Thread: Never Forget

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Never Forget

Lets never forget the service men and women and their famlies that were efected by the event that took place 65 years ago today. Pearl Harbor, HI

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

December 7th, 1941, a date which will live in infamy....

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

thos F'ers payed for sure

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

that speech by FDR still is one of the best speeches i think ever written

2002 SS

Just my opinion but I don't really like the use of *never forget* here concerning the war in the pacific.
    *Never forget* is the long worn out euphemism concerning the jewish holocaust in the european theatre and suspiciously calculated to identify with what's going on now in Iraq involving the same people who brought *never forget* to mean *always will be* a war ... i.e. neo-neoconservatism.

The War in the Pacific and those who died there was/were truly *American.*

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Amen bro!

want a muscle car now
    1956 Hardtop (in pieces)

Quote Originally Posted by The Answer View Post
    Just my opinion but I don't really like the use of *never forget* here concerning the war in the pacific.
    *Never forget* is the long worn out euphemism concerning the jewish holocaust in the european theatre and suspiciously calculated to identify with what's going on now in Iraq involving the same people who brought *never forget* to mean *always will be* a war ... i.e. neo-neoconservatism.

I always took the "never forget" thing as a "don't back down", and don't soften. Never make something out to be less important than what it was and never forget those who gave their family and their life to protect our country, and never forget those who died in vain, helpless to protect themselves.

Yes forgiveness is important (important word coming up) AFTER the problem is solved, and the wrongs are righted.

But.....

Never forget what happened and can happen. History repeats itself, and you can learn from history.

Lets never forget the service men and women and their famlies that were efected by the event that took place 65 years ago today. Pearl Harbor, HI
    Amen, and those that serve and sacrafice today as well!

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

please dont tarnish that saying with your personal beliefs, that saying means exactly what it means to me

never forget what happened, goes along with 911, and holocaust so what.
    even tho i'm not jewish none of us should forget what happened then.

2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    please dont tarnish that saying with your personal beliefs, that saying means exactly what it means to me

never forget what happened, goes along with 911, and holocaust so what.
    even tho i'm not jewish none of us should forget what happened then.

How can you forget with what's going now and has been since Pearl.

You should say *In Remembrance of Pearl Harbor* becuse as far as I can tell this great & somber moment hasn't been tarnished by anything with zionist written all over it ... not a personal a belief ... a reality ...

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

^i'd edit that before you get a stun, i got a stun / warning for a post like that

Answer, no one has a monopoly on "never forget".
    We better never forget appeasement to Hitler in the '30s (even if you love the right and hate the left), Pearl (my mother's oldest brother went down on the USS West Virginia), the Holocaust (even if you hate Israel/Jews), Soviet mass starvations, relocations and gulags (even if you love the left and hate the right). The list could go on and on with 20th century events alone.

In my opinion, enough people have either forgot, never learned or let their politics cloud history to where it will indeed repeat itself. Big time.

That's just my opinion.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

^ i agree

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by dock View Post
    We better never forget appeasement to Hitler in the '30s (even if you love the right and hate the left), Pearl (my mother's oldest brother went down on the USS West Virginia), the Holocaust (even if you hate Israel/Jews), Soviet mass starvations, relocations and gulags (even if you love the left and hate the right). The list could go on and on with 20th century events alone.

In my opinion, enough people have either forgot, never learned or let their politics cloud history to where it will indeed repeat itself. Big time.

That's just my opinion.

It's a tough call and the most sincere humanity that humans can offer.
    But they don't.

We're trapped in a merry go around of evil and depravity so profound and so perpetual that goodness is now a terrible resolve.

You think I'm harsh?

Try to imagine a world where we didn't have to honor the dead and for thier heroics.

There would be know heros .. just zeros ... a much more frightening prospect for humanity ...

This is the new age of neo-neoconservatism which will be followed by neo-neo-conservatism upon the conclusion of WWIII ...

However you did speak of the answer ~ politics is the cloud shrouding history from us so it will repeat ..

want a muscle car now
    1956 Hardtop (in pieces)

It's a tough call and the most sincere humanity that humans can offer.
    But they don't.

We're trapped in a merry go around of evil and depravity so profound and so perpetual that goodness is now a terrible resolve.

You think I'm harsh?

Try to imagine a world where we didn't have to honor the dead and for thier heroics.

There would be know heros .. just zeros ... a much more frightening prospect for humanity ...

This is the new age of neo-neoconservatism which will be followed by neo-neo-conservatism upon the conclusion of WWIII ...

However you did speak of the answer ~ politics is the cloud shrouding history from us so it will repeat ..

I am not sure if I am illiterate or if this is just jibberish, but I am not making sense out of this???

Black
    2001 Trans-AM WS6

This isn't the political/debate forum why even start your diarrhea of the keyboard in the this thread?

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by dock View Post

That's just my opinion.
    +1
    A lotta stuff happened then which blows your mind. I met a guy yesterday taht fought in WWII. he was telling me some of his stories. I wish I coulda talked to him for hours.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea you guys shitted up this thread pretty quick

2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 56car View Post
    I am not sure if I am illiterate or if this is just jibberish, but I am not making sense out of this???
    You need to get past Dr. Suess first.

Thread Information