Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Moved out tonite... need advice

I been putting up with a lot of shit lately,
    tonite I couldnt take it no more, packed up almost all my shit and took off, crashing with a friend tonite. Probably going to get a job at a pizza place and move in with a room mate. Any advice for me ?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

stay in school?

NBM
    99 TA

My advice is that you are 17 and you need to finish school, and get a life.
    No matter how much you think your parents suck, they just want what is best for you.

Try talking to them and trying to reason with them instead of being a "big man" and packing your shit like it is going to prove some kind of point.

But before we get into this too far, what kind of shit have you been dealing with? If your parents are both meth-heads and prostituting you out to old men then i might have some different advice for you.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

wtf did you move out for? i waited till i was 19 and i thought that was early

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    My advice is that you are 17 and you need to finish school, and get a life.
    No matter how much you think your parents suck, they just want what is best for you.
    Not in all cases. My parents drive me batshit insane. I can't wait to get out of college and get as far away from them as possible

Edit: I know everyone my age says this. I'm 110% serious

Red
    2001 ws6

move back in, ive been kicked out a few times, itll blow over, you cant survive in todays day in age at 17 as a pizza boy

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    move back in, ive been kicked out a few times, itll blow over, you cant survive in todays day in age at 17 as a pizza boy
    true story. I doubt I could move out, and I make pretty good money at my job. and I'm a couple years older than you. I'm not moving out anytime soon.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea I am still going to stay in school, the pizza thing is just a job in the meantime, they get good tips at this one restaurant, I get my real estate license in may so it would be a temperately job anyways.
    So everyone here thinks I should move back anyways?

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

go home! at 17 we all thought we had it bad.. none of us knew as much as we thought we did.. we all wish we were 17 again now that we know what we know!!!!

if you move out it is going to force you to grow up.... go home and be a kid for a bit longer!!!!

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I knew a girl in highschool, still a friend(just friends) she moved out of her house at 17. Graduated high school early, got a part time job, paid the bills for her own place. She made it, has her own house and doing great now, but she changed when she moved out. My advice, start calling your parents by their first names. It makes them seem more like room mates and less like parents.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Yea I am still going to stay in school, the pizza thing is just a job in the meantime, they get good tips at this one restaurant, I get my real estate license in may so it would be a temperately job anyways.
    Without knowing more about the situation it is nearly impossible to actually give advice that has any creedence.

Although I was "dependant" in many ways, I stayed with friends at their apartments and paid rent from the time I was 17 during summer vacations. It gave me some freedom but also taught me the responsibility of having bills to pay and living up to my obligations. I did not burn bridges with my parents.

When I went to college I stayed in a dorm the first year. My parents paid for me to go to college (I was extremely fortunate). I also had part time jobs at a local restaurant/resort and as a ski instructor to help with the bills as I believed it was my obligation to contribute to the best of my ability despite the fact that my parents could have afforded college without my working.

My Dad fronted me money for a car my sophomore year and I paid him back over the next two years the full amount.

Yes I was dependant but I also was brought up to understand that in my parents house I had to live by their rules. If I wanted their financial assistance I had to play by their rules. If I wanted to be independant I had to work and do the best job that I could be it at school or an occupation. My job was to be successful as a way of honoring the time, effort, and financial support my parents provided me.

Yes I screwed up more than once. Yes they bailed me out a few times. But I learned because of my mistakes and the burden was less because of their experience.

As frustrating as it is to be young, full of hormones and a strong case of the "party gene" in most cases my parents were spot on with their values and opinions. I had a lot to learn.

Going forward...

My Dad passed away after I had been out of college just a couple of years. My Mom passed in 2005. Life is short and there is absolutely nothing more fulfilling that doing your very best to honor your parents while respecting the person you choose to become.

I helped care for my Dad as he withered away. I had the painful experience of receiving the call from a local hospital that my mom passed from a heart attack in her vehicle. I then had to step up and inform friends and family.

Time is a non-renewable resource and I suggest you think through your actions and decide what what you want, what is the right thing to do, what makes sense, and make a choice that best suits yourself and your family.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    true story. I doubt I could move out, and I make pretty good money at my job. and I'm a couple years older than you. I'm not moving out anytime soon.
    ?... if you own an LS1 you can make it on your own, you just choose not you.
    might aswell take the free ride while you can tho

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Don't be a dumbass. I'm sure you think its awesome sticking it to the man and telling your parents to fuck off, and you'll be set living the life with a low paying job. But then you might realize that it won't be as fun when your parents cancel your car insurance and repo your car if they own it. And if you do own it, have fun paying insurance on it, pizza boy. And your friends' parents will eventually get tired of letting you live in their house rent-free. Go home. Don't ruin your life.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Dumbass.... fuck off... pizza boy... Go home...
    Here is the cliff notes for 86 IROC's post in case it is too much too read for anyone!!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Move back home until you at least graduate high school...you'll have to eat some crow so just be a man and suck it up. Real estate isn't stable right now like it was a few years ago....you'll end up delivering pizzas longer then you think.

Believe it or not once you are finally ready to move out you'll get closer to your parents. They become more like friends and everyone gets along better because you don't live together anymore...but this takes time. I still call my parents dad and mom even though they treat me as a peer...and I always will. Don't ruin that experience for yourself by burning bridges...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    Here is the cliff notes for 86 IROC's post in case it is too much too read for anyone!!

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Stay in school.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Black
    1999 Trans am

FYI, you are NOT 18 years of age, legally your a run-away now. STAY WITH YOUR PARENTS till your 18 DEeal with it then move out man seriously your gonna fuck up.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

I'd buy a pizza from an 18 year old kid, but I wouldn't buy a house from him. Guess what I'm saying is it takes quite a while to get established and a good reputation in that business. I've always said there are three types of people in this world. Lawyers, Politicians and real estate agents: All 3 are full of shit and will tell you what you want to hear.

move back in...

train hard, say your prayers and eat your vitamins!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information