My mom's friend is in need of a pace maker.. the city raised enough money to get her one but now it's not working any longer.... she needs your help to raise funds. please anything you can donate to her is better than nothing. i encourage you to do your part and help her.

Please email her for more information (her email is at the bottom of this post)

as well as a link to her caringbridge.org page

Please post this where you think it will do some good... this is NOT a chain letter NOR a hoax... this is the real deal so please help save a life

Here's her story:

My name is Diane Martin. I am 47 years old. I have been married to my husband Jerry for 29 years.He takes very good care of me, He is an above knee amputee. We have been blessed with 2 beautiful daughters and a son-in law as of May 15. They are Melessa Laster and Crystal and Kevin Bryant. I have 2 sweet grandchildren Zackary, 4 was born in Dec. 2002 while I was fighting to live. In May 2004 I was blessed with a granddaughter, Mackenzie, almost 3. I have a step-grandaughter Promise,7. I am a very proud Nana. My family has been the greatest gift God could have given me.They never let me down and never let me give up. In 1985 I broke my ankle and had to have surgery. Somehow my sural nerve was cut. I walked with crutches. In 1990 I had to see an orthopedic doctor for pain in my back.He checked my back and ankle. He told me I had developed a neuroma where the nerve was cut. In 8 months he operated 4 times to remove it, but it would come back. We had to stop, we had already removed 10 inches of the nerve. The surgeries weakened my immune system. In 1997 I was diagnosed with an IGG immune deficiency. I have fought infections all my life. My body does not make the antibodies I need to fight infections. I take Gamma-Globulin blood plasma treatments every 3 to 4 weeks. The side effects are similar to that of chemo. I have nausea, vomiting, chills, sweats, and pain in my body. It makes me want to quit. I have to stay in the hospital-URMC overnight. I started taking them in March 1999 and will do it for the rest of my life. I started having gastro problems in 1998. I would get worse then better. My last normal meal was Oct. 30,2002. This time it did not get better. I was diagnosed with gastroparesis. My stomach had quit pumping . In Dec. 2002 I developed a blood infection and was in ICU. My fever was 105 degrees. After getting out of ICU, I asked to be transferred to Piedmont Hospital. When I got there a gastroenterologist came to see me. He told me about a device called a gastric pacemaker. The pacemaker would make my stomach pump. Since getting sick I had hope. We had problems with my insurance.They refused to pay for it, they said it was experimental. Without it I would die. But thank God for friends. Peggy Pack, owner of Big Chic called and offered to help. They donated 20% of their profits for that month. My community held fundraisers. My pastor Garth Forster challenged the First Baptist Church and community to donate and help save my life. I knew God was with me. People whom I knew and some I had never met came through to help me. It was the most awesome feeling. The hospital agreed to do the surgery if we could get $40,000. It would cost about $60,000. I had repeated blood infections. Everytime I got an infection my central line would have to be changed. I do get frustrated but I fight it. By Dec. 2003 my community had raised $42,000. The doctors scheduled the surgery for Dec. 23, 2003. Before the day got here I had a blood clot go to my lung. I had to have more tests. They found more clots and I was put on blood thinners. I ended up in ICU and my surgery was postponed. It was rescheduled for Feb.11, 2004. This time we got it. I didn’t know what to expect, but I was happy. I eventually had to have my G-tube and J-tube removed due to infection. I had to eat even if I felt bad. I am on a low residue diet, which is food that can be easily digested. The pacemaker has not done all I hoped, but I had to wait so long for the surgery. I am still not able to eat like I need to. I have nausea all the time. I have a lot of body pain. I started having seizures due to the high fevers and infections. I am on medication, but I still have small seizures. I have had blood transfusions and my teeth pulled because of poor nutrition and low iron. I don’t know what God has in store for me but my health problems continue and so do my medical bills. I give my doctors a real challenge because we never know what is going to happen. I am not giving up. Please keep praying for me. I am worn out physically and mentally but spiritually I get stronger. If you have never been saved and given your life to the Lord you may not understand what I am saying. I feel the presence of God like when I first accepted him as my Lord and Savior. My medical fund is open at First National Bank under Diane Martin. The address is

PO Box 10 Barnesville, GA 30204
Thanks again to everyone who has helped me in anyway. Without you I would not be here. May God continue to bless you. I hope my story will help someone.

Diane Martin martin831@bellsouth.net

Website-www.caringbridge.org/visit/dianemartin

Read my story,my journal , and my guestbook, leave me a message, and include your

e-mail address.