Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Really strange hair buzzer related question

I gotta have my head shaved for the next 10 months during the academy and they require 000 size buzzer length. I know the 000, 00 , 1, 2, 3, 4 scale because my barber uses that system, I usually get a 2 on the back and sides and normal scissor cut on top, but now I gotta get a buzzer myself. Problem is, every buzzer kit ive seen online and in the stores around here come with a bunch of length attachments, but they are all in inches like 1/16", 1/4", 1" etc. How many inches are the 000 and 00 buzzers they use so I can get my own set? I dont have time to go get my hair cut every other day!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

jsut use the metal part with no plastic attachments

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    jsut use the metal part with no plastic attachments
    I think that is to short .... and that is a big No-No

this fuckin "detail packet" is so fuckin vague...

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

you can't just get your hair cut once a week? like the rest of us do? and a 000 is a short metal piece.. if you can't find a barbers kit like that, usually with the metal attachments as well as the plastic ones, then you could get a set of neck trimmers that the barbers use. those will do the job too. does the packet actually say you need to supply your own clippers? that's odd... in boot camp they took us to the barber shop..

all it says is that the recruit must maintain hair discipline to 000 length cut... i dont know if that means we need to fuckin shave it with a razor every day or what, but i dont want to get my ass stomped on the first day for not getting it right... they are already going to obliderate me for showing up in my car!!!!! i swear other then when its snowing sideways out, this is the only other time ive ever regretted having my trans.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    I think that is to short .... and that is a big No-No
    Just shave it all off, and if they saying anything about it being too short, just tell them your bald--you lost all your hair. What can they say?

i aint gunna lie to them... thats just askin for alllll sorts of shit and/or dismissal.

silver
    1998 Z28

bro, just leave it. you'll get it shaved when you get there anyway. when i went to boot camp, there were some kids who thought they'd be smart, and shave their head before, and they put them in the chair anyway. and this is the Air Force academy right? i wouldn't sweat it too much.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

What sgt0704 said. When I went to Army basic there were kids with their heads already shaved bald or close to it. They got put in the chair and each and every one of them was bleeding pretty good when they got out. I think the barbers took pleasure in whomping the hell out of their heads with those trimmers! When it's time to get another haircut you have two options: go to a barber on base and have it done which cost us $5 a pop, OR have someone in the barracks do it. This option was a no-no but everyone did it. Trade a haircut for making his bunk for a couple of days or polishing his shoes once etc....That's how everyone in my barracks did it. You'll learn real quick anyway who is good at what and usually the chores are devided accordingly. Instead of having to do ALL my chores everyday, two guys made the bunks, two or three guys polished boots, others always cleaned the floors and so on. It was a pretty good system.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

Oh yeah....when you go down the firing line to get all of your shots, they tell you not to flinch because they use airguns that shoot the medicine into your shoulder. DO NOT FUCKING MOVE!!! You'll bleed pretty good if you do. The shots DON'T hurt. It's nothing to get all worked up over. You'll see grown men weeping and crying and scared shitless. I never understood that. Just go down the line like a man and take your lumps. Even if they have to hold you down, you're getting the shots anyway so you might as well do it like a man. Just don't flinch. You'll hear alot about the gas chamber but that's really not so bad either.

silver
    1998 Z28

remember, keep your head straight, if you're not looking, you won't know when you're getting it.. so all you'll feel is a suprise prick... ... ..

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by nitrox28 View Post
    Oh yeah....when you go down the firing line to get all of your shots, they tell you not to flinch because they use airguns that shoot the medicine into your shoulder. DO NOT FUCKING MOVE!!! You'll bleed pretty good if you do. The shots DON'T hurt. It's nothing to get all worked up over. You'll see grown men weeping and crying and scared shitless. I never understood that. Just go down the line like a man and take your lumps. Even if they have to hold you down, you're getting the shots anyway so you might as well do it like a man. Just don't flinch. You'll hear alot about the gas chamber but that's really not so bad either.
    Wow. I've never heard of any of this. I was thinking about joining the military...I'm not so sure now.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinohuey View Post
    Wow. I've never heard of any of this. I was thinking about joining the military...I'm not so sure now.
    Nah, the shots aren't bad at all. Shots REALLY don't hurt, it really is all in your head. The only shot that isn't fun is the "peanut butter shot", but I think that is mainly because of the location.. don't want to scare you! It's really not that bad, and actually results in tons of laughs later that day and especially the next day.. heh heh...

Oh, and the gas chamber is also pretty funny - you get to watch everyone gag and panic thinking they are going to stop breathing and die. Just stay calm - it will not harm you, it's just an irritant that makes you snot, cough, and gasp for air. You wont suffocate or anything and it only lasts a little while.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Are these shots like...needle shots or some kind of immitation gun shots or what?

silver
    1998 Z28

shots ain't shit.. it's just the basic shit they give you to make sure you're all up to date on all of your shots. kinda like when you buy a new dog..

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Are these shots like...needle shots or some kind of immitation gun shots or what?
    Needles and air guns - it shoots the medicine into your arm via air pressure - like an air rifle only stronger. It's painless as long as you don't flinch and jerk, then it will just make a nice cut mark.

It's all really quick, just 5 minutes or so of getting shot up at different stations. They do both arms at once sometimes so it's fast.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

And whats the gas chamber? That sounds real scary.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

its just CS gas ...makes you cough and snot out your nose .. You get over it .. Try to be close to the front of the line ...lol

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I just found this. Looks pretty scary to me. Whats the point of it? http://news.webshots.com/album/142549426CfIZgD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information