For the muscleheads: I need a good mass gainer protein shake "that works"

I dont want creatine because it dehydrates you and makes you have the squirts . But what supplemnents preferably protein shakes do you weight lifters use to gain mass? I dont really lift a whole lota weights because i dont have time but i have to start running and doing push ups and crap like that for a police test and i would like to add some mass in the process.

What are the best brand names(not GNC, they suck)

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Muscletech - Nitrotech HARDCORE. it works great for me! along, go with cell tech and you will see some good gains IMO. i am not muscle head but i am on my way!

most people say ON 100% is good too.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

first of all there's no special muscle building properties in whey protein thats gonna make you get big jus because you drink protein shakes, its a supplement to your daily protein intake a day, simply because its convenient. That being said, 2 brands that are great products are bsn syntha 6 and ON 100percent whey.

The creatine does not make you dehydrated at all, dont know who told you that. However it does volumize water in your muscles and you wanna drink a lot of water in the process to get the full effect. You might be thinking creatine dehydrates you because you can often get cotton mouth from it.

I would stay away from muscletech products because they are a whole lot of hype and marketing and they cost way too much money. Their claims are downright comical.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    I dont really lift a whole lota weights because i dont have time)
    Don't waste your money on a weight gainer then. You need to lift heavy with a good routine to add mass.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Don't waste your money on a weight gainer then. You need to lift heavy with a good routine to add mass.
    +1

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    since we got a thread, anybody got a decent weekly workout program?

also, muscletech is expensive and yesy their claims are comical but stuff simply WORKS! i gained 15 lbs in 1,5-2 months from that product. 173lbs to 187lns now. I used nothing but nitrotech 4 scoops a day and kinda ate more. and now i added celltech in to the game and in a month or 2, i will see if they really helped or not.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    since we got a thread, anybody got a decent weekly workout program?
    Depends on how much time you have and what your goals are.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

I been using celltech.....I gained 10-12lb in 2 months....but I still dont weigh as much as Id like to. Im considering the xxx weight gainer stuff or something.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

N02...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

couple 2-3 double cheeseburgers always do it for me.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    couple 2-3 double cheeseburgers always do it for me.

I'm sure it works... however I believe he wants something that will add weight thats a bit... leaner... than the mcdonalds diet

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

2 PB & Js before you go to sleep.. and a jar of peanut butter every week.. will add weight quicker than just about anything.. ask derrinX to send you the workouts and meal plans i sent him..

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

check out bigger faster stronger, thats were my school got all the stuff for weights training sheets, you can personalize it for what you are wanting, agility or muscle etc

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    2 PB & Js before you go to sleep.. and a jar of peanut butter every week.. will add weight quicker than just about anything.. ask derrinX to send you the workouts and meal plans i sent him..

I agree pb & j's will add some weight. I added 2 a day as snacks along with a high protein diet and working out 5 days a week. In about 3 months I gained 10lbs in 6 months I went up another 5lbs, in 9 months I had put on a total of 20lbs. It was't all because on pb & js but they defiently don't hurt. A buddy of mine had to eat 4 a day in his college football training.

I tried gnc's weight gainers but was not a huge fan gave me the worst gas of my life. I was like clock work 30mins after a shake I would get horrible gas almost uncontrolable. I ditched it after a few weeks and just started eating more food.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I hate that some people are so skinny they need to "gain" weight!!!... LOL

I want something that'll let me build muscle and loose fat like a mofo... I'm only taking a ORYX (lactose free) Protein Shake... to keep the muscle happy... but then... how will I loose the fat?... (been going for a month... 5 days a week... with a pretty heavy training program... that was given to me by a trainer)

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    I hate that some people are so skinny they need to "gain" weight!!!... LOL

I want something that'll let me build muscle and loose fat like a mofo... I'm only taking a ORYX (lactose free) Protein Shake... to keep the muscle happy... but then... how will I loose the fat?... (been going for a month... 5 days a week... with a pretty heavy training program... that was given to me by a trainer)
    To lose fat, just eat less calories than your BMR, have a VERY clean diet, and do cardio... low intensity 3-6 times a week as well as HIIT 2-3 times a week.

Good thing is, it's easier than gaining weight (at least for me) (and by gaining weight I mean lean muscle mass, not what you get from downing a 2liter of pop each night.)

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

To lose fat, just eat less calories than your BMR, have a VERY clean diet, and do cardio... low intensity 3-6 times a week as well as HIIT 2-3 times a week.

Good thing is, it's easier than gaining weight (at least for me) (and by gaining weight I mean lean muscle mass, not what you get from downing a 2liter of pop each night.)
    hm... LOL @ the 2L thing... anywho... the BMR thing...no idea... and my diet... well isn't the best one... lol

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    hm... LOL @ the 2L thing... anywho... the BMR thing...no idea... and my diet... well isn't the best one... lol
    BMR is your basal metabolic rate... basically, it's the amount of calories your body requires each day to maintain your current weight. There are calculators online that calculate your BMR, you just enter your age, weight, height, etc.

Clean up your diet, count your calories so you can stay below the amount of calories of your BMR. IIRC, a good standard is eating 500 calories below your BMR to healthily lose weight.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

BMR is your basal metabolic rate... basically, it's the amount of calories your body requires each day to maintain your current weight. There are calculators online that calculate your BMR, you just enter your age, weight, height, etc.

Clean up your diet, count your calories so you can stay below the amount of calories of your BMR. IIRC, a good standard is eating 500 calories below your BMR to healthily lose weight.
    well then... I've lost 10lbs already... BMR seems to be 3525 calories when highly active... and usually eat well under that... so it's kool then...

anywho sorry for the thread jack... round here, they just say... eat your rice w/ beans and chicken/beef... an eat 3 big meals with 2 to 3 snacks... for gaining weight... along with the shakes and such...
    Last edited by Rikki_SeVeN; 02-19-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Thread Information