I rather be wakeboarding SexyWS6Mama's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 WS6

Moving and Everything is Different

Wow, I'm in a chapter of my life that I just moved away from my family and all of my friends and I hate it. I miss everyone! I'm all alone in a town that I have no clue about. It sucks. I know I need to go and meet people and make friends, but I don't even know where to start.

Hmmm. I am tired of eating alone!! hahaha I was used to hanging out with my best friend 24/7 and now I don't even see him.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Why did you move? And where?

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SexyWS6Mama
    Wow, I'm in a chapter of my life that I just moved away from my family and all of my friends and I hate it. I miss everyone! I'm all alone in a town that I have no clue about. It sucks. I know I need to go and meet people and make friends, but I don't even know where to start.

Hmmm. I am tired of eating alone!! hahaha I was used to hanging out with my best friend 24/7 and now I don't even see him.
    Don't worry, DFW is a very cool place (I lived there '97-'01) and I'm sure you'll meet some cool people pretty soon. I've moved a lot in my life, trust me you'll always make new friends. Two weeks from today I'll be back in Texas myself (Houston area) and I can't wait because New York sucks balls.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
    Why did you move? And where?
    better job. moved to grand prairie

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

mama, i found that the best way to meet peeps is to get involved:

art gallery/exhibits with wine
    seek out social events that are sponsered by local businesses. Most of them are like "cocktail hours" or something
    Get involved with a sports league
    Go see musicians play and ask for their number [ok, a little forward]

i thought you had a dance studio? can you start that up again?

Take it from a military wife:

You'll settle into your own groove. Just give it time.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

wow what a coincidence. My ex bitch gf just moved up to garland. with all my fucking CDs and a sapphire tennis bracelet she doesnt deserve. make friends with her. Weasel your way inside her heart, THEN DESTROY YOUR WAY OUT!

then kick her in the nutsack.

'57,'63,'70,'91,'01

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic
    wow what a coincidence. My ex bitch gf just moved up to garland. with all my fucking CDs and a sapphire tennis bracelet she doesnt deserve. make friends with her. Weasel your way inside her heart, THEN DESTROY YOUR WAY OUT!

then kick her in the nutsack.

well, just as long as your not bitter or anything.

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar

I would drive the 1200 miles to have lunch or dinner with you,...just don't tell my wife!

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    Oh wait....She's in the Carribean,on a cruise.......I'm getting the car keys now!!

BIGRED Z
    Ws6 MAMA, Just seek out the closest local F-body board, that's what I did. Hell I met my fiancee-about to be husband that way.

If no local board is available, either start your own and collect friends with common interests that way or seek out the local muscle car market and meet other folks with common interests.

Just think, if you started your own board, you could seek LS1.com as your "sister board" or the sister board to your own local board that you frequent.

My man and and I live in Northern Kentucky (NKYFBA.com) and are considering relocating to Palm Coast, Florida. We are close friends with Craig who runs the NKYFBA board and are considering starting the PCFBA (Palm Coast F-body Assoc.) as a sister board. Just an idea. It would certainly draw attention from locals who share a common attraction.

Lori

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

funny u mentioned that lori, i think she used to run a board / club where she was from.

mama-what happened with you and that guy you were dating? the one with the bike-you 2 no longer together? what's he think of you moving?

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Hey girl, I was in the same boat a year ago. I moved away from everything and everyone i knew in Kansas City, Family, friends, all of it to come down here to Dallas for a better job and better pay. I spent my 26 b-day here in Dallas all alone. I just had my 27th this past monday. It took me a while to get adjusted because i knew only enough people to count on one hand. I was out of my comfort zone BIG TIME! eventually like you I got tired of eating and doing things by myself and got involved in co-ed softball, and co-ed soccer though the city of Dallas and up in 'The Village'. Everythuing has turned around but it took a few months to get settled. Sure those few months I was first here rattled me a little but once things calm down, you'll be happy you made the move and started that new chapter in your life. Im here in Dallas, so if you'd like to meet up sometime, the ball is in your court.
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    mama, i found that the best way to meet peeps is to get involved:

art gallery/exhibits with wine
    seek out social events that are sponsered by local businesses. Most of them are like "cocktail hours" or something
    Get involved with a sports league
    Go see musicians play and ask for their number [ok, a little forward]

i thought you had a dance studio? can you start that up again?
    did you google that

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Hey Sexy, it all sounds good to me. Sometimes a little sacrifice has to be made for the long term goal. I did it back in 90, moved from NJ by myself, lived here 3 months alone after never being alone, so I know how you feel. Yea, in a few months you'll have plenty friends, don't sweat it. With your looks, your great attitude, and your bad ass ride good things are on the way, I'm sure of it.

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Do you have kids? They are great ice breakers! I didn't really know anyone over here until I had kids. All our friends and family were at least an hour away (sometimes that's a good thing lol). Now we know a lot of people and have quite a few really good friends. Good luck!

White
    '10 ZR1

You won't have any problems. I moved away from "home" too tens years ago. It's the best thing I ever did. I've taken advantage of a lot of opportunity and I'm much better for it. I was only 22, and I had nothing to loose, so why the heck not? It took a while to meet people and I was home sick too, but you just work through it. I've made some great friends here and wouldn't change it for anything. Hook up with SS girl, there's a start already

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 WS6

thanks everyone for your advice. I think I will take your advice and try to do things. I know tonight is a social pizza party at the apartment complex, so I might check that out....maybe meet a new friends.

I definetly want to check out the car club here in GP, because I rather hang with guys/girls that are into cars...so we'll see how that goes. I missed the meeting time this week.. (opps..wasn't totally my fault!!!)

No kids......just a cat and shark fishes.

Me and STANGKILLA are cool. We are best friends but not dating at this time. But he lives back in Killeen and I have no best friend to hang with anymore. He's not happy that I moved. And yes, I was in a car club back in Killeen and now I'm missing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting a sister board...hmmm...once work starts, I don't think I"ll have time to keep up with it....I sometimes play disappearing acts on ls1.com !

Modulistic: no thanks, I don't want to make friends with a bitch! I rather have the down to earth people

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

You can come have dinner with me and the family every Sunday. Just let me know. I'm about 30 minutes north of you in Watauga.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 WS6

ahhh thanks...i have never heard of Watauga

Thread Information