Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Serious help/ opinion needed !

Ive been an alcoholic for 26 years and bi polar for atleast 10 years. MY wife knew this before she married me and we have been married 14 years. I have been in trouble because of alcohol several times. She said if I drink one more time she is leaving. I had ect (electric shock therapy ) for a month straight. I was shocked almost every day. Aftrewards she said I was doing great but I dont remember because ect effects memory. After my last ect I started to regress. We are trying to find a new doctor but no success. Im dying to drink and it is so strong I would rather drink than have my 14 year marriage. I know tis is wrong but the want to drink is too strong. Im on disability and dont do anything all day long. I looked at meet.com and couldnt find anything of interest for men or local.I am now depressed and think life sucks and would rather die than continue with the bullshit of going on. What to do????? Im sure there is moreto say but this is the main part of it. Tonight I am getting a name of a marrriage counselour and see were that takes us.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Mind over matter, take charge of your life man say no!! Your going threw a dry spell so life will suck, just keep clean and you'll beat this.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Now dealing with comcast customer service is even worse. lol

blue
    1975 camaro

im sorry to hear this. i would do something to take my mind off it like going out on a camping trip with some close friends that will help you through it. you can do anything you set your mind to, just gotta be patient

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

I think that when you say you want to throw your marriage away that that isn't YOU saying or thinking that. I think that if you take a drink and let that voice consume you then you'll lose your wife. I think the real you doesn't want the drink. The real you loves your wife and your 14 years of marriage.

Find a hobby! Like swimming, golf, or some non stressful sport. Or maybe look at community service opportunities. You need something that makes you feel like you have a purpose other than drinking. Cuz you do. Your wife, for one.

I find it very inspireing that even with bi polar syndrome, and with the temptation to drink you have already survived 14 years of marriage. These days it's hard for people to so that. And there are a lot of people who don't have hope in this world fr themselves. And I think you encourage them by your successful marriage. Your wife wants you to be the best person that she already knows you are. Just be you. And you are a hsband, you are part of a family. Your not a drunk, you're not anything negetive that you may think you are.

You're a man with challenges that most people in this world couldn't overcome. That is honorable. So stay away from those drinks. They are overrated anywYs! Continue to be an amazing husband that you already are!

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Being on disability isn't helping. Find something to occupy the day. This will help a little.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

Look at the nice tits thread, start with page 1 that will keep your mind off drinking.

I just spent the last 9 months in rehab, and it all comes down to the want to stop for yourself. Not for your wife, or anything else. If you need someone to talk to, I'll be glad to give you a call. I know it's hard at first, but it doe's get better. Trust Me! I almost have a year sober now, and it was the best thing that I ever did.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

She was seeing a counsouler for a little while because she is at her breaking point from dealing with me,her job,the house stuff. We both dont know where to start to make things better because Im doing somewhat better. I did look at meetup.com but realy didnt find anything. Im gonna keep looking for stuff to do because all I do is sit in bed and watch tv or on the internet. I just hope I find a doctor sooner than october because the ect treatment was helping and Im falling back into my depression mode.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I just spent the last 9 months in rehab, and it all comes down to the want to stop for yourself. Not for your wife, or anything else. If you need someone to talk to, I'll be glad to give you a call. I know it's hard at first, but it doe's get better. Trust Me! I almost have a year sober now, and it was the best thing that I ever did.
    Congrats on your accomplishment.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Whenever you want a drink, fap instead. It's a win-win.

Thread Information