organization, "why are you voting for Obama?" Answer: "cause we need change!". News person: "What change do you think he will bring?" Answer: "change we need!". News person: "Yes, but what kind of change?" Answer: "well I gotta go, no comment." (as they went on chanting, "Obama!","Obama!")
    Gotta love that some of these total idiots will be getting highly payed to be stupid. I think the problem is more employers want employees with degrees to do average joe jobs. Jobs that once required a 2 yr degree will want 4 yr degrees and so on. ( refer to OP). Eventually the simplest jobs will require some sort of degree which is good for the liberal colleges but not good for the average joe and those who cant afford college, and I think in some of our lifetimes we will see 2 year degrees and tech schooling go the way of the dodo bird aswell. Leaveing the poor and so called "uneducated" nothing in the way of viable employment.
    You should see how my college educated supervisor at the gym runs things but doesnt really actually know the topic at hand, only how to over complicate jobs and tasks that take 5 minutes. In the time it takes him to analyze the situation and make a sheet listing the things to do I have it done already

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    You should see how my college educated supervisor at the gym runs things but doesnt really actually know the topic at hand, only how to over complicate jobs and tasks that take 5 minutes. In the time it takes him to analyze the situation and make a sheet listing the things to do I have it done already
    Agreed and an excellent example in my oppinion..

LPM
    2000 Camaro SS

Folks with 4 year degrees get paid far more than those with 2 year degrees.

It's the difference between technician and engineer.

I know, I'm a tech.

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KSS1363 View Post
    Folks with 4 year degrees get paid far more than those with 2 year degrees.

It's the difference between technician and engineer.

I know, I'm a tech.
    Most folks with 2-year degrees don't even have jobs, like our JHayes here.

Go get a 4-year degree or just lump it, I suppose.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I was just dissapointed that I spent this time getting my A.S. which can transfer to a B.A.S. like I planned on getting all along then I come to find out the B.A.S. isn't the same even though my school told me it was. Either way its back to the drawing board.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Agreed and an excellent example in my oppinion..
    Now I'm not telling people to not pursue higher education/college but make sure that it really is condusive and necessary for the field you go into. This guy only started working out while he was in college and he's only 27, and whoever taught him, taught him wrong, but in the midst of this he got appointed fitness director and all he does is overanalyze EVERYTHING and overcomplicate everything to the point where its ridiculous.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information