Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

romantic comedies are bringing down America

thank god someone finally did a study on what all men have been saying since the 80's...

http://buzzsugar.com/2618520

...now if only i could get my g/f to see what i'm talking about.

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

You have to remember most women don't think rationally therefore making that study correct

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I can see that to be true. Especially for the younger viewers (teens through 20's).

What you see is a fantasy that a writer puts on a page for actors to 'bring to life'.

Key word here is "actor" They Act

Most girls are brought up on fairy tales as it is. Not a good start to make it in the real world IMHO...

But, experience is the best teacher. It takes a while though, so... hang in there

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sexdude
    The university's Dr Bjarne Holmes said: "Marriage counselors often see couples who believe that sex should always be perfect, and if someone is meant to be with you then they will know what you want without you needing to communicate it.
    definately agree with this...can't have good sex unless your partner lets you know what he/she likes.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

i'm a total communication junky, so don't get me started on that aspect...
    our world is over-influenced by media, but very little effort is made to teach kids a realistic, analytic and distanced way of dealing with media contents in general. fictional and non-fictional. you have to filter the information and evaluate what's applicable for your own life / state of mind / relationships / political views etc.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I can see that to be true. Especially for the younger viewers (teens through 20's).

What you see is a fantasy that a writer puts on a page for actors to 'bring to life'.

Key word here is "actor" They Act

Most girls are brought up on fairy tales as it is. Not a good start to make it in the real world IMHO...

But, experience is the best teacher. It takes a while though, so... hang in there
    haha...it took me a while but i've finally gotten it through her thick head (as i've told her flat out) that we should wait until we are through with school and get our degrees before we worry ourselves with marraige. some days she pisses and moans but later on she'll turn around and sheepishly admit that she knows i'm right. haha...then i ask her to say it again.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    haha...it took me a while but i've finally gotten it through her thick head (as i've told her flat out) that we should wait until we are through with school and get our degrees before we worry ourselves with marraige. some days she pisses and moans but later on she'll turn around and sheepishly admit that she knows i'm right. haha...then i ask her to say it again.
    And... you are right! You'll both be better off in the long run

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i've watched several people that i know get married right out of high school or with their significant others after only like 2 years together (which is how long my g/f and i have been together) and most of them didn't last past a year of being married.

pesonally if i'm going to get married i'd rather just go through the whole thing once. less expensive and much less of a headache.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

bitches be crazy

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    i've watched several people that i know get married right out of high school or with their significant others after only like 2 years together (which is how long my g/f and i have been together) and most of them didn't last past a year of being married.

pesonally if i'm going to get married i'd rather just go through the whole thing once. less expensive and much less of a headache.

my girlfriend and i are together since 1994....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

this stuff has been going on since the beginning of time I would imagine. Look at cinderella. Poor broke down woman that gets all dressed up to go to a party and meets a guy there. After the party is over the guy combs the face of the earth to return a shoe she forgot. She has nagging friends and parents that don't approve. The guy finds her, is extremely rich and good looking, they get married, and live happily ever after.

This pack of lies has been going on forever.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

red
    2000 camaro ss

for real im gonna need to know a chick for like 6 years before i pop that question. gotta find one thats not nuts first. . . . .or super dumb. . . .i'd rather be single my whole life than marry one with serious emotional baggage. one with a good pops would be nice. . .girls that are crazy usually have shitty dads that never told them they were pretty or much much worse. . . .

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    for real im gonna need to know a chick for like 6 years before i pop that question. gotta find one thats not nuts first. . . . .or super dumb. . . .i'd rather be single my whole life than marry one with serious emotional baggage. one with a good pops would be nice. . .girls that are crazy usually have shitty dads that never told them they were pretty or much much worse. . . .
    you're going to be single the rest of your life.

red
    2000 camaro ss

haha, began thinkin the same thing a while back. i'm always lookin' and it sucks bein single but i'm in no rush. all i can do is hope, like i said, i'd rather be single. . . .i got other things in life to keep me busy 'til then.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

haha, began thinkin the same thing a while back. i'm always lookin' and it sucks bein single but i'm in no rush. all i can do is hope, like i said, i'd rather be single. . . .i got other things in life to keep me busy 'til then.

And we'll both end up old, decrepid, miserable as fuck and still single beating off to TEEN magazine.

PM me a larger version of your avatar please

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you'll be surprised at how quickly that frame of mind changes. Kids is another one just like marriage. They may be huge pains in the ass sometimes but at the end of the day it's all worth it. I wouldn't be who I am without my wife. My kids are on a whole different level by themselves. There just isn't a better feeling than having children. They make your life a little better every day.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    you're going to be single the rest of your life.
    You will have better luck searching for the fountain of youth, the cure of AIDS or any other timeless mystery. You are on a never ending search.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    bitches be crazy
    well said.

Thread Information