Photographer takes pics of great whites...without a cage

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

should read "a fool offers himself up as bait"

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Andy's knowledge of shark behaviour enables him to capture images in safety
    Sounds like something Steve Irwin would have said

Pretty awesome shots though. It will be what he is remembered by after he gets chomped on one day

Ray Charles blue

Anyone hear that Sharknado was based on a true story? No?

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Sounds like something Steve Irwin would have said

Pretty awesome shots though. It will be what he is remembered by after he gets chomped on one day
    no kidding!!!! I miss that guy...my kids will never know the feeling of watching him run around grabbing and handling the most dangerous animals in the world

"How'd he die dad...? Black Mamba?" Nope... "Shark...?" Nope..."Alligator or Crocodile...?" Nope...stingray...
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

red
    95 Z28

Many people have free dived with great whites. As long as there have been two people in the water to kind of watch each other's back it hasn't been a problem so far. The video footage I've seen, the sharks seem curious, but never overly aggressive. Rather free dive with them than tigers, hammerheads, bulls, or reef sharks

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I guess he'll be fine until it turns into a Sharknado...

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I guess he'll be fine until it turns into a Sharknado...

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Me thinks this guy will eventually end up like the Grizzly bear "expert" that got himself and his girlfriend eaten.

They are wild animals. You can't "know" how they are going to react.

They don't follow reason or established rules.

He may "know" dozens of sharks, but one day a stranger shark will be in the group and say, "Hey, why is nobody going after the easy pickins' over here with the camera? Dinner is served!"

98 Formula
    06 duramax

It's only a matter of time

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    It's only a matter of time
    exactly...just based on %'s its literally only a matter of time.

Ray Charles blue

I love the whole "They are not to blame. We are in their habitat. We must respect them."

Ok....if so, what in the flying hell are you doing to help out the Native Americans? They were here first yet you do nothing for them. Hypocrite.

A girl gave me shit about shooting a bear once because bears were here first and I asked her "If you are so caring, what the fuck are you doing for the Native Americans? They were here first."

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    I love the whole "They are not to blame. We are in their habitat. We must respect them."

Ok....if so, what in the flying hell are you doing to help out the Native Americans? They were here first yet you do nothing for them. Hypocrite.

A girl gave me shit about shooting a bear once because bears were here first and I asked her "If you are so caring, what the fuck are you doing for the Native Americans? They were here first."
    well in that case what are we doing for single celled organisms...? First species on earth gets no help...do you see any government funds going to help them out? nope...

Im actually kind of offended that single celled organisms dont have any funds or scholarships available...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I actually agree with that comment. We are in their environment and we are the foreigner in their world. If he ends up being killed by one of these sharks, just like Irwin was stung, at least he'll die doing something he was passionate about.

Without people like them willing to take the risk, we would not have all the knowledge and images of the wonders of the seas the way that we do. We would all still be worried about giant sea monsters and men searching for mermaids and miss out on the beauty of ocean life.

It's risky. But, very valuable as well Pictures all almost as good as being there sometimes.

Hunting is a different issue altogether, IMHO. We hunt to eat. I'm a huge animal lover and have fully admitted that if I had to go and kill, clean and part out an animal myself, I'm pretty sure I'd become a vegetarian real quick... But, I'm not anti hunter by any means. I just couldn't do it myself. Our modern 'food chain' makes it real easy to forget just how much hunting was a means of survival in our history.

On the other hand, I don't approve of trophy hunting as a sport. You kill it respectfully, you eat it, and all is good in the balance of the world
    Last edited by KahanaReef; 08-01-2014 at 10:40 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I actually agree with that comment. We are in their environment and we are the foreigner in their world. If he ends up being killed by one of these sharks, just like Irwin was stung, at least he'll die doing something he was passionate about.

Without people like them willing to take the risk, we would not have all the knowledge and images of the wonders of the seas the way that we do. We would all still be worried about giant sea monsters and men searching for mermaids and miss out on the beauty of ocean life.

It's risky. But, very valuable as well Pictures all almost as good as being there sometimes.

Hunting is a different issue altogether, IMHO. We hunt to eat. I'm a huge animal lover and have fully admitted that if I had to go and kill, clean and part out an animal myself, I'm pretty sure I'd become a vegetarian real quick... But, I'm not anti hunter by any means. I just couldn't do it myself. Our modern 'food chain' makes it real easy to forget just how much hunting was a means of survival in our history.

