Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

New music. my oppinions on a couple new albums

Kid Rock--(cant remember album name, its upstairs and im lazy. ushould all know. google it or sumthin, it came out a couple days ago)
    This CD kinda blows. its all country... we all knew he was goin more in the country direction, but remember his first or second album with "bawitaba" and "american badass" on the next cd? well this cd has one good song, and the rest are pussy country songs that are gay as hell. i would reccommend not buying this cd unless u like hick-rock
    rating from AT

Alter Bridge--"Blackbird"
    Came out a few days ago also.
    Little background: you all remember creed right? with that druggie, scott stapp? yea... well if you didnt know (which u probably did), Alter Bridge is that whole band minus scott stap. the new singer has proved himself real good, but for a bit, the music didnt change much from creed. so it was kinda light/heavy rock that was slightly christian. NOW, in the new cd, blackbird, they got HeAVY AS HELL. id say the guitar/drums reminds me of lacuna coil a bit, maybe even disturbed, in flames, etc. real heavy with GREAT EQ'ing so it sounds badass on any stereo
    Anyways, the singer seemed to evolve greatly. He seemed to have just found the ability to really make his voice go higher pitched (no not in a gay way...). Much like queensryche, which to me is incredibly impressive. the choruses of almost EVERY song on the cd his voice sounds great, its all melodic, but u can rock out hard. dont take my word for it. go listen.
    One of the biggest songs on the album is "Rise Today" which is played on the radio everyday. great song. the rest are of the same nature or more heavy.
    I really wouldnt skip a song on this cd, its all great. But it could get repetitive if you dont have a long attention span, but its no different than listening to a whole disturbed cd.
    Overall i would reccommend goin out and buyin this cd... dont download it, cuz the quality isnt as good and you dont want to miss a single song. One of the best cds ive bought in a LONG time.
    Definitely a rating from AT

Sixx:A.M.--The Heroin Diaries
    This cd was a shocker. The song "Life is Beautiful" is played on the radio at least once a day now. Really heavy, but extremely melodic, great guitar player, singer is amazing, and guess what... bass player is Nikki Sixx
    Background: Nikki Sixx is obviously the creator of this album, the name was derived from all the band members' names. Dj Ashba, and James Micheal is where the A.M. came from, and obviously Sixx from Nikki Sixx's name. for you that dont know (you should be e-slapped), Nikki Sixx was the bass player and main songwriter for Motley Crue (who i have seen twice in concert within the last year and a half... amazing). Im not sure where the other 2 came from, i havent looked it up yet, but they are just as good with songwriting.
    The Heroin Diaries album name may scare you away if your against drug use... yes... nikki used to be a druggie, but hes cleaned up. thats what the album is about. its a whole story, not just a comilation of random songs. In a few of the songs there is narration... I think its Nikki speaking, but I'm not sure. It seems a little corny at first the way hes speaking, it reminds me of watching the movie "Sin City" listening to the narration like that. But after a few times of listening to the whole album, you REALLY REALLY learn to appreciate the actual poetry that was put into this whole story, this whole album. Listen with open ears to hear the whole story.
    Sounds like: I really wouldnt compare this band to anyone else. One apparent influence is Savatage (which most of you probably dont know about... and i doubt many of you will really understand what i mean, because its subtle. i got a good ear for this shit, but not everyone does). You hear a little motley crue in there too, but with a much more modern twist. i would bet my nuts that every one of their influences are 80's metal bands, but dont let that scare you away from the album. This is an extremely modern cd.
    This is definitely the #1 cd of the year for me. I would honestly go as far as saying the #1 for the decade. You may skip 2 or 3 out of the 13 tracks, but this cd will not bore you because it is in NO way repetitive. i could listen over and over again and not get sick of it.
    The emotion, heart, soul, great story and incredible songwriting, is an insane mix for an incredible cd. The guitar solo in the song "Anything Can Happen" is heartfelt like solos used to be. The main riff in "Heart Failure" makes you wanna beat somebodys ass"
    Just listen to the song "Life is beautiful" on youtube and you will get an idea.
    100% a x 11 rating from AT

Linkin Park--Minutes to Midnight
    yes i know this cd is not brand new, but i wanted to throw it on here briefly. Nothing like linkin park whatsoever . thats all i got to say.
    Im not sure on whether i like it or not because its not intolerable, its just not what i expected... therefore:
    Album gets a rating from AT

EDIT*****: i said the heroin diaries is heavy as hell... its relaly not THAT heavy. i just meant there are a cople songs on there that will relaly get u pumped. the album itself is significant more for the emotional (NOT EMO!!!) nature of it. you'd have to listen and know how to appreciate poetry, song structure, musical structure, in order to appreciate the cd. if your just like a "gimme something thats just heavy as hell and doesnt need any type of meaning in the songs" type of guy, dont even bother with this cd
    Last edited by ATCharming; 10-18-2007 at 09:11 PM.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

honestly dude, i think the nikki sixx songs are shit. heavy? we must have very different opinions on what that means. theres nothing profound or standoutish about this cd at all. it generic rock created by a hair metal bassist that did a buttload of drugs?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

ok so its not heavy by deathmetalist's standards.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

when i say heavy i mean heavy enough to get u pumped as hell, but not heavy enough to compltely disregard all melody.

