Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Unhappy My Sled goes down in the final round!!

Well, I am back after my 4 day vacation to U.P. Michigan. Took my 98 XCR H.O Polaris with 2,600 miles up there. (Bone Stock) I had some good runs, and this was the last trip of the year so I pushed it hard and it pushed back even harder. Had it up to around 108 -110 mph for about a mile or so and a hour after that she was done for. I ended up blowing all 3 base gaskets (gasket that seals the cylinders to the engine block) and 2 head gaskets. I ended up doing some crazy work up there and made my own gaskets which lasted about 30 mins of hard riding til they blew again. I then decided to shut the trip down. Crank was submerged fully in antifreeze so I pulled the 3 drain plugs and filled it up with oil to counter act the coolant. Guess I will have to wait til next year and when the maros done, to get it back in tip top shape. Only had 700 miles on it since I bought it
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

blue
    83 mustang 347

please explain exactly wtf you are talking about?

Wish I had an LS1. kickflippin1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ztrouble View Post
    his snowmobile. he was talking about this trip in another thread. went up to the u.p in michigan.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Um, snow mobiling? Sled? You know... a thing you ride in the snow. His sled blew up on him cause he rode it way to hard for way to long. SOunds like a good time, but dude! You can not hold them sleds wide open for a long period of time. Where abouts up north in MI were you?

blue
    83 mustang 347

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Um, snow mobiling? Sled? You know... a thing you ride in the snow. His sled blew up on it cause he rode it way to hard for way to long. SOunds like a good time, but dude! You can not hold them sleds wide open for a long period of time. Where abouts up north in MI were you?
    oh sorry... we just got snow down here for the first time in like 5 years and it only stayed for two days lol

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

oh sorry... we just got snow down here for the first time in like 5 years and it only stayed for two days lol
    Yea, I figured thats why you had no idea. Snow is rain the freezes just so you know

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

We stayed in the Best Western in Houghton/Hancock and rode to Copper Harbor. About 2 miles from Copper on the over looking hill is where it was done the first time. I drank silly at Copper Habor while waiting for my 2 buddies to bring back the truck and tow strap. I was riding it hard but didn't hold it wide open for more then 2 or 3 seconds at a time and then back on, then back off. Oh well, it was obviously more then it could take.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    We stayed in the Best Western in Houghton/Hancock and rode to Copper Harbor. About 2 miles from Copper on the over looking hill is where it was done the first time. I drank silly at Copper Habor while waiting for my 2 buddies to bring back the truck and tow strap. I was riding it hard but didn't hold it wide open for more then 2 or 3 seconds at a time and then back on, then back off. Oh well, it was obviously more then it could take.
    Yea, gotta be careful with your thumb. I cant believe I didnt blow my buddies 600 up. It got abused bad. My buddies dad got stuck WAAAAAYYYYY out in the pipeline of the woods where you are not supposed to ride(3 feet of snow, that has never been touched, you literally SINK when you stop or TRY to turn around) and his dumbass held the little 600 WOT for 30 to 60 seconds at a time before we found him. Sledding is one of the best times you can have in cold winter months of MI.

blue
    83 mustang 347

so why are the engines so fragile? jw

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Yea, gotta be careful with your thumb. I cant believe I didnt blow my buddies 600 up. It got abused bad. My buddies dad got stuck WAAAAAYYYYY out in the pipeline of the woods where you are not supposed to ride(3 feet of snow, that has never been touched, you literally SINK when you stop or TRY to turn around) and his dumbass held the little 600 WOT for 30 to 60 seconds at a time before we found him. Sledding is one of the best times you can have in cold winter months of MI.
    I fucking love it. We go out and about all the time off trail (as long as its not private property and off limits) and carve/boondock all the time. I got super stuck in about 5 feet of snow this year, poor little 3/4 inch track couldn't do shit without enough momentum. First time ever drinking up there and it was super fun but I would never drink and ride and see hundreds doing it. Kinda scares me a little bit.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

so why are the engines so fragile? jw
    Because my engine never sees below 8,000 rpms when riding. It doesn't even move until around 4,200 rpms like a stall. They see alot of abuse in a short amount of time. I ride 2 stroke, love it. Haven't rode a 4 stroke yet but I'm good with my 2.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I fucking love it. but I would never drink and ride and see hundreds doing it. Kinda scares me a little bit.
    Guilty

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Not good sir, not good. I could maybe see 1 or 2 beers just to relax and then take it easy but I saw 8 guys pound down around 70 drinks or so and go balastic (spell?) thats super stupid in my book. I'm by far no saint, so I can't bash anyone but when it comes to sleding, I stay 100% sober all the time. Where in MI are you Hi-Po.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Not good sir, not good. I could maybe see 1 or 2 beers just to relax and then take it easy but I saw 8 guys pound down around 70 drinks or so and go balastic (spell?) thats super stupid in my book. I'm by far no saint, so I can't bash anyone but when it comes to sleding, I stay 100% sober all the time. Where in MI are you Hi-Po.
    Im way down in the south east corner.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Im way down in the south east corner.
    Damn, I was going to say maybe next year if you ride or have your own sled that we could meet up and do some ridin. Thats a ways away but me and my buds drive around 7 hrs or so.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Damn, I was going to say maybe next year if you ride or have your own sled that we could meet up and do some ridin. Thats a ways away but me and my buds drive around 7 hrs or so.
    I hopefully we not be living in MI this time next year! Plan on quiting my job and going to work on big ole wind mill's.

White
    '10 ZR1

I was up by Spooner two weekends ago - by Chief Lake Lodge - we had a great time!

I've got a '05 Polaris Fusion - and I'm pretty sure I've held it wide open for way too long quite a few times, but, so far so good...........and knock on wood

White
    '10 ZR1

I hopefully we not be living in MI this time next year! Plan on quiting my job and going to work on big ole wind mill's.
    There's quite a few here in MN and IA...........sounds like it will be job security!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    There's quite a few here in MN and IA...........sounds like it will be job security!
    They are everywhere. Its gonna blow up 15 times larger then it is right now. My brother just got a job with Siemens Power. 20+ an hour. ALL THE OVERTIME he wants. Full benefits, one of the best pension around. Plus, if you wait it out, you can really pick where you want to live.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

They are everywhere. Its gonna blow up 15 times larger then it is right now. My brother just got a job with Siemens Power. 20+ an hour. ALL THE OVERTIME he wants. Full benefits, one of the best pension around. Plus, if you wait it out, you can really pick where you want to live.
    That's going to be my backup if the economy sticks it to me, since I work in land development.... I see about 10-12 trucks a day going up Hwy 75 in OK with big 'ol windmill blades in tow... We are the 8th top wind producer in the country

THE TOP TWENTY STATES for wind energy potential, as measured
    by annual energy potential in the billions of kWhs, factoring in
    environmental and land use exclusions for wind class of 3 and higher.

1 North Dakota 1,210 11 Colorado 481
    2 Texas 1,190 12 New Mexico 435
    3 Kansas 1,070 13 Idaho 73
    4 South Dakota 1,030 14 Michigan 65
    5 Montana 1,020 15 New York 62
    6 Nebraska 868 16 Illinois 61
    7 Wyoming 747 17 California 59
    8 Oklahoma 725 18 Wisconsin 58
    9 Minnesota 657 19 Maine 56
    10 Iowa 551 20 Missouri 52

Source
    : An Assessment of the Available Windy Land Area and Wind Energy Potential in the Contiguous United States, Pacific Northwest Laboratory, 1991.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information