Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Angry need neighbor advice

Okay, so I just bought a twin home which is great, built in 04' nice country area 2 car garage, 4 bedrooms 2 baths big yard very nice. Well the first day we moved in, the neighbor's F-150 was parked so half of his truck was over in our side of the drive way, I think he got used to parking it that way cause the house was empty for a year, also when he has his truck over that far he has enough room to pull out both of the cars in his garage without having to move his truck. The thing that sucks is I barely have enough room to get out and open the drivers door when I have both of our caddys in the driveway. It really pisses me off I actually have to slide over to the passenger side door and get out. So I knocked at the door for the next two days to talk to the guy and they would'nt answar "bunch of pussys" finally the third day after we moved in I put a note under his windsheild wipers nicely saying we have 4 cars we have to park here and could you please move your truck. After he got the note he moved it and everything was all good. Well last night I was warming up my car and brushing the snow off, then I finally see this fat black guy that happens to be my neighbor for the first time come walking out to start his truck. He introduces him self and shakes my hand, and talks to me for about 5 minutes. The guy seemed real nice but then before he walks away he says "you seem like nice neighbors, glad you guys moved in, then in kind of a weird tone he says "you never know what kinda neighbor's your gonna get" Well later that night after I came home from my family's on Christmas eve the asshole's truck was parked right where it used to be halfway on my drive way . I dont understand why he stopped for like a week after getting my note, but when I finally met the guy he goes and does that again, its kinda like he was stick'in it to me and saying F-U by puting his truck back there. I'm really stuck on what to do, I could complain to the association about this guy and get him in trouble, but I dont know if I should, after all I bought this place and obviously will be living next door to the guy for some time. Any ideas on what I should do next would be great, this bs is stressing me out.
    - Jason
    Last edited by 1 RedHot TransAm; 12-25-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Black
    1998 Ford F-150

Confront him one more time. He could have just forgotten. Like you said earlier in your post, he obviosly is used to parking that way. It's not like you haven't tried to reason with him. If he's still a douchebag, report him.

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

Walk over ot his house with a cooler of beer and say you watchin the game tonight? then invite him over or somethin. why start a big deal out of it... your just gonna make it a constant contest to see who can piss the other neighbor off the most if you try smartin off to him. I'd rather be friends with a big black dude than enemies...

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Just fake it, and be as nice as possible to him and ask nicely as you can, even though it sucks. You will be there for quite a while, make the best of it.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Talk to the guy cause maybe hes just that stupid and forgets shit.
    When i first moved into my condo, one of the neighbors daughters boy friend used to park in my spot.
    After telling him 5 times not to park there and him still doing it, i knocked on the neighbors door soaking wet because one day it was down pouring and i had to park half a block away. I expressly told the neighbor that day that if he parks there again 1) at the next condo meeting im gonna bring the issue up as its my deeded spot hes parking in and make a point of you getting the $50 fine per offense and2) i will also call the city tow truck and have him towed.
    Fucker never parked there again.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

put it up on jack stands lulz

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I would talk to him face to face, first before doing anything. Forget the notes. Its one of two things, he either thinks you are magoo nice and not going to do shit about it, or he may have just forgotten. Talking to him face to face will let him know you are not magoo nice, not going to be run over by him and if he just forgot talking to him in person will help him not to forget again. Be cool about it, but don't let him get the impression this is acceptable either. If he persists after talking to him face to face, then you got a problem and probably will have to talk to the HOA about it.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I don't think I have ever seen a shared driveway. Sh1tty design if ya ask me. Why don't you try talking to the association about possibly splitting the driveway with pavers?

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

talk to the guy. story time.

the place that i own is a duplex and has a shared driveway with the neighboring house. it sucks balls. several different tenants next door would park in the driveway even though i told them that they couldn't because i (and my tenants) can't get out. never phased these people and the cops wouldn't do anything because it was on private property. i'd have them towed but then i'd have to pay for it.

fast forward and over the summer nobody lived next door which was really nice. we got new neighbors a couple weeks ago. first day they were moving in the dude had his car parked in the driveway (unloading stuff). it had just snowed so i was shoveling the sidewalk. i waited for him to come out. when he did i said hello and introduced myself and frankly said that it was a shared driveway and as courtesy for everyone that nobody could park in it since nobody really knows when anyone is coming or going. keep in mind that you never really know what kind of neighbors you will get.

the guy was kool about it. we talked about the neighborhood and when trash day was and the like and so far there has been no problem. he has parked close to the line...but has never parked in such a manner that i or my tenants were parked in.

so...long story short. just talk to the guy about it again. if he doesn't get it after that then either play his game or be the bigger person and go and talk to the nazi's at the hoa.

2011 Prius

Just beat his ass to the point he can't drive or steal his car, problem solved.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

if he is always being a dick just kill him with kindness win win for you in my opinion and it makes the other person feel like complete shit, but imo I would just go have a chat with him!!!

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Wait for him to move his truck. Park so you are on his side. Then be all, yeah biatch, who's inconvenienced now mutha fucka!! He will think your crazy and never mess with or talk to you again.

On the other hand, be nice helps a lot to. We share a driveway with our neighbor. We both park perfect and be nice to each other. Take turns clearing snow out in the winter. The only problem for me, is he has a lot of friends, who for one reason or another park in the street across the end of the driveway, blocking the exit completely. Luckily every time I've had to get out, they have all been cool about it and I stayed in a calm demeanor.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

chain concrete blocks to his wheels

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Park one of your cars were he parks the truck.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Wait for him to move his truck. Park so you are on his side. Then be all, yeah biatch, who's inconvenienced now mutha fucka!! He will think your crazy and never mess with or talk to you again.

On the other hand, be nice helps a lot to. We share a driveway with our neighbor. We both park perfect and be nice to each other. Take turns clearing snow out in the winter. The only problem for me, is he has a lot of friends, who for one reason or another park in the street across the end of the driveway, blocking the exit completely. Luckily every time I've had to get out, they have all been cool about it and I stayed in a calm demeanor.
    now see that is a kool neighbor. wish i had neighbors like that. i once had a neighbor that actually pushed his snow out of his driveway, across the street, and into my front yard. my dad just about killed him.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    now see that is a kool neighbor. wish i had neighbors like that. i once had a neighbor that actually pushed his snow out of his driveway, across the street, and into my front yard. my dad just about killed him.
    If that happend in north carolina I would be like fuck yea more snow for me biatch hahahaha...

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    True story...couple years ago, neighbors across the street, now moved away and got good people in there. But anyways, they just bought this brand new john deere rider lawn mower, and got a blade for it with chains on the tires etc. Well, first big snow they were having a blast. And no joke, they plowed their entire YARD and pushed it accross the street, to the curb in front of our house. I was too busy laughing at the fact he had just plowed his yard to be mad though. City plow came by and saw the pile and stopped to make several passes and fixed it pretty good anyways. But that still takes the cake.

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

Valve Stem Core Remover

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by infantryws6 View Post
    Valve Stem Core Remover
    Another true story, we removed two rear stem cores, and deflated tires completley. Put the cores back in and left. No joke here...next thing I know there is a roll back comming in and hauling it away. Some people are clueless. This was payback on a friend...he wasn't amused.

white
    98 trans am

welp let him know about it and tell him he doesnt need to be an ass, if that doesnt work dress up in white sheets and pay him a visit......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information