Thread: Ps3 Craziness

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Ps3 Craziness

Well as most of you know there is allot of crazy things going on with the launch of the PS3. People have gotten shot and riots happening. In El Cajon CA they had to call in a SWAT team to control an angry mob that turned violent when the Circuit City announced their in stock amount.
    I have been tracking some eBay bids and so far i have seen a ending bid of $4850 with an normal ending bid of 35-3800. The retail cost of the PS3 ranges from 399-599

Apparently from insecure sources Sony was shipping 400,000 PS3 units to the US for launch release but in actuality only 280,000 units were shipped tightening the grip even for those who pre ordered their PS3. It will be months before all the hype will die down and all the preorder’s shipments arrive. Some say that Sony's next shipment of the console will not arrive until late February to early March which will more than likely stir up more eBay madness.

Sony reports that the delays are due to the difficulties in producing their cell technology CPUs and a new issue that has arisen with the production of the Blu-ray DVD drives that come standard with the PS3. As reported on news sites on the WWW. The Sony Cell CPU only has a 20% yield of viable chips to use in its console. Meaning that only 20 of every 100 chips are useable. In comparison Intel and AMD have a 98% yield on their CPU line.

But PS3 is not alone in all the happenings. Being overshadows by this mass hysteria for the PS3 is the Nintendo Wii which is set to release on the 20th. Bids on that item are ranging in the 1200 range and as high as 2100 for a system that sells retail for 249.99. I am sure that we will see a sharp spike in those prices once the PS3 systems are gone from the eBay market and there are no more to be had around.

Curiously enough the PSP has dropped in price to 169.99 for a retail version with the refurbished and used models going for around $90. This price drop should also drop the price for the Nintendo DS hand held system that wians in sales as compared to the PSP. But that news is good for consumers as the holiday seasons rapidly approach but I wouldn’t wait to long to get one as the consoles including XBOX 360 will sell as a rapid rate and with the only resort being the handheld systems to choose from for the gaming children. With over 300 Million people reported in the US as of last month you can see that the math will not add up for everyone getting their hands on the high-tech toys especially when many consumers out there have bought 2 or even 3 units of each to make huge profits.

Let me know what you all think about my reporting ablilities :P

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Haha, good job man! But that 20% yeild on the chips is amazing! Now I know why Sonys' gaming division expects a loss of $1.7 Billion between now a March.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i saw an ending bid 3 times greater than yours, $15,000 dollars

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

More than likely that was fake, people are boning sellery buy overbidding and then not paying.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea thats what i've been hearing, just making it a pain in the ass for the seller

Thread Information