Thread: Pride Real Deal

bigfoot

Pride Real Deal

IMHO... great fighters but not great cards. Way too many one sided matchups in this one... last two pride cards where awesome.... round two and three of the OWGP.... this one is looking like the one sided matchups of the first round of the OWGP.... only fights i'm that interested to see in this one is Randleman/Shogun fight.... Just because I feel a big upset on this one might happen... my money is still on Shogun though, and the vitor/henderson just because if vitor brings his A game it will be one hell of a war.... if not henderson in first round.

my picks

Fedor Emelianenko vs Mark Coleman = fedor in 1st with out moving a finger (although it would be hilarious if coleman actually won)
    Mauricio Rua vs Kevin Randleman = shogun (should be a boring fight but hopefully not)
    Sean O'Haire vs Butterbean = butterbean (sadly could be one of the more exciting fights)
    Josh Barnett vs Pawel Nastula = josh easily
    Dan Henderson vs Vitor Belfort = i'm hoping for vitor
    Marvin Eastman vs Kazuhiro Nakamura = eastman boring fight
    Joey Villasenor vs Robbie Lawler = lawler easily
    Phil Baroni vs Yosuke Nishijima = baroni easily

i'm still tossed on if i'm going to order or not... i really wish PRIDE had put on some better, not one sided, fights for hard core mma fans for this show but I know why they did it and it makes more financial sense to them. It's better to throw in some former UFC fighters, even if they are nearing the end of their career, so the average american mma fan will have someone they know. I hope their nye show is better..... On another not the next ufc seems to have some very exciting fights... looks like UFC might do another good card this year... bringing the total to 2. UFC needs to cut back on the number of shows they do again

Lash
    Can't wait! My beer is in the fridge waiting for it to start

I cant wait to see the first illegal stomp or knee...lol.

On a side note....did you notice Spike T.V. is playing a whole night of "UFC ulitimate knockouts"....lol.

I wish Butterbean was still fighting Hunt.

bigfoot
    yeah 4 hours worth.... if I can't get the rest of my friends to pitch for pride... i'll be watching that... then i'll download pride next week..... I'm going back and forth on if it's going to be good or not

Lash
    You didnt miss anything. The lop sided fight card made it stupid. I know they wanted to put on a good show....but putting top fighters against middle ranked fighters at best is kinda stupid. Two fights were over in less than 30 seconds...one went to decision...the rest were over in the first or early in the 2nd round.

And the "Pride is the best MMA organization in the world" banter was getting kinda old.

Coleman vs. Fedor? What a joke!! LMAO
    Colemans eye was seriously fucked up. He really took a beating in the first round. Fedor by submission..arm bar 2nd round.
    fedor just draged it out...you could really tell he wanted to K.O. him...but he didnt want to get too greedy and risk something happening so he tapped him out.

Thread Information