Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Cool my trip to the Vegas...aka "the trip of the Shoulda's"

So I came back from the Vegas last week, and i'm only now getting around to lamenting my story of thrills and what not =) I call this "The trip of the Shoulda's" b/c i said "damn, i shoulda done X" pretty much every other line while playing roulette, or taking a cab, or working the trade show.

My day job, jaap-orr advertising, represented our client, LINK Tools at the las vegas STAFDA convention. We set up a big booth that I designed and crammed 3 of us into it to BS about these really cool new tools that are coming out next year. We were hit and miss on all the passers by...as the convention appealed to more than just hand-tool people, but to construction, metal, cutting, drilling...you name it, it was there, but very limited car stuff The people who stopped at the booth thought it was a brilliant idea: a tool with a locking mechanizm that prevents extensions and bits from coming apart. We ended up taking a few potential distributors to some excellant restaraunts [i'm talking like 500$ dinner bills...sooo much money!]

The hotels are freakin indescribable and you have to pay an arm and a leg for EVERYTHING! I went to work out in the gym: 20$ for a pass..fuck that. YOu go to take a piss, you gotta pay the fucker a buck b/c he hands you a towl...it's not like he shook it for me ya know? Even the ferrari dealership demands 10$ at the door to come in and see thier show room. The Hilton charges 12$ per day to use the interent and 4$ for bottled water!

FUCK UM! I turned 80$ into 660$ On the roulette tables. Fuckin' 10$ minimum was harsh, I played it safe; red n black, all the outside shit. I ended up making a shit load of cash b/c of playing the zeros...i'd just get the urge that they were about to hit, played them for a few rounds, then BOOM! I probably hit them 5 times over the whole trip. I saw a couple people play real big, slamming 100's down on a color or a number...one guy hit #24 with a 25$ chip...made like 875$...i almost fainted!

One day i went to the Sahara and adjacent to it was "The GM Drive Experience" where you could pay 10$ to take a c6 around the road course and an h2 off road. They were really pricks about the c6's! It was such a tiny course, you couldn't go over 45 and he said "don't push it in the curves" (the driver road with you). Frankly i think that the vettes they used were downtunned b/c the 05 gto i drove felt like it had a shit load more power from first to 2nd, and this vette just didnt' have the OMG, PLEASE SLOW DOWN! feeling like our fbods do. Frankly, i think any of us could slam one on the road, but like i said i couldn't get out of 2nd or past 45 so i don't know what their top end was like. On the other hand, the H2 was fucking incredible. They let you drive it in low 4x4 and you first climb over an 18" log, onto dirt, then get tossed back n' forth on these massive 45 degree moggles on either side, then scale a HUGE hill in the middle of it all, you're literally at 45 degree angle, looking striaght up and then it plateu's off and you go back down the otherside looking straight down. Freaking amazing what that truck could do STOCK!

My camera died at the beginning of the trip; so I only got a few pix:

Shot of clouds:
    Click for full size

Shot of clouds disappearing [somewhere over kansas]
    Click for full size

Our hotel, the Las Vegas Hilton
    Click for full size

My nitrous powered shitter...this thing had so much power that it could probably inhale small, unsuspecting children if they weren't careful!
    Click for full size

Cool view from my room.
    Click for full size

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

That is one impressive shitter!

Thread Information