Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

this past Christmas

This past year ...well the past almost 9 years have been really stressful for me from getting married to having a son born,the wife loseing her job after 20 years and so on. So I haven't been hunting at all since moving to nj, sold the rifle to pay bills,can't use it to hunt with in this state anyway. joined a NJ hunting forum so I could get some better understanding of the laws and so on. Alot of this will come into play in a bit.

Fast foward to this past Christmas eve. I was at work all day since my boss is a greedy jerk and I get home and rush to shower shave and get dressed for church and the traditional new years eve dinner with the inlaws at a nice resturant. We get home watch a Christmas story a few times then my son goes to bed then we put all his gifts under the tree. I go to bed at about 11:30 when I get a Phonecall from the neighbor saying that there is a huge present on my front porch. So of course I ask him why he did it and he said it wasn't him.

I look at my wife and told her and thats when a story came out. She told me that earlier a man cald claiming to be Santa and later there will be a gift on my porch,to keep an eye out for it. she said it was an older guy so I had a few Ideas of who it could have been . I grab the present and run into the bedroom with it. My wife looked at it and said " no man wrapped that, it is to neat" It had a printed out letter stating that his (santa's) elves reminded him that since moving to NJ and haveing all these things happen that I could not afford anything to hunt with. It told me to enjoy the contents and he hopes to have some backstrap and a guiness for his snack next year,but it best not be his reighndeer's.

shaking I open the box to find.............................................. ..

Needless to say I had tears in my eyes,and still get them when I think about it. My wife looks at me and simply said "who" I had no Idea so we bounced thoughts back and forth ,I asked her if she still had the phone number,she said yea so I looked it up. It came back as a PA number. but the newspapers that the Bow was packed in was a fairly common NJ newspaper. We bounced a few more Ideas and she asked" what about Robin? "

Robin is a woman I met on the hunting site that knows my story and has wen't fishing with me,gave me 2 huge bags of venison,and is an all around great person.

I told my wife it can't be because the call was from pa, then it hit me that her dad lives in Pa and he is definatly older and she lives in the area the paper comes from. So the next morning I call her up and thanked her, she tried for a good minute to deny it but I got it out of her that she has been working on it since sept. , getting parts,a new string,having it set up ect. I asked her why ,because I know she is a single mother and she could use the money that she spent on her family. her reply broke me down, she said " Because you desrve it,you work so hard to keep your family together,you have done without so they wouldn't have to, and people done the same for me so I thought you are the perfect canidate to pay it foward to"

This past Christmas has taught me alot about what friendship means,how there are people out there that are so selfless that they give a very expensive item away without thinking twice,and that there is still good in this world.

I should have posted this way earlier but having 2 jobs and trying to spend time with the family ect has put a serious crimp on time doing anything else.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Is it me or am I having deja vu, I swear I have read this before??

Liquid Red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Wow, what an awesome gift and touching story. Congrats on the new bow. Christmas really does bring out the best in some people.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Is it me or am I having deja vu, I swear I have read this before??
    Maybe, I can't remember anything anymore being that I am so busy lol. I wouldn't be surprised if I did post it before, but without pics,I just took those yesterday.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

You did post this before but without the pics

Its a touching story nontheless! I'm happy for you
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    Maybe, I can't remember anything anymore being that I am so busy lol. I wouldn't be surprised if I did post it before, but without pics,I just took those yesterday.
    Yea I was hoping that I was going to be someone who could see the future lol. But yea that is great I am happy for you bro, I know you will be ready for the bow hunting season this year and the bow looks great!!

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    I know you will be ready for the bow hunting season this year and the bow looks great!!
    Perhaps, in nj you have to go to a class for whichever take down method you use (bow,trapping,shotgun ect) if you never been licensed or taken the course for it before. so finding time for that will be a bitch.

A few questions for the Bow hunters.

Have any of you used the type of sight that is on mine? pros and cons

Do you have to use a release loop with the release, mine doesn't have one and I was wondering if I should bother having one put on or not?

Have any of you used arrow fobs instead of regular vanes? are they worth it or not?

red
    01 Mustang w/Chevy 5.3L

Good story and congrats on the bow!

You can use a release loop, I do, or you can attatch your release right below the arrow knock.

I use that style sight and have had good results. I don't have any experience with any other style.

I don't know what you're talking about with "arrow fobs". I shoot carbon arrows with regular fletchings.

Thread Information