Thread: mitsu evolution

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

mitsu evolution

i really dont like japanese cars but a buddy of mine jus purchased an 05 electric blue evo and let me tell you the fuckin car is pretty sweet. shitsubishi apparently spent all their r&d money on this one model. the car pulls real hard for a 4 cyl and handles like a mothefucker. the seats are great, the driving position is very comfortable and the steering is the best steering i have ever experienced in any car, including porsches. you move the wheel and its unbelieveably direct. anyways i am not gonna buy one anytime soon but if i was forced to give up v8 rwd domestic performance and had to get a 4 cyl with awd capabilities this car would be at the top of my list. anyways talks amongst yourselves i have an alternator to install.

Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

Drive a Scooby STI, and if you can get past the obscenely short gears, you'll love it. It's got the same performance but it's a more comfortable ride, and doesn't sound like a civic since it's got unequal length headers
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6
    SLP Lid, Flowmaster, Cutout, Spec Stage 3, Pro 5.0 w/ Lou's short stick, Pacesetter Race LT's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Nitto NT555R DR's, Moser 12-bolt with TrueTrac and 3.90s, RPM Speed LCA's and Panhard Bar

white
    1995 z28

my only beef with the evo is the price...good lord looked at one yesterday the mr edition dang...only 37,000....wow lot more choices out there for that kinda loot

Just bought my IX MR from South Coast Mitsu for 31,999 OTD. I can tell you this thing is ridiculous. I had an '01 SS w/ headers/exhaust/cam and this seems to pull just as hard stock. Mods coming (exhaust, boost controller, tune) should give me close to 350 whp (SS dyno'd 389). Doing some weight reduction should get me down to 31xx lbs...can't wait!

The handling is something that must be experienced. I was racing go-karts a few weeks ago and this thing feels similar. Unbelievably responsive steering, great brakes, and no fear cornering. Going around a turn and just nailing it is pure driving joy.

Only things I miss: the exhaust sound of the SS and the community.

Quote Originally Posted by justahoe
    my only beef with the evo is the price...good lord looked at one yesterday the mr edition dang...only 37,000....wow lot more choices out there for that kinda loot

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

the evo community sucks for sure. my friend hates that aspect. its all idiot spoiled brats. i was very impressed with what you said.... the steering and handling, and fuck man does it pull hard for a 4 cyl. the main things that turn me off are its high price tag and it being a mitsu. mitsu has a bad reliability record, poor customer service, and they are financially worse then gm is right now. so buying these cars now might mean you getting fucked out of warranty work later if the company were to go under. mistu north america anyways.

Thread Information