Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

A Million Little Pieces

Alright, who has read the book "A Million Little Peices"? If so what did you think of it? I read it in 2 sitting's. the second day i read it i read for a little over 9 hours. 435 page book i finished in 2 days. That not like me, for one i dont read a whole lot. Exception's being car magazines, wiring diagrams, and hydrualic diagrams. See BillyT? i actually do have a hint of something else in me besides just drinking beer. Its about a guy who overcame a SERIOUS drug addition, very interesting.This book has been in Opera's book club and all over CNN , news, Daily show, etc. What do ya think?

Edit: whats your Favorite book? I enjoy books like the one stated above. true stories about stuff, preferably drug addiction or something interesting to read. I dont mind a good horror book ethier. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Hi-Po; 03-08-2006 at 09:02 PM.

Red
    93 Camaro V6(I know lame)

damn dude, 9 hours? i actually do enjoy reading, just havnt had much time for it lately. 9 hours tho is nuts. the most ive even read in a single sitting was probably like 6 or 7 hours.

my favorite book? that would be dreamcatcher, they made it into a crappy movie but the book IMO was very good

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

yes i know, 9 hours is absoluting insane. but dude, it was such a fucking good book i could not put it down. i had to see what happened next.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I don't have time to read, simply because I do it just like you did. Once it gets me it gets me and I can't put it down until it's done. If I try to do anything else I can't concentrate on it cause I just wanna get back and finish the book. I wish I could break that habit because I really do enjoy reading. Things like you starting this thread bring books to my attention and really make me wanna go pick em up to see what it's all about. Give me a rundown on it, I might just go pick it up

BIGRED Z
    Dean Koontz is my favorite. I also enjoy John Saul, Robin Cook, VC Andrews, Anne Rice, there's more too, will think of them later.

tonyrssll
    it's a good book, you should read the second book called My Friend Lenord. It picks up after he left rehab. The Author, James Frey, admitted that he lied in the books. I still enjoyed the books. I read both of them in three days.

black
    1994 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po
    Alright, who has read the book "A Million Little Peices"? If so what did you think of it? I read it in 2 sitting's. the second day i read it i read for a little over 9 hours. 435 page book i finished in 2 days. That not like me, for one i dont read a whole lot. Exception's being car magazines, wiring diagrams, and hydrualic diagrams. See BillyT? i actually do have a hint of something else in me besides just drinking beer. Its about a guy who overcame a SERIOUS drug addition, very interesting.This book has been in Opera's book club and all over CNN , news, Daily show, etc. What do ya think?

Edit: whats your Favorite book? I enjoy books like the one stated above. true stories about stuff, preferably drug addiction or something interesting to read. I dont mind a good horror book ethier. Any ideas?
    the author was on oprah and admitted he lied and exxagerated a lot in that book. it was 90% bullshit, i too started reading it and loved it until i saw him on oprah and she confronted him and he admitted it was a lot of made up stuff, like the ending was all made up.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by besz28
    the author was on oprah and admitted he lied and exxagerated a lot in that book. it was 90% bullshit, i too started reading it and loved it until i saw him on oprah and she confronted him and he admitted it was a lot of made up stuff, like the ending was all made up.
    I beleive it was annonced as 5 to 10 % bullshit. Anyways

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    I don't have time to read, simply because I do it just like you did. Once it gets me it gets me and I can't put it down until it's done. If I try to do anything else I can't concentrate on it cause I just wanna get back and finish the book. I wish I could break that habit because I really do enjoy reading. Things like you starting this thread bring books to my attention and really make me wanna go pick em up to see what it's all about. Give me a rundown on it, I might just go pick it up
    Man......... i promise you , if you get this book you will not be disappointed. It is by far the crazyest(sp wrong i know) thing ive ever read. This guy is a fucking badass in my book. And yes, i have heard of the sequel, My friend Leanord. I bet that is damn good also. Leanord is a badass as well. I will be reading that within the up coming wonths.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED Z
    Dean Koontz is my favorite. I also enjoy John Saul, Robin Cook, VC Andrews, Anne Rice, there's more too, will think of them later.
    Hey BIGRED Z, what's your fav Koontz book ? mine is twilight eyes

black
    1994 z28

major parts of this book were a fake,the shocking ending was all made up. the main reason this book was incredible was because DAM THIS GUY WENT THREW ALL THIS, when really he really didn't. it was some addict who wrote a really exxagerated book and made a lot of money. when you started reading this book it was because you thought it was real......nope.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

did opera tell you to read it lol j/k

Silver
    98 Honda Civic

My wife is reading the book right now and loves it! She tells me I have to read it next. My favorite book is The Autobiography of Malcom X. Great book!

BIGRED Z
    Quote Originally Posted by TMF
    Hey BIGRED Z, what's your fav Koontz book ? mine is twilight eyes
    That was a great one!

Lightning, the Bad Place, the Odd Thomas series, it's hard to choose. They are all so different in so many ways. The Bad Place is a fav because my kid brother has Down Syndrome. Lightning was just an awesome story. I liked Watchers too. Too bad the movie totally sucked.

Did you know he wrote under several other names including Lee Nichols, Owen West...I'm pretty sure all the tiltles released under the other names have been reprinted under the Koontz name though.

Lori

White
    2003 Ram 2500

I just read a good book. its called Spare Parts ( a marine reservist's journey from campus to combat in 38 days) by Buzz williams. Another one is Flags of our Fathers. Yeah i like war books

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

major parts of this book were a fake,the shocking ending was all made up. the main reason this book was incredible was because DAM THIS GUY WENT THREW ALL THIS, when really he really didn't. it was some addict who wrote a really exxagerated book and made a lot of money. when you started reading this book it was because you thought it was real......nope.
    haha NO. i read it before all the mobojumbo hype.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Wrong, he exxagerated the part of rullin over a cop. He actually ran a curb and had the intection of smoking all the crack he had. the arrests made in Michigan, ohion and ? where totally true. They were researched by that fag frat boy and turned up true.

Grilled Cheese rocks!!!!! slo4mula's Avatar

GM Bright Red
    2000 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED Z
    That was a great one!

Lightning, the Bad Place, the Odd Thomas series, it's hard to choose. They are all so different in so many ways. The Bad Place is a fav because my kid brother has Down Syndrome. Lightning was just an awesome story. I liked Watchers too. Too bad the movie totally sucked.

Did you know he wrote under several other names including Lee Nichols, Owen West...I'm pretty sure all the tiltles released under the other names have been reprinted under the Koontz name though.

Lori
    How could a Koontz fan not have mentioned Watchers yet? That is my favorite book of all time. Twilight Eyes is my second favorite one though.

1. Watchers
    2. Twilight Eyes
    3. Whispers
    4. Lightning

BIGRED Z
    Quote Originally Posted by slo4mula
    How could a Koontz fan not have mentioned Watchers yet? That is my favorite book of all time. Twilight Eyes is my second favorite one though.

1. Watchers
    2. Twilight Eyes
    3. Whispers
    4. Lightning

I did mention Watchers. Look again. It was an awesome one! Ooooo and I forgot whispers, that was a freaky one! Ugh roaches! There are very few that aren't awesome. Phantoms was probably the one I was least impressed with. Mr. Murder was so-so on the first read, but I liked better the 2nd time around.
    Last edited by BIGRED Z; 03-09-2006 at 11:29 PM.

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

I really don't have one single book as a favorite, but I just finished a great read: Wildwood Boys by James Carlos Blake. It is a novel based on the life of Bloody Bill Anderson. Talk about badassess, and most of these guys were just kids... If you have ever seen the movie Ride with the devil and liked it you will like the book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information