Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

My tiny good deed

My tiny but incredible good deed begins like this......as some of you may know im a cat person. but the deed starts like this:

Im a truck driver, and had problem after problem unloading yesterday. what was supposed to be a day that lasted until 5pm, turned into a day that lasted till 2am today ....but as i got held up at place after place, i was furious. and pissed off all at once. i get to this place in fairmont, minnesota (15 miles from st paul) and this place is similar to food waste in anamosa ia....they take scrapped food, candy,treats that is not consumable by people, grind it and introduce it to feed and feed it to live stock, horses, and other animals...well im siitting at this place for 3 hours. and im getting cooped up in my truck so i take a walk. watch the guys ahead of me load so i know what i have to do (never loaded at a place like this) well i see a few cats running around, but their too wild to even look at almost.

well i walk up to the scale where we load at and see a pit next to it. it is where excess feed drops into and is then cleaned up and reloaded. well i see a pile of this dust/feed in the corner, and a blob in the middle of it. looked like a bunched up rag or something....it looked weird to me so i just kept staring at it....and it moved a tiny bit.....so i reach down and grab it, and out pops tiny little legs. and a head pops up and starts sneezing. it is a tiny kitten. no older than 2 weeks, as his eyes just recently opened, and his ears are still folded. as im picking it up to put in my truck he is sneezing and weezing really bad. ( i would too if i was face down in a pile of powdery feed) i take him to my truck and try to dust him off with my hands....chunks and chunks of feed are falling off him. i didnt think he had much of a chance to be honest for the sneezing/coughing/weezing he was doing....i get all my stuff situated at this place, get loaded and begin my 3 hour trip to get unloaded. i had nothing at all in my truck to contain him, so in my lap he went for the 3 hour drive.

so i get going and had to put him on the passenger seat while i shift and what not. get it up to speed set cruise and put the little guy in my lap. he immediatly curls up and passes out. so he was in my lap for about 2 hours, when he started perking up. kicking, and starting to scream like an actual kitten now. so im actually happy cuz of this, but kinda stressed cuz i cant put him down cuz he starts screaming more. so i toughed it out got to the place to unload. and asked for a box. which they gacve me one. i put him in it and he screamed bloddy murder, but i can safley keep him in one spot now without worrying that he will fall off the seeat. so i hurry my ass to get my truck dropped off...made a trip to walmart to get a nursing bottle and formula for him, as he was trying to nurse on my shirt, my fingers, anything that was soft for him to try to latch on to he did...got him ome. and got him some formula. which he slammed down like a yaeger bomb.

so i kinda pet him and wrap him up in a towel in his box and watch him pass out...but it was kinda cute cuz right before he passed out he looked up at me and let out the tiniest meow before he dropped his head and fell asleep.

now im working on 5 hours of sleep, i cant sleep any longer due to my curiousity to see if hes doing ok. i open the bathroom (where i put his little box to keep our other pets from getting ahold of him) he opened his tiny little eyes and let out a tiny meow again as if he was saying hi...so that was all i needed to make me feel better. got him a bottle again which he slammed down, and now hes in his box again next to me as i type this whole thing up.

i sometimes can come off as a hard ass, or even a dick as ive been called. but most people dont know that im like a damn cat whisperer or something, as cats are just drawn to me for some reason. my wife tried holding him, and he wanted nothing to do with her. but i pick him up, curls up in my hand and nestles into my shirt. and out like a lite bulb LOL

but yeah i just hought id share thiss tory, as well i saved a life yesterday. and it makes me happy. all the shitty things that happened yesterday, and me still being pissed bout my rim on my camaro went away when i found this little guy which is appropriatly named Dusty

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

The wife rescued a kitten a 1year ago when it was just 6 weeks old. Im not a cat person but hes pretty cool still have him.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Awww, he's so cute! You did good I would have done the same.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

well if i didnt do anything, he couldnt have live much longer...breathing in the feed dust (the stuff even will make me choke from time to time) but him literally laying face down in it and had no where to go.....so yea i feel as tho i did the right thing

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

cute kitty. you got a friend for life now.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

That's awesome man!! I wonder how he ended up there in the first place?

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

my guess would be its mother dropped it there or something.....but it had been there for a while to be completely covered in feed from head to toe....like it literally had half an inch of feed on it....pretty sad. im just still kinda proud of my self for being in the right place at the right time and happened to look there. cuz it was a pit and the kitten was in the corner too. no light on it. kinda weird to find it. but stuff happens for a reason right?? atleast i believe in that

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

You should check out the raulsten purina loading area...or the rendering plant. Racoon city!!

Any ideas as to what you will name the little scamp?

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

lil guy has been named Dusty....haha

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

whats the moral of the story....all dicks love pussy! ok ok I had to say it. Great job! I am not big into most adult cats, there are a few over the years I liked but not many. Kittens are great I like them but once they grow up and develop their personalities is when I start dislikeing them. I prefer ferrets boatloads of laughs no matter their age.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

10 cool points to you man! Nice save!

01 modded gtp

Nice you got some good karma coming your way

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

a little update today... she is doing really good now. can slam a bottle like noones business....and will pass out shortly after. it pisses my wife off that this happens tho. she can watch lil dustie, and she can be asleep while my wife is talking or whatnot. all i have to do is come in the room and say hey, and lil dustie wakes up screaming crying wanting me to hold her. i think its funny

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

So, I guess you found out that he was a she

Good to hear she is getting comfortable with her new surroundings. Yup, she's your kitty. You saved her and she knows it

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    So, I guess you found out that he was a she

Good to hear she is getting comfortable with her new surroundings. Yup, she's your kitty. You saved her and she knows it
    she is a daddys girl .

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

good job dude man bro

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

lol yeah...he is a she.....thats why i had that neutral of a name...dusty for boy. dustie for girl....yea she is pretty cool. and she is totally mine also, haha

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

my lil kid is doing really good now. still slamming bottles like shots, and shes starting to go "potty" on her own, instead of having to rub her to stimulate her parts to go potty for her. really perking up, loves to do barell rolls in your lap, and loves to head butt you..i caught her sitting infront of the tv staring at it yesterday but couldnt snap a pic in time. shes gonna be a fun kitty i can see it already

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

She's a lucky little kitty to have you

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

thanks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information