Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Oh my, need advice ASAP.

Can the dentist pull an infected tooth. I have a wisdom tooth coming through and drank last night to kill the pain. But it didn't kill the pain and today it is swollen and infected. I don't wish this pain onto my worst enemy, but I don't think they can pull a infected tooth. What are my opinions. I know they will give me antibiotics to kill the infection but I seriously need some ocycodone type shit, this fucker hurts worse then my elbow surgery.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

rapter34
    I woudl think so best thing to do is to call them.

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

Usually a dentist will give antibiotics til the infection is gone. I believe it has to due with dry sockets and further infection in the gums if you pull the tooth and the bacteria is still in there. I'm not sure. Never had it happen to me. My Dentist gave my vicodin then percocets when I had my wisdom teeth impacted and they couldn't pull them til they broke the gums

I can say impacted wisdom teeth hurt like a bitch and when they rip them out you have a huge hole to stick your tongue in

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

On hold now, see what they say. Never had dry socket, but had baby teeth pulled, 6 of them. They were cake walk compared to the pain right now. I can't believe the booze didn't help last night, just got worse and worse....

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

From what I have been told a dry socket is the worst pain you can experience in your mouth

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Funny you say that, I heard the same thing also.

Dry socket > < Your pain system

White
    '10 ZR1

I wouldn't sit here and chat about it, I'd get my a$$ in to the dentist's office!

When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, they took all 4 of them in one shot. I was really lucky, I didn't get dry socket. Good luck!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Well, I got off the phone. They can't pull it until the infection is gone so I need myclon...or something, can't remember. I called my brother and he has some thats about a month old and still good, so I am going to hit him up for some. Once the infection is gone, that bitch is coming out. Now I just need to find something for the pain, booze doesn't work at all, I took some Alieve (spell?) and that shit isn't working at all, took it about 30 min ago.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

first call ur dentist asap!
    if it just got infected and u havent let it sit for a long time then they should be able to give you antibiotics and pull the tooth, u said its a wisdom tooth? ew.. haha if its above the gum im pretty sure they can go it in a general dentistry office. good luck! that shit hurts, and i hate going to the dentist just for a cleaning... EW

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Well, I got off the phone. They can't pull it until the infection is gone so I need myclon...or something, can't remember. I called my brother and he has some thats about a month old and still good, so I am going to hit him up for some. Once the infection is gone, that bitch is coming out. Now I just need to find something for the pain, booze doesn't work at all, I took some Alieve (spell?) and that shit isn't working at all, took it about 30 min ago.
    you dont have any old pain killers from anything? call ur dentist back, tell them it REALLY hurts and u would like some pain medication. how many alieve did you take? i would have popped like 3 500mgs... im 5'4 125lbs and can take that...so im sure ure bigger then that.. u can take it too.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I'm 5'9 and about 145 lbs. I took 2 500mgs and thinking about taking more. I got pills from my bro. I have to take 8 a day until the infection is gone. It is above the gum, all of mine are. This sucks big time. Its finally not raining and I don't have the energy to detail my car like I should. And I am on my 2 day off of my 3 and now I am in too much pain to do anything. This is

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Try having a Nerve ending sticking out from a broken tooth....now thats the worse pain in mouth ever.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

The drug you are referring to is probably Amoxycillin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amoxicillin

I'ts used for fighting infections in the mouth particularly.

I had a dry socket infection when they pulled one of my wisdom teeth when I was in the Army (back at age 21). Picture late at night, dentist having to chisel the tooth into 4 pieces (I have very large teeth) and then pulling them out with dental pliers, 1 foot on the chair and all. it was the left upper 3rd molar. That side of my face swelled up twice it's normal size. It hurt like hell and I looked like a freak. It took 2 weeks to heal.

Yeah. I've got a few horror stories about dentists. 1 that fucked up a couple of teeth quite badly. It was fixable though.

Within the last month I had a tooth break. Went to the dentist and he said it wasn't salvegeable and had to be pulled. That's the 1st permanent adult tooth for me. I also am in the middle of having a crown fitted on another.

Isn't going to the dentist fun?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Yup, my cheek is about twice the size it should be. Look like a fucking chipmunk. Gum looks horrible, can I drink with Alieve, anyone know. Obviously your not suppose to drink with any meds but obviously people do it.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

I just got back from the dentist and they didnt charge an office visit. $29 for an xray but the filling they need to do is $289. Anybody know if that is a decent price?

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    The drug you are referring to is probably Amoxycillin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amoxicillin

I'ts used for fighting infections in the mouth particularly.

I had a dry socket infection when they pulled one of my wisdom teeth when I was in the Army (back at age 21). Picture late at night, dentist having to chisel the tooth into 4 pieces (I have very large teeth) and then pulling them out with dental pliers, 1 foot on the chair and all. it was the left upper 3rd molar. That side of my face swelled up twice it's normal size. It hurt like hell and I looked like a freak. It took 2 weeks to heal.

Yeah. I've got a few horror stories about dentists. 1 that fucked up a couple of teeth quite badly. It was fixable though.

Within the last month I had a tooth break. Went to the dentist and he said it wasn't salvegeable and had to be pulled. That's the 1st permanent adult tooth for me. I also am in the middle of having a crown fitted on another.

Isn't going to the dentist fun?

omg hearing that i almost passed out.

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Yup, my cheek is about twice the size it should be. Look like a fucking chipmunk. Gum looks horrible, can I drink with Alieve, anyone know. Obviously your not suppose to drink with any meds but obviously people do it.
    if my thinking is correct, i was almost told not to take that kinda stuff before i played any sports because it slows ur heart down, i dont thinking slowing ur heart down with those pain killers while drinking is a good idea, plus i think the pills plus the alcohol might make ur stomach hurt.

good luck with that tooth!!!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Thanks for the advice. Last time I took alieve was 7:30 am so its out of my system by now. I am taking clindamycin hcl 150 mg for the infection.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

i feel for you, just had my first root canal treatment last week. sucks.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Well, an update. Its 10:47 pm here. I have taken my infection meds and swished hot salt water about 6 times for 30 sec a time. It is getting better, swelling has went down noticebly. Still not out of the woods though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information