silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

picked up a heavybag, great for getting out stress

so, i picked up an everlast heavybag this weekend.. i have to say that i wish i got one of these YEARS ago. i found an OK MP3 that runs for 12 three minute rounds.. i cut it up to 3 three mins to start with since i have really not been doing much cardio the last 5 years... after a few days my hands are a bit sore (yes, i did buy MMA style heavy bag gloves) and i feel my arms, shoulders and back are getting a great workout. i has also removed some stress and anger. I LOVE it. i plan to use it 2-3 times a day for a few weeks with the 3 three minute rounds and work up from there.... i have even been tossing in a few reps on the weights between rounds. i like to pretend that in the 3rd round i'm waaay behind on points so that thow lots and lots of punches w/ flurries of power shots.

anyway, i just thought that i would thow this out there for those of you who have stress issues.. try a heavybag!

Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    so, i picked up an everlast heavybag this weekend.. i have to say that i wish i got one of these YEARS ago. i found an OK MP3 that runs for 12 three minute rounds.. i cut it up to 3 three mins to start with since i have really not been doing much cardio the last 5 years... after a few days my hands are a bit sore (yes, i did buy MMA style heavy bag gloves) and i feel my arms, shoulders and back are getting a great workout. i has also removed some stress and anger. I LOVE it. i plan to use it 2-3 times a day for a few weeks with the 3 three minute rounds and work up from there.... i have even been tossing in a few reps on the weights between rounds. i like to pretend that in the 3rd round i'm waaay behind on points so that thow lots and lots of punches w/ flurries of power shots.

anyway, i just thought that i would thow this out there for those of you who have stress issues.. try a heavybag!
    Great idea, I've been thinking about getting one for a while. I could use the stress relief of knocking the shit out of something daily .

yellow
    02 Collector Edition TA

I've have one also, I bought it solely for getting out anger and aggression. I think it's my combination of 50% Irish and 50% Italian blood, i've got a horrible temper and this has been one of the best ways of keeping it in control.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit02 View Post
    I've have one also, I bought it solely for getting out anger and aggression. I think it's my combination of 50% Irish and 50% Italian blood, i've got a horrible temper and this has been one of the best ways of keeping it in control.

same here... i have had a short fuse for most of my life except it has cooled off a LOT since i hit 30. the bad thing is that it has been replaced by stress.

i got home early from work and had a great session on the bag today (after i wrote the fist post). i have been sorta holding back because i just started and i'm not used to it. also, the bag was ROCK hard from being new. today i really layed in to it. i took the skin off the first knuckle of my index finger and had blood all over the bag, it was fucking awesome! i think this has something to do with how far my fingers stick out of the MMA gloves. i'm ok with the pain but i'm not sure i want to mess up my hands. i think maybe i should go get real 16oz heavybag gloves but i don't know if they will help much more...

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    same here... i have had a short fuse for most of my life except it has cooled off a LOT since i hit 30. the bad thing is that it has been replaced by stress.

i got home early from work and had a great session on the bag today (after i wrote the fist post). i have been sorta holding back because i just started and i'm not used to it. also, the bag was ROCK hard from being new. today i really layed in to it. i took the skin off the first knuckle of my index finger and had blood all over the bag, it was fucking awesome! i think this has something to do with how far my fingers stick out of the MMA gloves. i'm ok with the pain but i'm not sure i want to mess up my hands. i think maybe i should go get real 16oz heavybag gloves but i don't know if they will help much more...
    I'm running into the problem of where to hang it. Do you have to hang it from a ceiling beam or are there heavy stands to hold it? Sounds very theraputic Most of my ancestors were Irish. Like 85% of them, the other 15% were from Germany and Finland, so I've got a temper in bursts. My wife says I have a three mile fuse attached to an atomic bomb. Maybe having a bag would eliminate some of the more nuclear blasts

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

fapping relieves stress and is cheaper

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BdAsBrd01 View Post
    I'm running into the problem of where to hang it. Do you have to hang it from a ceiling beam or are there heavy stands to hold it? Sounds very theraputic Most of my ancestors were Irish. Like 85% of them, the other 15% were from Germany and Finland, so I've got a temper in bursts. My wife says I have a three mile fuse attached to an atomic bomb. Maybe having a bag would eliminate some of the more nuclear blasts
    i have it in my basement hanging from a steel beam. that i the big reason why i never had one before, i never had a place for it. now that i know how much i enjoy it i would have just bought a big stand for it.. they sell em but they are not cheap.. would have been worth it.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Damn I want one so bad, would be so nice to beat the shit out of that thing when I get home from school, i have so much negative energy held up inside me from dealing with the shitheads at school all day, would be great if I could just unleash it on that heavybag. I have no where to hang one unfortunatley, i've wanted one for years. I do have a speedbag in my room which doesn't do much, it's just too light for my liking, i need something that I can unleash all my power into.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Damn I want one so bad, would be so nice to beat the shit out of that thing when I get home from school, i have so much negative energy held up inside me from dealing with the shitheads at school all day, would be great if I could just unleash it on that heavybag. I have no where to hang one unfortunatley, i've wanted one for years. I do have a speedbag in my room which doesn't do much, it's just too light for my liking, i need something that I can unleash all my power into.

can get one of these

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Click for full size
    can get one of these
    Not a bad idea, how much does it weigh?

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by BdAsBrd01 View Post
    Not a bad idea, how much does it weigh?
    lots of company s make different ones , depends what you put in it , and such .. they also make one thats like a fighter in a stance ... just google standing heavy bag ...

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    fapping relieves stress and is cheaper

Thread Information