Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Blue

Thumbs down Passenger gets DUI

WTF? Passenger here in pa gets a dui while the driver takes a bite of his samich,guess he steered the car for the driver for about 5 seconds,I think its time the cops need to get a freakin life.

i have never heard of something so stupid...passenger must have REALLY pissed off the cop..

Blue

nah every cop around here is DUI happy,I hate cops.

meanZ97
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado View Post
    nah every cop around here is DUI happy,I hate cops.
    i feel you. i hate cops down here.

$$ says that he will get off of the charges in court. its just a shame that he has to spend the money to fight an over-zealous officer.

BC

WTF? Passenger here in pa gets a dui while the driver takes a bite of his samich,guess he steered the car for the driver for about 5 seconds,I think its time the cops need to get a freakin life.
    Soo lets see the cops a jerk for ticketing the person operating the steering wheel who was drunk? The driver should have been issued a ticket also for being to fat to wait until he got home to eat.

However damn those cops...i mean im so sick of them doing the jobs they are payed by the public to do.....you know what lets write a letter to the president and tell him we do not need police. I think we are a strong enough society to police ourselfs?

Here print this out.

"Dear Mr. President

Please fire every police officer in America because sometimes cops become tired of stupid citizens doing stupid shit that kill innocent citizens. We are able to police ourselves now...We are big boys! I have personally stopped all the crime in my state and i also hear all the prisons are full of innocent people. You can free those people up when you get a chance after firing all those scum sucking cops. "

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

ITs a bullshit ticket .. how the fuck would a cop know that he was solely controlling the steering wheel ?He does not have eyes inside the interior .. had no way of seeing hands on the bottom of the steering wheel .. Lame

Ive done it before and for something like that Id do it again.. Id would straight up tell them to do their fuckin job protecting and serving the public.. while your writing a bullshit ticket wasting my time and your time as well as the taxpayers money for your car to run gas and ac while you dick around writing me a ticket.. your sorry ass couldve been busting someone robbing something .. stopping a rape or burglary .. theres soo many things out that need policing and dickhead lazy ass cops feel the need to nitpick and pull someone over for a bullshit reason hoping theyll get lucky and see something else to write up. My cousins a cop he tells me some of the stories the older lazy guys do its ridiculous.. fill that quota
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus View Post
    Soo lets see the cops a jerk for ticketing the person operating the steering wheel who was drunk? The driver should have been issued a ticket also for being to fat to wait until he got home to eat.

However damn those cops...i mean im so sick of them doing the jobs they are payed by the public to do.....you know what lets write a letter to the president and tell him we do not need police. I think we are a strong enough society to police ourselfs?

Here print this out.

"Dear Mr. President

Please fire every police officer in America because sometimes cops become tired of stupid citizens doing stupid shit that kill innocent citizens. We are able to police ourselves now...We are big boys! I have personally stopped all the crime in my state and i also hear all the prisons are full of innocent people. You can free those people up when you get a chance after firing all those scum sucking cops. "

Bigrus, defender of bullshit police actions everywhere, no matter the ridiculousness of the actions.

BC

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

is bigrus a cop or something?

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Bigrus is involved with law enforcement yes, just like I am.

In all fairness, what exactly are you all basing the validity or bullshit value of this stop on?

I didn't read enough to know which way to go on this. Was there a thread I missed? Touch the wheel, you ain't a passenger anymore, you are a DRIVER!!!

Here in NC, if the PASSENGER is the registered owner of the vehicle and the DRIVER is intoxicated, then the PASSENGER gets to share the wealth on the DWI charge. That's the law. Did that apply in this situation too?

Even if it didn't, if you are drunk do NOT under any circumstances touch the wheel of the car!!! Don't do that...period. Very easy rule to follow. He took the wheel so the driver could have a bite of a sandwich? If that is ALL that happened, I doubt the cop would have noticed. Something else is missing here, and my money is on it being something dumb done by either that guy on someone else in that car.

Anyone who has the ENTIRE story, let's share it and see if this holds water.

Seriously.

John (yep, a cop)

P.S. And for all you who hate cops, have a blessed day and let's be careful out there!

Blue

Yea that stupid cop prolly ruined that guys life for a few years if convicted,go out and get a real criminal

Black
    99 Z28

go out and get a real criminal
    Yeah! Do cops should do something REALLY constructive like this...

Impounded

silver
    02 modified z28

Whenever you take the steering wheel of a vehicle in motion you are in control of that vehicle.
    Don't blame the police. Blame the lawmakers. Police just enforce the rules.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse View Post

I bet they were very embarassed to have to do it!! I know I would be. But if the local government enacted an ordinance, they have to enforce it. It sucks sometimes, but remember the cops didn't make the ordinance. Probably got ordered to do it because a politician required it. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Still, it would seem some people would see some street justice in that for all those times bicyclists refused to allow traffic by in other areas. Ever been on the receiving end of that? Cars stop at stop signs (most of the time), why do bicyclists think they don't have to? Do ya feel me?

Impounded

silver
    02 modified z28

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse View Post
    Again, lets not be foolish here. Police enforce the rules developed by the lawmakers. Learn the difference. Lawmakers...Law enforcers.

Impounded

silver
    02 modified z28

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    I bet they were very embarassed to have to do it!! I know I would be. But if the local government enacted an ordinance, they have to enforce it. It sucks sometimes, but remember the cops didn't make the ordinance. Probably got ordered to do it because a politician required it. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Still, it would seem some people would see some street justice in that for all those times bicyclists refused to allow traffic by in other areas. Ever been on the receiving end of that? Cars stop at stop signs (most of the time), why do bicyclists think they don't have to? Do ya feel me?
    Thats makes all the sense in the world.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

We've been round and round on this cop issue. I think, just like everything else, we hear all the bad stuff and don't hear enough of the good stuff, kinda like the "lefty" news media. Bottom line; we all have "bad cop" stories.
    2000TA, ARCTIC WHITE, 6 SPD
    ALL THE USUAL STUFF
    A MILE HIGH & A SECOND SLOWER

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by odinsonthor View Post
    Thats makes all the sense in the world.
    Thanks dawg. I gots a pound for ya.

(Sorry, I'm having to work a "gangsta rap" concert this weekend. I'm trying to get psyched up).

Impounded

silver
    02 modified z28

Quote Originally Posted by TMF View Post
    We've been round and round on this cop issue. I think, just like everything else, we hear all the bad stuff and don't hear enough of the good stuff, kinda like the "lefty" news media. Bottom line; we all have "bad cop" stories.

Unfortunately that is true. I'm quite sure there are more positive police stories than negative. In fact , I am sure there are more positive police stories.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by odinsonthor View Post

Whenever you take the steering wheel of a vehicle in motion you are in control of that vehicle.
    Don't blame the police. Blame the lawmakers. Police just enforce the rules.
    Are the lawmakers responsible for the lack of common sense too ?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information