98 Formula
    06 duramax

Razor electric dirt bike?

Anyone messed with one of these at all? My brother's neighbor gave him one that he's giving to my kids. Needs batteries of course but you can't really argue with free. Definitely something I wouldn't buy but for free I'll see what I can do with it. Just my limited reading it looks like it's a 24v system which I'll add at least one more battery and make it a 36V system so they'll get a little more speed out of it. From what I can tell they're a 30-45 minute run time with a 2 hour charge time. Doesn't hardly seem worth it to me and sounds like a fairly shitty idea for a dirt bike but I'll go get it today and get started on it. Just curious if anyone has messed with one before.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

There are several companies making electric motorcycles now. Both on and off road and some very high end high performance bikes as well. They handle well and drive nice once you get used to not having a clutch but the main drawback is that they have limited range as you have noted. Still, if someone is giving you one for free, enjoy! I'd be very careful about adding batteries unless it is an upgrade offered by the manufacturer. Trying to add power by strapping on another battery that it was not designed for is likely to damage the charging and other electrical systems. Good luck and please make sure the kids wear protective gear.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

went and picked it up today. It's actually a 36v system and we replaced all 3 batteries. My brother bought them for the kids so I'm still off the hook money wise. 3 batteries came to $160 but that's through batteries plus locally....could've found a much better deal online but my brother wanted them to be ready to roll. It's not near as fast as I figured it would be but it does alright for them. Daughter has already dumped it so everything is normal. I am going to add another battery though I think....I can buy a 48v controller for it and my understanding is the motor will handle the extra 12 volts. I may do a sprocket swap on it also to get a little more speed out of it.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I did not know that they made such a thing. Are the batteries similar to what go in a street bike?

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

They are more similar to what goes in a Power Wheels.

I don't have the electric dirt bike but my kids have 2 of the 500W scooters.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

right....the batteries that were in it and the ones we stuck with are 12v 12ah batteries that have 1/4" spade connector terminals. I haven't tried to find a model number on it yet to find out much info on it really.

red
    95 Z28

LiPo conversion and huge brushless motor?

Thread Information