Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

people with ipods.....

Any of you guys use your ipod to text or know what it takes to set up to where you can text with one? Thinking about dropping my phone and using just my ipod to text. I hate talking on the phone.....I mean hate it. I don't mind texts but to sit with a phone to my ear and hear someone ramble about shit I could really care less about sucks. I normally don't answer the phone at all but then you gotta hear people's shit when you talk to them the next time about how hard you are to get ahold of. It'd be much easier if I just didn't have a phone. I have a couple buddies that I haven't talked to on the phone in years but we send hundreds of texts a week to each other. I see my ipod has a message button on it but not sure what it takes to set it up so you can text. I would assume a data only plan for it and maybe port my number to it?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

nevermind.....did some reading. Doesn't look like it works like that. Seems I'm back to not answering the phone.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Your vacuum has computer and iPod mounts?

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

its possible with the right app, but you'd have to be in wifi range.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

The iPod touch (if that's what you're talking about) can text others who are on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using Apple's iMessage service. This means you wouldn't be able to send a text to one of your Android buddies. On an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, blue means iMessage, while green means traditional text.
    Last edited by SiggyZ; 02-14-2013 at 05:55 AM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    The iPod touch (if that's what you're talking about) can text others who are on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using Apple's iMessage service. This means you wouldn't be able to send a text to one of your Android buddies. On an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, blue means iMessage, while green means traditional text.
    It always amazes me how Apple has people by the nuts with their products.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'd like to see a Note II up close. That may be my next phone. I like the idea of the big ass screen.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I know several people with the Galaxy S-III. They all love it. Haven't seen the Note up close yet. The screen on my phone is bigger than the iPhone's screen. Not sure I would want it much bigger though. It would be hard to put in your pocket.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

What does that have to do with anything? I like technology.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    It always amazes me how Apple has people by the nuts with their products.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Just stating the simple fact that Apple forces you to use their products.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yep....they do. The same way radio shack did 30-40 years ago with realistic cb stuff. I will say that once you figure out all that itunes sync bullshit ( and it is a bunch of bullshit) it's not that bad. I would like to just test drive an android to see how you add music, ringtones, and stuff like that. Can you just copy/paste music between folders of your pc to the phone?

Gray/ White

The screen on my Rugby Pro is bigger than the new iPhone. Wussed out on the S3 figuring it would be too big to put in a pocket

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

They didn't force me to use their products. I chose to on my own accord.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Wow...people still use iPods?

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I would like to just test drive an android to see how you add music, ringtones, and stuff like that. Can you just copy/paste music between folders of your pc to the phone?
    Yes.

That's the beauty of it all. Apple fans talk about how "smooth" and "seamless" their "experience" is. They're so full of shit it's funny...i've used iTunes...it's one of the most cumbersome and infuriating apps there is. Meanwhile, on Android or WP8, you plug in your phone, and drag and drop. It doesn't get easier folks.

Actually I lied, it will get easier. With NFC on laptops, and even coming to desktops, you won't even have to plug in your phone. Just sit down at your computer, open your phone's window, and drag and drop.

Hell, with Windows 8 and WP8 you literally don't have to do anything at all. If the music is on your desktop or laptop, it's on your phone too.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to ignore the iSheep and Droid***'s...just go to the store and play with the devices, or ask a friend to show you their device. Apple fans would proudly carry around a pile of dog shit and call it the greatest if it had the Apple logo on it, and Droid fans will do nothing but go on about how much Apple sucks.

BTW...my niece has a Note II...it's WAAAAY to big for my liking, but it's one of the sweetest phones there is.
    Last edited by Blakbird24; 02-15-2013 at 07:51 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I like my ipod. It's nice being able to carry all of my music around with me. I use it in the truck and I have a set of powered speakers I cart around that we use whenever we party. It'll also play through the camper's stereo too. I do wish my phone had more memory because then I could just put the music on there and have it with me all the time. The ipod really doesn't do anything that my phone can't do. itunes is a pain in the ass and it's made a lot harder than it needs to be. I wasn't a phone nerd so I knew jack shit going in. Just took whatever the at&t douchebag recommended. I can't say I'm completely unhappy with my iphone....it does what I need it to do and a lot more that I don't really need. I just think it should be waaay more user friendly. Why is there a 10 step process to create your own ringtones to rename files and shit like that? My other phone I could just cut the part out of the song I wanted to use and move it to the phone....done. That's why I'm going to an android on my next phone and give that a try....they sound much more user friendly and it's almost like someone that had common sense invented them. Iphone is like some tech nerd made them and they over thought everything.
    I don't mind a phone that doesn't fit in my pocket because it's pretty rare if I carry my phone in my pocket. I have a big thick ass Otter case on it now so it's a pain in the ass to carry it in my pocket as it is. I usually just carry it around or leave it in the truck when I go out somewhere. I'm not tied to my phone....I can sit it down in one spot and leave it there all day.

Gray/ White

So you're a Windows phone fan?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Uugg just had my ipod do the "white face of death".....now I'm in need of looking for one....

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Thank you for your enlightening post.

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post

Yes.

That's the beauty of it all. Apple fans talk about how "smooth" and "seamless" their "experience" is. They're so full of shit it's funny...i've used iTunes...it's one of the most cumbersome and infuriating apps there is. Meanwhile, on Android or WP8, you plug in your phone, and drag and drop. It doesn't get easier folks.

Actually I lied, it will get easier. With NFC on laptops, and even coming to desktops, you won't even have to plug in your phone. Just sit down at your computer, open your phone's window, and drag and drop.

Hell, with Windows 8 and WP8 you literally don't have to do anything at all. If the music is on your desktop or laptop, it's on your phone too.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to ignore the iSheep and Droid***'s...just go to the store and play with the devices, or ask a friend to show you their device. Apple fans would proudly carry around a pile of dog shit and call it the greatest if it had the Apple logo on it, and Droid fans will do nothing but go on about how much Apple sucks.

BTW...my niece has a Note II...it's WAAAAY to big for my liking, but it's one of the sweetest phones there is.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    So you're a Windows phone fan?
    I don't think such a thing exists.

Jetstream Metallic Blue
    1978 Trans Am LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post

Yes.

My 0.02.. I disliked apple until I got an iPod touch. I disliked the fact that their software was "closed source"..expensive..etc. after using apple for I while, I have loved how simple, fast, easy it works. I do agree iTunes is painful to use, but once you get the hang of it it's ok. Configuring email, such as military Army AKO, was simple. My efforts to do the same with a droid based phone was difficult/impossible.

I do still have a home PC, can't justify the huge cost of an iMac. But I will buy one before I "fdisk, re-install windows", which seem to NEED to be done every year or two. I mainly use my iPad to surf...and my iPhone when I'm not home. They (apple) are expensive, trendy...but I have not experienced any issues that I used to with windows/android software. There are some disadvantages to "open source" software..apple makes mistakes too...but at least someone evaluates the software (apple) prior to it being used on the device.

My vehicle audio systems interface with the iPod/iPhone ...making pandora/music use really nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information