let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

most fun I had in my old trd camry

to start i did drive a trd supercharged camry for about a year. it was a fun car. horrible at the strip because of traction, but a really fun car to drive at the time. but I remember one time when I was driving it down to six flag over georgia with my friend in the car with me we were just trying to make good time. we stopped for gas and there was a trd camry there too. a white one. other than color it had a different exhaust system that differentiated it from mine. so when the person came out to his car i said I liked it and he was like yeah I just upgraded the injectors and raised the boost to 10psi. I was like I upgraded mine a few months back and raised the boost to 12psi. He said I bet that thing runs pretty good then I was like yeah It's all right, so yeah that was cool and all because noone has the trd camry. then we both pulled out and we ended up going the same way down the highway. at first the guy in the other one just kept wanting to race as we kept being so close from 50-100, then we just started cruising down the road. we weren't being competitive or anything just cruising. we were goign between 85 and 110 the whole was down to atlanta. we ended up staying pretty close all the way down to some split in atl. When we got to that split he waved out his car at me and i waved back. the part where we were cruising down the highway was just great to me. that had to be the best fun I ever had in that car. Maybe some of the best fun I have ever had in a car. I can't think of a time when I had more fun in the camaro, but as a car I like the camaro more. the camry was just great for me at the time. I loved that car. I even thought about building one for fun sometime. just find one with a blown motor and drop in a big 270hp 3sgte. that would be a great dd for me. total cost of around 2000 and it would have plenty of passing power with good gas mileage.

well please don't flame for it being a camry. or the fact I'd like to build another one. I just loved the fun I had that day in it.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

My buddy has a TC that he was running a TRD blower on. Dumbass never got the tune and blew the motor. I rebuilt it over the winter with 9:1 forged pistons and ARPs. A guy with the same setup ran 30 psi with a turbo on race gas. When he puts his charger back on he plans on a custom 14 pound pulley. Defintly impressive motors.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by SStriker View Post
    My buddy has a TC that he was running a TRD blower on. Dumbass never got the tune and blew the motor. I rebuilt it over the winter with 9:1 forged pistons and ARPs. A guy with the same setup ran 30 psi with a turbo on race gas. When he puts his charger back on he plans on a custom 14 pound pulley. Defintly impressive motors.
    yeah almost all toyota motors have potential aside form like the corola motors. there are a few people that have done that with them. it actually says you don't have to get it tuned in the instructions for the install though. it's really dumb. on mine it didn't have to be tuned for more boost because of the way that the maf was set up. mine dyno'd at 320hp before i sold it untuned.. I think the girl that got it is going to kill herself in it though. she just turned 16 in november and added me on myspace in october to ask me about it. she said when she drove it with her mom in the passenger seat that it seemed overpowered and fast. I told her what all was done to it and how much power it has and she was like yay. I like the car alot more now. I hope she doesn't kill herself. most 16 year olds male and female don't know how to handle that much power. especially in a fwd. heck when I got it it only had 220hp at 3psi. I worked my way up on it. it took me 6 months with the car before i had it up to 320. I was looking into upgraded superchargers when I sold it. when I realized that now matter what I did it would still be a camry and never do good in a drag race. then I went back to f bodies and got my camaro. I'm still happy with it.

Black
    , 2007 CBR600RR

si flags..
    i got in my buddys truck once b/c he cant park and i power breaked it in the parking lot threw it in drive and ran away
    lol the couple cam to the truck looking around b/c they thought it was on fire.
    it was fucking classic.

Thread Information