you have to have a real appreciation for good song writing, song structure, and musical structure to appreciate that cd

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

also, i dont do drugs, but if i did, or if any of you do and end up getting this album, listen to "girl with golden eyes" and "courtesy call" right after each other while really stoned. (i wouldnt know what its like, but listening to the songs on headphones, they could get pretty trippy

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    ok so its not heavy by deathmetalist's standards.
    i hate death metal

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

when i say heavy i mean heavy enough to get u pumped as hell, but not heavy enough to compltely disregard all melody.

you have to have a real appreciation for good song writing, song structure, and musical structure to appreciate that cd
    dude, you need to listen to a tool cd, some fear factory, certain pantera songs if u wanna hear heavy and melody. the cd's you mentioned are neither heavy or particularly well written. they sound pretty poppy to me. generic rock if you will.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    dude, you need to listen to a tool cd, some fear factory, certain pantera songs if u wanna hear heavy and melody. the cd's you mentioned are neither heavy or particularly well written. they sound pretty poppy to me. generic rock if you will.
    tool gets boring as fuck after 5 minutes. its good for while your smoking salvia, and a song here and there. pantera is good, but its a completely different genre. maybe your misinterpreting the term "melody". dude music was my life, i steered away from it fora a few months but i know what im talking about. you couldnt imagine the type of stuff ive experienced. i know music more than almost anyone i know

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

tool gets boring as fuck after 5 minutes. its good for while your smoking salvia, and a song here and there. pantera is good, but its a completely different genre. maybe your misinterpreting the term "melody". dude music was my life, i steered away from it fora a few months but i know what im talking about. you couldnt imagine the type of stuff ive experienced. i know music more than almost anyone i know
    the fact that you find tool boring solidifies not only your age but you not knowing music all that well. you like a new nikki sixx album but tool is boring? that absolutely boggles my mind. you are probably one of the yahoos that likes metallicas latest albums too.

Are you gonna tell me that creed/alter bridge is better then NIN now?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

the one thing i may not know is today's interpretation of the word "heavy" since music is getting alot more heavy and it gets shittier and shittier the heavier it gets unless they really know what theyre doin, which they usually dont. i guess by todays standards for "heavy" the only good band would be arch enemy (hate the vocals, but the song structure and guitar leads and tones kick absolute ass)

btw, im also factoring in factory EQ settings. you wouldnt imagine how much that affects how good an album is. tool for example has amazing album eq'ing, processing, editing, mastering etc. lacuna coil has some of the best. these 2 albums i gave a thumbs up are perfect but not fake as hell sounding. its hard to explain

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    the fact that you find tool boring solidifies not only your age but you not knowing music all that well. you like a new nikki sixx album but tool is boring? that absolutely boggles my mind. you are probably one of the yahoos that likes metallicas latest albums too.

Are you gonna tell me that creed/alter bridge is better then NIN now?
    i can tlel u about quality but cant argue about opinion. tool is boring to me. its repetitive as fuck. muse is a perfect example of the opposite. muse kicks ass. no its not heavy, but thats excelent music right there. u may not like it, but quality-speaking, they have major talent. i hate NIN. doesnt mean i dont know anything about music. thats opinion right there. alter bridge is in no way more talented than NIN.

oh btw, i should add this. the new nikki sixx band is in no way more talented at their instrumnets than tool. tool has some of the best musicians, but as far as song structure goes.....

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

btw i saw metallica multiple times in concert, and they used to be my #1 fave band. the new album blows but ride the lightning was good shit.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

u dont get it... im discussing songwriting here. alter bridge isnt an amazing song writing band nor are they amazingly talented musicians (well the singer is. definitely). they just have a really good album.

sixx:a.m. are all good musicians. not the best, but they are good. where they kick ass is in the poetry of the lyrics and song structure

tool has amazing talent, but not much "melody" so to speak.

jack white is a great song writer right there. his new album blows, i have that too (btw i have every single cd that has come out within the last week, including all the gay disney ones. i bought the whole new cd rack at best buy and walmart. i have receipts to prove it... long story lol). hes a great songwriter, but he sucked this time around.

muse for example is kind of a get-it-all package. whether u liek them or not, thats a band that you can truly appreciate cuz they keep it different, they keep it catchy enough (not poppy...) so that you dont get bored (moreso for the general public than ppl with a real ear for talent, but w.e.), and they are all extremely good musicians.

idk if your getting what im saying or not yet.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Muse is cool, I've got some of there shit on my Ipod..... other than that I just listen to shit that makes me want to punch babies

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    Muse is cool, I've got some of there shit on my Ipod..... other than that I just listen to shit that makes me want to punch babies
    hahahahaa. arch enemy and in flames are good for that

alex is hogging this thread......ED!!!!!

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

tool has amazing talent, but not much "melody" so to speak.
    Tool is one of the most melodic bands currently making music in my opinion.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Tool is one of the most melodic bands currently making music in my opinion.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

they are good. but not MELODIC. its more... shit i dont even know how to describe it. theres nothin wrong with not being melodic, so dont think im knockin tool. i however think they are kindaboring and wouldnt be able to listen to a whoel album but thats justmy opinion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information