On the other hand, I don't approve of trophy hunting as a sport. You kill it respectfully, you eat it, and all is good in the balance of the world
    I respect that point of view and honestly have no problem with people that realize they couldn't hunt. Not everyone is cut out for it. My wife is the same way.....she eats it but there is no way she could do what it takes to kill it. The killing part I still struggle with and have my whole life. It's just a necessary thing I have to do no matter how little I enjoy it. I think since last November we've bought beef twice. I hunt to feed our family period. I don't trophy hunt but do hold out for mature bucks if I can....not for the rack (that's just a bonus of a mature buck) but if you ever compare the size of a big bucks ham to a 1 year old's ham it's twice the size. You get twice the meat from a big buck than you do from a smaller deer. My goal every year is to fill our freezer....that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Ray Charles blue

Kahanannana.....understood. But if I have the ability and access to something to protect myself and KILL what is most likely going to eat me.....I sure as hell am going to do so. I agree it is their environment...but human life > shark if I can do anything about it. I know it is doing what its instincts tell it to do, but by doing so he will be come a nice suit and I will go dancing to some BeeGee's that night wearing it.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I respect that point of view and honestly have no problem with people that realize they couldn't hunt. Not everyone is cut out for it. My wife is the same way.....she eats it but there is no way she could do what it takes to kill it. The killing part I still struggle with and have my whole life. It's just a necessary thing I have to do no matter how little I enjoy it. I think since last November we've bought beef twice. I hunt to feed our family period. I don't trophy hunt but do hold out for mature bucks if I can....not for the rack (that's just a bonus of a mature buck) but if you ever compare the size of a big bucks ham to a 1 year old's ham it's twice the size. You get twice the meat from a big buck than you do from a smaller deer. My goal every year is to fill our freezer....that's it.
    I don't even have an issue with mounting those racks. As a matter of fact, making good use of every bit of that animal is preferable.

Kahanannana.....understood. But if I have the ability and access to something to protect myself and KILL what is most likely going to eat me.....I sure as hell am going to do so. I agree it is their environment...but human life > shark if I can do anything about it. I know it is doing what its instincts tell it to do, but by doing so he will be come a nice suit and I will go dancing to some BeeGee's that night wearing it.
    This is where I go off path from my previous statement... If it's a kill or be killed situation, no matter how cute that bear is, I'm shooting it if I feel threatened

red
    95 Z28

That argument is ridiculous. You're comparing humans going into the ocean (a shark's natural habitat) to a group of indigenous people that was defeated over 100 years ago by another group of humans that wanted the land? Helping out native americans has nothing to do with respecting an animal in its own natural habitat, mindset or otherwise. Nobody alive today is responsible for the plight of the Native Americans.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    That argument is ridiculous. You're comparing humans going into the ocean (a shark's natural habitat) to a group of indigenous people that was defeated over 100 years ago by another group of humans that wanted the land? Helping out native americans has nothing to do with respecting an animal in its own natural habitat, mindset or otherwise. Nobody alive today is responsible for the plight of the Native Americans.
    It is not ridiculous. You fail to draw a link because you look at only what is on the surface instead of taking your blinders off and seeing the overall picture. You should really take a look at some laws and when they were put into action. Not all of them are that old. It goes well beyond the initial overtaking of native Americans. They still exist today, have been "given" land, yet there are other issues they deal with from "The White Man". So the initial killing and putting them into camps, you are correct, but they still have issues today.

You can help native Americans TODAY by assisting them with their current governmental issues. Yet, you don't. Much like any animal that we "move in on" their territory and just get rid of them because, well, they are a hindrance to our cause. Granted, we are not living in the oceans causing sharks to be moved out BUT, we do have swimming areas and do fish there catching them in nets that kills them.

Listen, I am not a tree hugging hippy who thinks animals take first notch. We are top of the food chain at this time, which is where I think we should stay. I was just making a joke about it. But for you to say it is ridiculous means you have very little foresight and see things for the top level, or initial impact of changes, not what has been going on for the last century. But, if that is all the link you can make to it, no worries.

Black / White

Thread Information