Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nurburgring

Red/Silver stripes
    2002 35th LE Camaro

The Nurburgring

Anything about any car that ran the track.

Red/Silver stripes
    2002 35th LE Camaro

I'll start: 2010 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR - should it's lap time stand as the current record even though it's production ended on June 1st of 2010 and posted the 7:12 in September of 2011? I think not, the title of fastest production car should go to a car that's still being built not one that has deceased for over a year when the time was recorded...

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

List Of Fastest Lap Times

Some very cool cars on there, however I think some of them had a scared driver and some had a terrific driver.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Ran it in 7:14 on forza 4 the other night in a F50 GT

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Ran it in 7:14 on forza 4 the other night in a F50 GT
    i've hit many walls there... did a little turfing...

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SSCamaroMan345 View Post
    I'll start: 2010 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR - should it's lap time stand as the current record even though it's production ended on June 1st of 2010 and posted the 7:12 in September of 2011? I think not, the title of fastest production car should go to a car that's still being built not one that has deceased for over a year when the time was recorded...
    I don't see the problem, it was a production car and is still readily available on the used market. I would be more interested to know that the ACR is a track ready car and many others on the list that posted times close to the ACR were fully-dressed street cars. Also it would be important to know which cars ran the track completely stock, vs. those who may have added an aftermarket tire or made tweaks to the suspension or software on the car that made the run.

White
    02 WS6

Don't know, but it is about 45 minutes from my house...and I've never been. Shame, shame on me...

dale

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i've hit many walls there... did a little turfing...
    Me too. You gotta break eggs to make an omelet

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by iam_dale View Post
    Don't know, but it is about 45 minutes from my house...and I've never been. Shame, shame on me...
    Indeed! You must go there before posting another message!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

The F50 GT would probably be much faster IRL. Forza 4s version of the track is horribly inaccurate. MANY MANY threads about it on the forza website. It's wider and a little longer to make multiplayer more fun. Personally I'd prefer an authentic experience.... maybe forza 5. While I haven't played it in ages, the GT5 version is much more true to life. Sadly i can't just jump into any car in GT5 and drive it so GT5 lost my interest as soon as i saw i could drive each and every car in forza on the ring without having to grind for credits to buy the cars first.

I've driven more than half the cars in the original version of forza 4 on the ring. I own all the DLC but my spreadsheet doesn't include DLC cars. Once i finish all the cars that came with the game i'll get a list of all the DLC and go back to drive them too.... yup that's hundreds of laps of the green hell.... since 2004 I've driven thousands of laps of this track in everything from the daihatsu midget to formula 1 cars. racked up many many laps in F-bodys too. 97 Z28, 00 SS, 02 WS6 and 02 SS spread across GT4,GT5,forza 3 and forza 4.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by SSCamaroMan345 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post
    I don't see the problem, it was a production car and is still readily available on the used market.
    I see where SSCamaroMan is coming from, but I agree with Blackbird. It was a legitimate production car and is still out there being resold and driven, so it still counts.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    The F50 GT would probably be much faster IRL. Forza 4s version of the track is horribly inaccurate. MANY MANY threads about it on the forza website. It's wider and a little longer to make multiplayer more fun. Personally I'd prefer an authentic experience.... maybe forza 5. While I haven't played it in ages, the GT5 version is much more true to life. Sadly i can't just jump into any car in GT5 and drive it so GT5 lost my interest as soon as i saw i could drive each and every car in forza on the ring without having to grind for credits to buy the cars first.

I've driven more than half the cars in the original version of forza 4 on the ring. I own all the DLC but my spreadsheet doesn't include DLC cars. Once i finish all the cars that came with the game i'll get a list of all the DLC and go back to drive them too.... yup that's hundreds of laps of the green hell.... since 2004 I've driven thousands of laps of this track in everything from the daihatsu midget to formula 1 cars. racked up many many laps in F-bodys too. 97 Z28, 00 SS, 02 WS6 and 02 SS spread across GT4,GT5,forza 3 and forza 4.
    I know that it is a big bigger than IRL, so was Forza 3. I couldnt get my bone stock zr1 anywhere near the 7.22 mark set by a real driver IRL. Hell even my R3 zr1 with 750ishhp and everything else upgraded only comes close to a 7.22.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post

I agree, that track is not right. It's gotta be longer. In 3 I swear there wasn't enough grip, seemed to have fixed that in 4. I have not done as many laps as you obviously, but I can place in the top 1% after a few laps on just about any race, except the R1, R2 cars, I never race those, so I'm not good with em. And I can get no where close to the times posted in real life.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I agree, that track is not right. It's gotta be longer. In 3 I swear there wasn't enough grip, seemed to have fixed that in 4. I have not done as many laps as you obviously, but I can place in the top 1% after a few laps on just about any race, except the R1, R2 cars, I never race those, so I'm not good with em. And I can get no where close to the times posted in real life.
    The grip feels the same as 3 to me. It is the same physics as 3 with some tweeking. I doubt you can place in the top 1% in S class or R3 around the ring. Some of those guys use full sims and sit there for days until they take every turn as perfect as possible.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

The grip feels the same as 3 to me. It is the same physics as 3 with some tweeking. I doubt you can place in the top 1% in S class or R3 around the ring. Some of those guys use full sims and sit there for days until they take every turn as perfect as possible.
    I guess I'll have to do it and post it up. Another thing that is wrong, the elevation doesn't change as much as it should.

Arctic White, red/gray

I guess I'll have to do it and post it up. Another thing that is wrong, the elevation doesn't change as much as it should.
    Agree you should, S or R3 class, get in the top 1% overall and I will .

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Agree you should, S or R3 class, get in the top 1% overall and I will .
    Sure, when I get some free time. Maybe Friday night or Sunday afternoon.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Couldn't wait, pushed some things back. Top 2% on the first lap, 2nd lap should reveal 5-6 seconds faster, should be top 1% time and I'll post it up when I do it.

Arctic White, red/gray

Couldn't wait, pushed some things back. Top 2% on the first lap, 2nd lap should reveal 5-6 seconds faster, should be top 1% time and I'll post it up when I do it.
    Yea I decided to test this as well and I ran it in the Mosler and got a 7.50 and was in the top 2% for R3 on a clean lap on the first lap. I think I was thinking about the Forza 3 ring lap times. Those ones were much faster and I could never get to the top 5% in forza 3. I guess I never ran it in free mode/ hot lap time in forza 4 as I have been playing world tour and rivals.

What car did you run it in and what time did you get?
    Last edited by Zinergy; 05-17-2012 at 05:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information