Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Press 1 for English

I figured since Im on hold with Comcast and should have packed a lunch I would vent. How many are sick of

Press 1 for english

Your call is important to us

Would you like to take a survey

All this after 20 prompts and 45 minutes and they get you on the line and ask the same questions or transfer you to another dept or you just cant understand them.

Because my call is important to them I will hold off on dinner to figure things out. That or they can call me back. Which they didnt do the first time which is why Im calling now.

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

ah yes i hate that lol...then in the end you end up in the same dept that you started in!!! They will hang up on you if you swear which i do believe is what they try to do.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Ah oh... Comcast rant... Spaz alert! Spaz alert!

I hate talking on the phone anymore because of all the recorded nonsense. Press 1. Say this or that. Speaking to get to a dept is the worst. If a dog barks, or you cough, it says, "I'm sorry, I did not understand" and takes you back to the beginning again

Red
    2001 z28,1971 Monte Carlo

I know your pain! For my job i am in charge of contacting different utility companies for all of our 3500 stores... the automated systems are absolutely terrible!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by stern2192 View Post
    I know your pain! For my job i am in charge of contacting different utility companies for all of our 3500 stores... the automated systems are absolutely terrible!
    You have my condolences...

Red
    2001 z28,1971 Monte Carlo

its god awful at times, especially when calling city utilities. on hold foreverrrr

red
    95 Z28

I enjoy these same types of converations with my health insurance company for the past 5+ years when they've raised my rates every year. Oh no, you need to talk to x department over there (even though x department just transfered me to you!)

And yeah I've had to deal with comcast a time or two as well over the phone.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by devildogws6 View Post
    ah yes i hate that lol...then in the end you end up in the same dept that you started in!!! They will hang up on you if you swear which i do believe is what they try to do.
    My wife is the main account holder and I was authorized to find out information. I answered all the information they wanted and then said they couldnt speak with me after a previous call they did. I begain to get pissed and used a couple of words and they hung on me. I call back and I was my wife and they said how can I help you sir. I said you mean mam.After 35 minutes the first time and no call back and an hour the second I hung up and will try again.

Thats why people get frustrated is you go through 20 prompts and they and then they make you repeat everything or the prompts are not what your problem is. I had one guy who had an accent that I couldnt understand and asked for somebody else. Man I go you on and on. I had apria hound me for a year about a bill because they could get it coded right and insurance was gonna pay it. My insurance company even called them several times with me on the line and spoke with a supervisor who was going to call back. I was so pissed I said fine bill me and I will pay you $1 for life.

Oh here is another. Hope line for woman would call several times a week at 8:30 at night. I would say please stop as it is after business hours and would like them to stop calling. Nope. Ok enough rant as that is the world is going and nothing you can do about it.

Thread Information