1999 Camaro SS #1437

Senate blocks legal guns from crossing state lines

I dont get it, please enlighten me

http://www.wjrr.com/cc-common/news/v...nt=3&redir=yes

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Here's the response I got from Bill Nelson;

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent proposal to require each state to honor concealed weapon permits issued by other States.

I support the constitutional right to bear arms. I grew up on a ranch in the Florida countryside and have been a hunter since I was a boy.

As for the legislation on concealed weapon permits, I believe that each State should be free to decide whether to recognize another State’s permit. The Federal government shouldn’t force a State with tougher permit requirements--attendance at a gun safety course, for example--to honor permits from States with less stringent requirements. Those decisions are best left to the States.

You can be sure that I will keep your thoughts in mind whenever firearms issues are considered by the Senate. I appreciate your letter. Your communications helps me serve you better.

Sincerely,
    Senator Bill Nelson

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    Here's the response I got from Bill Nelson;

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent proposal to require each state to honor concealed weapon permits issued by other States.

I support the constitutional right to bear arms. I grew up on a ranch in the Florida countryside and have been a hunter since I was a boy.

As for the legislation on concealed weapon permits, I believe that each State should be free to decide whether to recognize another State’s permit. The Federal government shouldn’t force a State with tougher permit requirements--attendance at a gun safety course, for example--to honor permits from States with less stringent requirements. Those decisions are best left to the States.

You can be sure that I will keep your thoughts in mind whenever firearms issues are considered by the Senate. I appreciate your letter. Your communications helps me serve you better.

Sincerely,
    Senator Bill Nelson
    Those decisions are best left to the States, thats comforting.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Come Get my Guns.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Ok what that was about was this. if i had a ccw permit to carry in NJ and I decided to drive to VA . Penn,Md,WV and VA would have to honor that ccw permit. as well as any other state would in the country. What happened was lies(suprise suprise) was told on how that would make it easier for gun runners to transport firearms. Quite a few turncoats in that vote there is one in particular I think should have her rights to own firearms and lifetime NRA membership revoked. That is Gillibrand from NY, effen Nancy Pelosi got ahold of her and ruined it.

I was all for it because when the wife and I travel it is at night when no one is on the roads. rest stops are dangerous and be damned if i am going to let anyone hurt my wife and child. Another reason is truckdrivers they have enough to worry about without having to worry about their safety as well.

There are several states that already aknowledge other states CCWs maybe not all of the other states but a few. virginia is one of those states.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

I know the vid. is from 2008 but this sums it up,

I could listen to Ted all day

Last edited by doberman 152; 08-01-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

This is what it was about.

Thune, Vitter Introduce Bill to Allow Law-Abiding Individuals to Carry Concealed Weapons
    02/05/09 - 01:54 PM

(Washington, D.C.) – U.S. Sens. John Thune and David Vitter yesterday introduced the Respecting States Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, a bill that would allow individuals the right to carry lawfully concealed firearms across state lines, while at the same time respecting the laws of the host state.

“Many states have enacted common sense concealed carry laws that allow responsible, law-abiding citizens to exercise their Second Amendment rights,” said Thune.

“Lawful concealed firearms can be a vital way for individuals to defend against the threat of violence, and a state’s border should not limit the right of individuals to protect themselves.”

“This bill simply clarifies the rights of gun owners and affords citizens a right that they are already entitled to under U.S. law,” said Vitter.

“By elevating concealed handgun permits to the same status as driver’s licenses, we can ensure that an individual possessing a legal permit to carry a concealed weapon from his or her home state is afforded the same privilege in another state that already has concealed carry laws.”

The Respecting States Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act strikes the appropriate balance between individual and state rights by allowing an individual to carry a concealed firearm across state lines if they either have a valid permit or if, under the state of their residence, they are entitled to do so.

Traveling individuals must follow the laws of the host state, including laws concerning specific types of locations in which firearms may or may not be carried.

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

Sucks for you guys. I'm federal law enforcement, can carry concealed anywhere in the US.
    Black 02 Trans Am WS6 M6 SLP Lid, Bassani Stainless Headers & Y-Pipe w/o Cats, Borla Exhaust, BMR-STB, LCAs & Reloc. Brackets, Panhard Bar, & SFCs, Eibach Pro-kit With Bilsteins, BF Goodrich G Force KDWs, Optima Yellow Top, 5% Tint, Blackouts, Clear Side Lights, H-7 Headlights much more to come!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I strongly support States rights. With that said....
    I have a Texas CHL...I also have a Utah Non -Resident CHL and a Pennsylvania Non -Resident CHL...why? Cuz the States that doesn't honor Texas or Utah etc. honor the other licenses I have.... allowing me to damn near carry legal in all states except of course Communist Kalifornication...

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I have a Texas CHL...I also have a Utah Non -Resident CHL and a Pennsylvania Non -Resident CHL...why? Cuz the States that doesn't honor Texas or Utah etc. honor the other licenses I have.... allowing me to damn near carry legal in all states except of course Communist Kalifornication...
    Everything in kalifornication migrates to Texas anyway.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    And most likely dictatorship New Jersey, there such asses here it is damn near imposible to get one. You either have to be a cop,carry lots of money all the time or some other valuables, or blow someone. and even then your not gurenteed to get one.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    And most likely dictatorship New Jersey, there such asses here it is damn near imposible to get one. You either have to be a cop,carry lots of money all the time or some other valuables, or blow someone. and even then your not gurenteed to get one.
    Same as Md only Md is slightly better in regards to gun rights. Can you get 20 round mags there at least?

Quote Originally Posted by 2002 WS6 KILLS
    Sucks for you guys. I'm federal law enforcement, can carry concealed anywhere in the US.
    Don't have to brag pig.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Same as Md only Md is slightly better in regards to gun rights. Can you get 20 round mags there at least?
    hell no,If our current Gov had his way any and all guns would be illegal. the bastard actually said that ALL gun owners are potential criminals.......like that lying,theiveing,reckless driving, non seatbelt wearing bastard has the right to talk agaings criminal activities. especially since a ton of state govt officials just got busted.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    hell no,If our current Gov had his way any and all guns would be illegal. the bastard actually said that ALL gun owners are potential criminals.......like that lying,theiveing,reckless driving, non seatbelt wearing bastard has the right to talk agaings criminal activities. especially since a ton of state govt officials just got busted.
    Lame. Completely unconstitutional. These lawmakers should be in jail.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Don't have to brag pig.
    Wow.....took the "nice pills" today huh?

Thread Information