NBM
    '00 Z28

mustang owner having a change of heart.

Looks like we might have one coming over from the dark side. Look at the advice people on a Stang site are giving.

http://www.tcstangs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34746

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I know of 3 threads on mustangforums that say the same thing

cobrals1eater

?

I sold my GT last year. It had 650hp to the wheels. It was an 88 with everything you can think of. It had a DSS 331 w/ 20 psi procharger, C4 and so on and so on. It got to the point of running 110 octane and got 8 mpg. After blowing 5 msd boxes and working on it for a while, enough is enough. It was a awesome street car. I though I was done, then bought a new 04 cobra. Now I'm back to modif. this one as well. No matter what you get, chevy, ford, ect., its all about the money you sink in them, how much enjoyment you get, and how much crap your willing to put up with when things go to hell. But when she's right, its a great feeling!!!

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

blown 5.0 vs stock ls1=ls1 unless ur puttin serious boost in it.

cobrals1eater

`

The stock 331 I had was faster than a stock ls1 due to the heads/intake ect. I agree, the stock 5.0 wasn't even close to the 5.7 how could it be?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

stroker fords are a force to be reckoned with, not even jus blown either. n/a 331s with good h/c/i can run real hard. i think this guy thats looking towards the possibilities of the ls1 cant go wrong with the ls1 but he has gone gravely wrong with the ford. let me state right now that the 5.0 fox bodies are not for guys that cant work on cars. like anything else if you cant work on cars and you want speed your gonna pay double. this guy obviously has to pay for his installs with a grand total of 12k in his estimates of what his car has cost. now, let me also say that his combo is really off. hes all over the map. whenever your trying to make a fast reliable car namely for the street your combo has to work together well to make good results. from what i have read his combo sucks. he bought a shit load of random parts hasnt installed them and has given up. when u mod ur car you gotta make wise purchases and get the damn job done. i view this guy simply as a non do yourselfer. he doesnt know shit. in his case he would be a lot better off with an ls1 being that ls1s are faster stock for stock so to speak and with known bolt ons they are an easier modified car to hit respectable numbers. jus my 2 cents

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

on the other hand, if he has the money he should really consider an 03 cobra. what a badass car.

cobrals1eater

`

310, I couldn't agree more. I worked and bled and sweated for 17 years on my first stang. Its great when it all comes together but as you stated, you must be willing to take the good with the bad regardless of what you drive. With my work sch and kids, I just didn't have the time I use to and so it just sat there begging to be driven, but you have to do what comes first. When I sold it, it was like losing a small piece of you but when I bought my 04 cobra, hell, it started all over again, just not to the extent of my GT.

1978 Corvette

I can't Imagine why any self respecting Mustang owner would consider an LS-1 or furthermore lurk on an LS-1.com website. Have they no pride!

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98MustGT
    I can't Imagine why any self respecting Mustang owner would consider an LS-1 or furthermore lurk on an LS-1.com website. Have they no pride!

looks like there are a lot of them with no self respect.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 98MustGT

I am on here cause there are some cool people on here and I like to hear what the other side thinks from time to time

1978 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    I am on here cause there are some cool people on here and I like to hear what the other side thinks from time to time
    Me too, I got alot of respect for the LS-1, love the stangs too. I was just teasing!

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

ls-1 is damn decent competiton....im always wondering..does he have a cam or nos...and they are like...wonder if he has pullies or a KB

Thread Information