Road Race Fox Mustang - Build A Budget Race Car, Part II

In part two of a series, Matt King works out the safety details on his low-buck Fox Mustang race car built for the NASA Camaro-Mustang ChallengeThe Rollcage Dilemma
Too many hot rodders put safety items at the bottom of their list of must-have parts. It's a big mistake, and I'll admit to being guilty of it in the past, but then I considered getting T-boned by another car at full speed or hitting a wall at 100-plus. Think it can't happen? During the year that I was building my car, I know of at least five people killed at competitive events at California tracks, including one accident I witnessed. Even more people were involved in serious accidents and walked away. Safety isn't just theory.inline_mediumwraptextrightDesigned to fit with minimum modifications to stock interiors, Autopower's easy-to-install bolt-in rollcages are SCCA- and NASA-legal when ordered with DOM tubing and are an attractive option for cars that do double duty on the street and track. I started out with this one in my CMC Mustang but later replaced it with a custom-built rollcage.25738517/techarticles/general/hrdp_0503_road_race_fox_mustanghrdp_0503_11+1984_f ord_mustang_GT+race_car.jpgTrue

Photo Gallery: Road Race Fox Mustang - Racing Our '84 GT In The Camaro-Mustang Challenge - Hot Rod Magazine

Photo Gallery: Road Race Fox Mustang - Racing Our '84 GT In The Camaro-Mustang Challenge - Hot Rod Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...