98 Formula
    06 duramax

mouse issue in the camper

All of you guys get your vacuum and general douche baggery jokes out of the way but offer up some ideas while you're at it. Had a couple mice get in the camper this fall. Made the mistake of putting decon out because I don't want them destroying my camper. I say mistake because one died in the camper and stunk it to holy hell and back. I found him yesterday inside the furnace and get him out then cycled the furnace on and off 500 times spraying lysol into the air intake. I would turn it on and right back off so the burners wouldn't light but the fan would run for a few minutes in "cool down" mode. I'm sure I could jump that fan to run but it's easier just to do it that way. Anyhow.....noticed I had no flow from one of the vents so I took the underbelly down on the camper and found 587 holes chewed in that vent and a huge nest in it. Fixed vent and removed nest. I think I'm about back to square one on it. Not much smell in there now and the vents all seem to have good flow. Now I want to keep the damn things out. There's only 3 points of entry on the camper. Front jacks, rear jacks, and tires. The front jacks I don't think they can get up because there's about 18" of smooth metal at the top. The rear jacks they can climb but I don't see any holes in the underbelly along the frame where they would have to chew their way in. That leaves the tires which is how I *think* they're getting in. I think they're climbing the tires and either going in through the slide gap above the drivers side tires or going up the suspension to where it meets the frame.

Any ideas on how to keep them from getting up the tires? I had thought about putting glue traps on top of the tires and tying them around the tire with a piece of string but that seems like it would be pretty hit or miss. I don't really have any solution for keeping them off the tires.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Stuff Bounce dryer sheets into the entry points.

Has kept mice out of my camper for years.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Moth balls?

Pair of Jim's sandals? Not sure if he wears socks and honestly don't care to know.

Mice are like roaches...get into everything. Could you place the decon at the entry points?

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Buy some cans of construction expanding foam. Spray it on/in anything they could get in through.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I've heard about the dryer sheets. If I can figure out where they're getting in I would do that. I have a 2 year old so moth balls and decon isn't the best option. I used decon this time but it's up where Pickle can't get to it and even then it worries the shit out of me. For a 2 year old anything green and in pellet form equals some type of candy. I've read/heard peppermint oil keeps them away so that may be an option too. I don't mind trying 2-3 things. Like I say....just have to be careful with the little one around. Right now the current plan are glue traps and decon. I have some of the child proof dispensers I'm going to use this time. Pickle really won't be in there much this winter but he will be in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If you have electricity out there, they sell plug-ins that emit a high frequency sound which rodents hate. They work extremely well and are also dog friendly.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Thread Information