Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Military guys inside.....(Bulgogi)

Anyone know a good recipe for this? Every one i have found online doesn't taste right. I know there are a million ways to make it, but pass along a good one if you know it. I know we got to have some guys that spent some time in Korea here.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Man I haven't had some good Korean food in a long time. I was stationed at Camp Humphreys back in 91-92.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    Man I haven't had some good Korean food in a long time. I was stationed at Camp Humphreys back in 91-92.
    HA! Youngun! I was stationed at Camp Hovey from 1974 to 1975. I was in a leg unit humping yama's for a living. Alpha Co 1/9 Infantry.

I've only found 1 place that served cuisine comprable to what I got in Korea. It's back in my home town of Gardena, California. Population in that city is mostly Asian's, predominately Japanese and Chinese but the Koreans are catching up. Best Bulgogi and Kimchi on this side of the pond. Last time I was in Los Angeles they were still there but I didn't have the time to eat.

Unfortunately I can't help you with a recipe but I know what you mean. I had a hard time finding a good Japanese bakery and Sushi bar when I moved to the Phoenix area.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

OK, for my 1,000th post I want to relate a Korean food adventure.

Me and a buddy went to Seoul on a 3 day pass. We were walking around checking out the sights and having a pretty good time. I noticed a sign on a building advertising coffee for like 10 cents a cup. I don't know about now but 30+ years ago finding a decent cup of coffee in an out of the way restaurant in downtown Seoul was rare. Usually all you could get was tea.

We went upstairs following the signs....

On the 5th floor was a beautiful restaurant, you had to remove your shoes and put on slippers to get in. As we were the only ones there they treated me and my friend like royalty. For $5 (mind you this was 1975) I got a 1 pound steak and 1 pound of shrimp with all the fixins, AND they cooked it at the table (Benihana style) in front of us.

I've got a lot of stories from when I was stationed there.

We even got pictures of us and the cook. I still have the pix in my Korea photo book.

Also, the coffee was pretty good.

Go to chef2chef.com and look. My wife is a chef and thats her fav source for recipes.

Not sure where you are located but several good places near Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton OH, plus shops were you can buy Asian ingredients really cheap(A kilo of hot pepper flakes for .99).

Thread Information